Tool's Pitt vs. Marquette Analasys

tool21

EOG Dedicated
First i'll start off with my own personal lines.

Pittsburgh 133
Marquette -6

These teams are evenly matched if you look at overall stats on every game they've played this year. But with the situation these teams are in one aspect rises above the rest. Pitt doesn't play well on the road. With a 4-4 away record losing to Connecticut, Cincinnati, Villanova and Dayton it's no lie that they struggle. Their only lose out of those games should have been against Connecticut (the better team). Bottom line they haven't beat anyone impressive on the road. Nobody worthy of being ranked atleast. Marquette is 12-1 at home so try and tell me they play bad there. They as well haven't had too much competition at home besides Notre Dame which is a BETTER team than them and they beat the shit outa them 92-66. They play WELL at home while Pitt is just average on the road. Because of the circumstances that these teams statistically overall match up just about the same it's hard to pull the trigger on Marquette -5 especially when the line opened at -4. This very well could be a close game but Marquette should get the W in the end. Will it by 5?? I think they win by 6. You could even factor in the injuries Pitt has had in the past and give Marquette even more. In the future i will have to incorporate something that shows game by game stats so that i can monitor upward and downward trends of a teams performance. But for tonight i'll probably load up on the Marquette ML since the line has moved against me for betting the spread. I don't think they lose this game and they have a better chance of covering than Pitt. But with a game opening at -4 you have to think it goes down to the wire. Marquette has the better free throw shooting and they win this game.

Final score:

Pittsburgh 64
Marquette 70

mildavid

EOG Member
Re: Tool's Pitt vs. Marquette Analasys

thanx for the write up...........made me feel better about my ML bet, which should cover my -5 bet if it loses, but me having bet the over are you telling me I may not be able to feed my fish next week....LOL I see 82-71....

ty for the insight...

mildavid

tool21

EOG Dedicated

thanx for the write up...........made me feel better about my ML bet, which should cover my -5 bet if it loses, but me having bet the over are you telling me I may not be able to feed my fish next week....LOL I see 82-71....

ty for the insight...

mildavid

These two teams are WELL above average on the defensive side of the ball. Also Pitt struggles scoring points on the road so their defense will have to step it up to keep this game close. I think the under is a better bet than the over IMO.

tool21

EOG Dedicated

Adding at the half under 72 (-105)

Pre tip books had this game capped at 68.25 pts per half. That was high. I had this game capped at 66.5 pts per half. At half time they have this game at 72 both higher than their original guess and way higher than mine. I wanted to play the under pre trip but couldn't pull the trigger (should have). So i'll do it at half for 25% of the moneyline wager to win value.

tool21

EOG Dedicated

2-0 on the night. Enjoy those W's

:cheers:cheers:cheers