2012 AL Cy Young Award Winner

TonyMar

EOG Dedicated
Re: 2012 AL Cy Young Award Winner

Francisco Liriano is healthy heading into spring training...

If you look back to his rookie year...this kid is terrific.

So I think he uses this season to get back on track...and then begins a dominating run as a top flight AL starter for years to come.

Journeyman

EOG Master

I agree Liriano could be the best! Just imposible to know where he's at , he was incredible, probably a little better than Santana even during that crazy run in 2006.

TonyMar

EOG Dedicated

J-MAN...

You excited about bases starting right?

I do feel a bit sorry for your O's...ahhhh the great Andy McFAIL. Hard to understand how subtracting Bedard is a good move.

However...If Hendry is able to work the Roberts deal with his old boss...that would be a major addition for the Cubs. A true leadoff hitter and solid 2B...would allow Piniella to use DeRosa as his true utility guy...

Do you think Roberts gets traded?

Journeyman

EOG Master

J-MAN...

You excited about bases starting right?

I do feel a bit sorry for your O's...ahhhh the great Andy McFAIL. Hard to understand how subtracting Bedard is a good move.

However...If Hendry is able to work the Roberts deal with his old boss...that would be a major addition for the Cubs. A true leadoff hitter and solid 2B...would allow Piniella to use DeRosa as his true utility guy...

Do you think Roberts gets traded?

Yes I am brother! it's good to see you too!

I believe Roberts will be dealt still, no sense keeping him now that Bedard is gone, may as well go with an entire team of prospects:rolleyes:

I have no clue what Balto has been doing since 1998:+clueless

I hated the Bedard trade, will never understand the logic of trading a player like that, how long did it take Baltimore to develop an ace, Mussina was the last one!

TonyMar

EOG Dedicated

Yes I am brother! it's good to see you too!

I believe Roberts will be dealt still, no sense keeping him now that Bedard is gone, may as well go with an entire team of prospects:rolleyes:

I have no clue what Balto has been doing since 1998:+clueless

I hated the Bedard trade, will never understand the logic of trading a player like that, how long did it take Baltimore to develop an ace, Mussina was the last one!

Agree with you 100% on Bedard...

Adam Jones "could be" a solid OF...but McFAIL dealing their ace for him and the rest of those prospects was terrible.

If Seattle wins the West...they can thank the O's.

Then again...maybe Cabrera finally gets some command... stops walking guys and wins 16-18 games...:+excited-

jacksorbetter

EOG Dedicated

Once again, why keep Bedard for the next two years and go 70-92? Bedard is a great pitcher but he will not be around to help the O's win in a few years. The O's got great talent back from seattle. Most baseball execs that have spoken think McPhail did great. Jones will soon be an all-star and will be for many years. Sherrill is their closer for now but will be traded for more young guys. Tilman is projected as a #2 or 3 starter within the next two years. Micolio and Butler both are young pitchers that throw mid 90's.

Roberts will not be traded to the Cubs for the crap they are offering. Pie will have to be included for the O's to bite on that trade. Murton, Gallagher and Cedeno will not get it done.

McPhail has done a great job so far. The O's will be terrible this year but two years down the road they have a shot. They have some great arms in Double A and Wieters will be a superstar catcher/1B. When those guys are ready in two years, Bedard would be gone with nothing to show for him.

TonyMar

EOG Dedicated

IMO...Andy has alot to prove.

He passed on Jim Thome because he said Choi was going to be a star...and the Cubs 1B for a decade.:LMAO

BTW...from what was reported in Chicago...Marshall was included in the rumored Roberts deal too.

Journeyman

EOG Master

Jack I hear you but at some point you have to stop rebuilding...aces and pitchers are not something the O's have had in common for many years...so everytime your team isn't ready you just unload and try again, just seems goofy to me.

IF none of these players turn out, and I mean one has to become all star calibur for this to work out.

Price was so used up at Vanderbilt, a lot like that kid from LSU, Ben was his first name. Unless the Rays really take it easy with this kid early, he will be another wasted draft pick.