Report: Pettitte wants out of Wednesday's hearing

dirty

EOG Master
Report: Pettitte wants out of Wednesday's hearing

<!-- // Writer Attribution// --><!-- Meta Tag For Search --><!-- meta name="author" content=""--><!-- meta name="source" content="AP"--><!-- meta name="eventId" content=""--><!-- meta name="contentTypeCode" content="1"--><!-- meta name="editorContentCode" content="1"--><!-- meta name="blurb" content="and HOWARD FENDRICH Andy Pettitte's lawyer has been in discussions with congressional staff to have the New York Yankees pitcher dropped from the witness list at a House committee hearing about Roger Clemens. The sides were talking into Monday evening, two people familiar with the committee's work tell The Associated Press, speaking on condition of anonymity because no decision has been made."--> <!-- meta name="modDate" content="February 12, 2008 02:10:29 GMT"--> Associated Press

WASHINGTON (AP) - Andy Pettitte's lawyer has been in discussions with congressional staff to have the New York Yankees pitcher dropped from the witness list at a House committee hearing about Roger Clemens.

The sides were talking into Monday evening, two people familiar with the committee's work tell The Associated Press, speaking on condition of anonymity because no decision has been made.
The House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform is holding a hearing Wednesday to look at Clemens' denials of allegations - made in the Mitchell Report by his former trainer - that the seven-time Cy Young Award winner used steroids and human growth hormone.
Pettitte gave a sworn deposition to committee staff last week, as did Clemens and trainer Brian McNamee.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/7784768/Report:pettitte-wants-out-of-Wednesday's-hearing-#

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated
Re: Report: Pettitte wants out of Wednesday's hearing

Can he do that? I wonder why. He is in a tough position. Just tell the truth, unlike Clemens!

dirty

EOG Master

He Probably Can't tell the Truth... no telling what him and Clemens have going together Business wise, etc... they have been tight for years...

I am just speculating...but who wants to testify and rat their Friends..no matter what

No way he wants to look at federal perjury charges to save Clemens.

texansfan

EOG Master

Does anyone have a friend they would go to prison over? I'm not talking about a few days in the local jail but possible years in a Federal facility.

OscarB

EOG Dedicated

Does anyone have a friend they would go to prison over? I'm not talking about a few days in the local jail but possible years in a Federal facility.

i would go for mofo

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Clemens HAS TO KNOW what petttite is going to do. If not would he and his lawyers have taken this position? I think not. That is why this case is so strange. What Clemens is doing is absurd unless Pettite is going to cover for him.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

No. Especially in this case where Clemens is bringing it ALL ON HIMSELF.

"We don't want you Andy, we want Roger".

The informants may have more evidence to implicate Pettite than we've seen thereby forcing Pettite to take a deal for immunity. Could happen...

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

JAIL! All he has to do is tell the truth and he would be like every other steriod athlete. No, Roger wants to fight the facts.

The truth? the facts? What facts do you have? Give me a list of facts.

The Devil

EOG Master

I LOVE IT.......WATCHING THESE LYING MILLIONAIRES BEGGING.....

THEY ARE ALL GUILTY AND NOW THE WORM IS TURNING AND THEY ARE SQUIRMMING.........

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

I am assuming he is guilty. If not diff story of course. Trainer has nothing to gain by lieing. Clemens is guilty and is actions on the interview were not good. You think he is innocent?

texansfan

EOG Master

What facts or evidence is there that Cleme's didn't do them? At least there is a person who claims to have injected numerous athletes with steroids and most of them have backed up his claims. Your love affair with Clemens is admirable but this is not a court case. Even Pettite has admitted the claims of being injected are true.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

What facts or evidence is there that Cleme's didn't do them? At least there is a person who claims to have injected numerous athletes with steroids and most of them have backed up his claims. Your love affair with Clemens is admirable but this is not a court case. Even Pettite has admitted the claims of being injected are true.

Clemens doesn't need facts to prove anything. In this country, you're innocent until proven guilty. No one has proved anything yet as far as i'm concerned.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

I am assuming he is guilty. If not diff story of course. Trainer has nothing to gain by lieing. Clemens is guilty and is actions on the interview were not good. You think he is innocent?

He has nothing to gain? He's plea bargaining to save his own ass. If Mac said, "i dont know anything" he goes to jail...to me, that's pretty big incentive right there.

texansfan

EOG Master

Clemens doesn't need facts to prove anything. In this country, you're innocent until proven guilty. No one has proved anything yet as far as i'm concerned.

Maybe in a court but he isn't on trial is he? I guess Barry Bond's is innocent then also. You're entitled to your opinion but that weasel Clemens is lying his ass off.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Maybe in a court but he isn't on trial is he? I guess Barry Bond's is innocent then also. You're entitled to your opinion but that weasel Clemens is lying his ass off.

You must be a pretty rich man i'd take it.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

No, but I do know how the law works unlike you.

You're not rich? I'd think that a person with your skill of being able to just look at a person on TV and determine they are lying has got to have many people wanting to pay you big bucks for that talent.

Also, with your expert knowledge of the law, you can be a high priced lawyer somewhere making big bucks at that too.

So, not only are you the modern day Johnny Cochran, but you have the incredible skill of just eyeballing a man on tv and tell if he's lying.

We're all humbled that a person of your stature would post here at EOG with us peons.:+expressi

OscarB

EOG Dedicated

pettitte knows the truth. clemens is going to the big house with barry

texansfan

EOG Master

I have intelligence and common sense, both of which you lack. In my profession I have people lie to me everyday. I am looking at the evidence that has been presented so far and I am basing my conclusions based on that. Clemens has offered nothing other than threats. Again, most of the athletes named in the Mitchell have admitted it's true or have not bothered to come forward to dispute the allegations.

I was at the press conference at the George R. Brown convention center here in Houston when Clemen's gave his press conference. The guy, when pressed with hard questions, either got mad or defensive and then suddenly walked away from the podium after being unable to contain his anger. You can believe what you want, I'll believe what I want.

The Devil

EOG Master

I KNOW IF I HAD THE GOODS ON ONE OF MY FRIENDS.......AND I WAS GOING TO BE A WITNESS, I WOULD DO WHATEVER I COULD TO GET OUT OF RATTING HIM OUT..........

APPEARS THAT IS WHAT PETTITTE IS TRYING TO DO............

texansfan

EOG Master

I KNOW IF I HAD THE GOODS ON ONE OF MY FRIENDS.......AND I WAS GOING TO BE A WITNESS, I WOULD DO WHATEVER I COULD TO GET OUT OF RATTING HIM OUT..........

APPEARS THAT IS WHAT PETTITTE IS TRYING TO DO............

Exactly. If asked questions in regards to Clemen's and he pleads the 5th it looks bad. If he goes before Congress and tells the truth it looks bad. Pettite knows he is in a bad situation. He probably wishes he never would have admitted his own use of HGH.