Reload's NBA "Money Never Sleeps" Afternoon Game of the Month! On ABC! (10-7-1,+2.57)

Reload's NBA "Money Never Sleeps" Afternoon Game of the Month! Live on ABC!
(NBA Record: 10-7-1, +2.57)
Phoenix Suns minus 1.5 points against the Detroit Pistons
(-110 Oddsmaker.com: Remember to use the code EOG100 at Oddsmaker.com for a nice bonus only for EOG'ers!)

My reload-ers and I collected again last night in my NBA Western Conference "Shoot Your Load" Game of Month as the San Antonio Spurs covered against the New Orleans Hornets! Today we look for the action to stay hot and end the week off with one last winner. And it's live on ABC, reload-ers!

For the first time on EOG, I am featuring my NBA "Money Never Sleeps" Afternoon Game of the Month on Sunday! You have to get up early on Sunday's to beat your bookmaker and it's no exception for my reload-ers and I. So take that stroll down to Moneygram today and get your reloads in while you buy the Sunday paper. In fact, Oddsmaker.com is offering an extra 20% bonus on all Moneygram deposits for a limited time and remember to also mention the code EOG100 for even more free money!

In my NBA "Money Never Sleeps" Afternoon Game of the Month live on ABC, my reload-ers and I are taking the Phoenix Suns minus 1.5 points against the Detroit Pistons! This game tips at 2:30pm ET and that means 11:30am Pacfic time for all the west coast reload-ers out there.

The Detroit Pistons come into this one off a blowout win against the Milwaukee Bucks but they will face a step up in class against Phoenix today. Detroit has played some inconsistent basketball as of late and continues being overrated in the pointspreads by the oddsmakers. Prior to the win against the Bucks, they dropped two straight and also have failed to cash in 5 of their last 8 games against the spread. Their last three covers came only in spots where the Pistons were favored by double digits and it's a much different spot being out in Phoenix and facing one of the league's best teams on the road. The defense of the Pistons has also not been up to its usual dominance as they have given up an average of 95 points a game in their last five games compared to their overall season average of 90 points per game. The Piston defense also has given up more points per game on the road than at home this season and the defense could be even that much softer with a spot like this in Phoenix today as a road trip begins.

The Phoenix Suns have had some revitalization thanks to Shaquille O'Neal coming to town and have dominated the rebounding battle in their first two games with Shaq in the lineup. Detroit is usually use to winning the rebounding battle in their games but the Suns will have something to say about that today. Even before Shaq arrived, Phoenix was one of the top five teams in the league for defensive rebounds and it can only stay better from here. Phoenix is also off an impressive defensive effort against the Celtics on Friday night as they held one of the league's best offenses to only 77 points. While a lot of the attention for Phoenix has been on Shaq, I feel the rest of the Suns have been rejuvenated and are stepping up. In the Suns loss to the Lakers two games ago, Steve Nash scored 26 points which was his highest total in the past month (leaving out one overtime game). Amare Stoudemire also had one of his top scoring performances and rebound totals of the season against the Lakers despite the loss. And has anyone forgot that Grant Hill is on the Suns? How about two double-double's from him since Shaq made his way into the lineup?

The line favoring the Phoenix Suns by 1.5 here is just too low in my opinion. Especially after an impressive win against the Celtics on ESPN, I would have expected a higher line in this one and a bigger premium to take Phoenix. But perhaps we get value thanks to Phoenix not having lit up the scoreboard in that game, and rather did it more quietly with defense. Kind of like a team called the Detroit Pistons might usually do. The Pistons have won in their last two visits to Phoenix but this is a different Suns team who can outhustle and outrebound the Pistons unlike before. I also patiently waited for the line to drop to -1.5 instead of -2 and that helps for value here as well.

Get your reloads in and take the Phoenix Suns minus the points! My NBA "Money Never Sleeps" Afternoon Game of the Month! Live on ABC!

Re: Reload's NBA "Money Never Sleeps" Afternoon Game of the Month! On ABC! (10-7-1,+2.57)

Got it today--GL--Get on a Rolllllllllllllllllllllllll:cheers

Re: Reload's NBA "Money Never Sleeps" Afternoon Game of the Month! On ABC! (10-7-1,+2.57)

Got it today--GL--Get on a Rolllllllllllllllllllllllll:cheers

Thanks, Hoganknows! Whatchaaaaa gonnnnnnaa do Pistons when Shaq and the Suns run wild on youuuu!

:cheers

WYM

EOG Dedicated

good luck

Well looks like the "Reload steam" has pushed the line up to -3 at some books now. I have to give the disclaimer here at this point that going from -1.5 to -3 is a lot of lost value to all out there. I'd say if you still want to bet the Suns -3, I'd suggest betting less than normal. The under might actually be worth looking at more instead as another thought.

Good luck!

tool21

EOG Dedicated

On Pho as well Reload. Since the spread has moved so much there is more value in betting the ML for Phoenix with the line at -3. I got it at -145

On Pho as well Reload. Since the spread has moved so much there is more value in betting the ML for Phoenix with the line at -3. I got it at -145

Yes, I'd say there's a slight better edge with the -145 ML considering we're talking numbers like 2 and 3 being included. Good luck tool!

:cheers

Sorry Reload, staying out of your thread--I'm a jinx--Pro BB not my gig anyway--PHX players must have bet on Det today. Not watching, just saw a score:(

Sorry Reload, staying out of your thread--I'm a jinx--Pro BB not my gig anyway--PHX players must have bet on Det today. Not watching, just saw a score:(

That's alright, Hoganknows. Just a real good day for the Pistons. At least it was overwith quick.

:hung

iLoViK

EOG Addicted

Sorry to come in Reload, but pretty much all your statements for the suns, you could turnn around and make them in favor of detroit. Was really hard to predict this game, in my opinion should have been equal line for both teams

Sorry to come in Reload, but pretty much all your statements for the suns, you could turnn around and make them in favor of detroit. Was really hard to predict this game, in my opinion should have been equal line for both teams

Yeah, Detroit was sharper in this game than I thought they would be. Not sure how it will go for them in Denver tomorrow though.

:+clueless

iLoViK

EOG Addicted

Denver is a tough place because of the altitude, but denver has outright sucked this season, so i believe it is a skip, the game i have circled is at utah on the 27th, i believe they will have a let down, will be profitable to take utah on the moneyline

MjfTheGeniusII

EOG Senior Member

Reload how did you come up with the oddsmakers overating the Pistons when they have been one of the best teams ATS all year. Just wondering...

Reload how did you come up with the oddsmakers overating the Pistons when they have been one of the best teams ATS all year. Just wondering...
I guess the same reason you thought Tennessee was overrated last night:+textinb3

MjfTheGeniusII

EOG Senior Member

I guess the same reason you thought Tennessee was overrated last night:+textinb3

Hey buddy I never said tennessee is overrated, what I said was it seemed too easy to take them last night getting 7 I thought it was a trap. But now that you mentioned it both of those teams are overrated and neither of them will make the final four, I really hope i am wrong saying that about tennesee because I love Bruce pearl as a coach. I will give my opinion alot and sometimes it will be right and and others it will not but unlike reload I know my facts and the fact is the Pistons are a top 5 ATS team this year so how can the oddsmakers over-rate them, if anything that means they are under-rating them.

MjfTheGeniusII

EOG Senior Member

I don't want to start a huge internet fight here I am just reminding my buddy reload to check out the facts because many people listen to what you say. GL on your next pick

Last 8 games before today for the Pistons...

<TABLE class=data cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2><TBODY><TR><TD class=datacell>02/22/08</TD><TD class=datacell>MIL </TD><TD class=datacell>W 127-100 </TD><TD class=datacell>W -12.5</TD><TD class=datacell>O 190.5</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datacell>02/20/08</TD><TD class=datacell>@MIL </TD><TD class=datacell>L 98-103 </TD><TD class=datacell>L -6.5</TD><TD class=datacell>O 186</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datacell>02/19/08</TD><TD class=datacell>ORL </TD><TD class=datacell>L 85-103 </TD><TD class=datacell>L -6.5</TD><TD class=datacell>U 195</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datacell>02/13/08</TD><TD class=datacell>IND </TD><TD class=datacell>W 96-80 </TD><TD class=datacell>W -10.5</TD><TD class=datacell>U 198</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datacell>02/12/08</TD><TD class=datacell>@ATL </TD><TD class=datacell>W 94-90 </TD><TD class=datacell>L -5</TD><TD class=datacell>O 183.5</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datacell>02/10/08</TD><TD class=datacell>CHAR </TD><TD class=datacell>W 113-87 </TD><TD class=datacell>W -12</TD><TD class=datacell>O 188</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datacell>02/08/08</TD><TD class=datacell>POR </TD><TD class=datacell>W 91-82 </TD><TD class=datacell>L -11.5</TD><TD class=datacell>U 179.5</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datacell>02/06/08</TD><TD class=datacell>MIA </TD><TD class=datacell>W 100-95 </TD><TD class=datacell>L -16</TD><TD class=datacell>O 186.5</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

MjfTheGeniusII

EOG Senior Member

Last 8 games before today for the Pistons...

<TABLE class=data cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2><TBODY><TR><TD class=datacell>02/22/08</TD><TD class=datacell>MIL </TD><TD class=datacell>W 127-100 </TD><TD class=datacell>W -12.5</TD><TD class=datacell>O 190.5</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datacell>02/20/08</TD><TD class=datacell>@MIL </TD><TD class=datacell>L 98-103 </TD><TD class=datacell>L -6.5</TD><TD class=datacell>O 186</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datacell>02/19/08</TD><TD class=datacell>ORL </TD><TD class=datacell>L 85-103 </TD><TD class=datacell>L -6.5</TD><TD class=datacell>U 195</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datacell>02/13/08</TD><TD class=datacell>IND </TD><TD class=datacell>W 96-80 </TD><TD class=datacell>W -10.5</TD><TD class=datacell>U 198</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datacell>02/12/08</TD><TD class=datacell>@ATL </TD><TD class=datacell>W 94-90 </TD><TD class=datacell>L -5</TD><TD class=datacell>O 183.5</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datacell>02/10/08</TD><TD class=datacell>CHAR </TD><TD class=datacell>W 113-87 </TD><TD class=datacell>W -12</TD><TD class=datacell>O 188</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datacell>02/08/08</TD><TD class=datacell>POR </TD><TD class=datacell>W 91-82 </TD><TD class=datacell>L -11.5</TD><TD class=datacell>U 179.5</TD></TR><TR><TD class=datacell>02/06/08</TD><TD class=datacell>MIA </TD><TD class=datacell>W 100-95 </TD><TD class=datacell>L -16</TD><TD class=datacell>O 186.5</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

That is fine but but they are still a top 5 team ATS int he NBA even after all of that. C'mon what did you expect the line should have been in this game Suns -10?

MjfTheGeniusII

EOG Senior Member

and you also mention the Suns would outrebound the pistons, that does not even happen in Mike Dntonis dreams.

That is fine but but they are still a top 5 team ATS int he NBA even after all of that. C'mon what did you expect the line should have been in this game Suns -10?

Being a top 5 ATS team for the whole season does not mean much at this point. I am not sure how far back means something vs not meaning something, so it's subjective on how far back to go. But not covering in their last two road games and not covering in 5 out of their last 8 road games tells me they have been overvalued.

I did expect the line to be higher here. At least Suns -4. A line in the NBA does not have to be off by much to make it playable. At a minimum, I would have expected them to be favored by more against Detroit than against the LA Lakers the other night.

and you also mention the Suns would outrebound the pistons, that does not even happen in Mike Dntonis dreams.

It's really easy to put it your way after the fact. And once a game is a 30 point blowout, all bets are off on stats of any sort. We all know that.

Anyone who has never bet a game where their team lost by 30 points has not been gambling long enough. It happens and it's obvious the Pistons were the better team today.

MjfTheGeniusII

EOG Senior Member

It's really easy to put it your way after the fact. And once a game is a 30 point blowout, all bets are off on stats of any sort. We all know that.

Anyone who has never bet a game where their team lost by 30 points has not been gambling long enough. It happens and it's obvious the Pistons were the better team today.

No pistons are the better team, not just today.

No pistons are the better team, not just today.

If they lost today, would you still have said that? And what about the spot of the game? Phoenix has been home since play resumed after the break but for the Pistons, this was the 4th different arena since then. Even if the visiting team is equal or better than the home team, the spot can matter a lot sometimes also.

MjfTheGeniusII

EOG Senior Member

If they lost today, would you still have said that? And what about the spot of the game? Phoenix has been home since play resumed after the break but for the Pistons, this was the 4th different arena since then. Even if the visiting team is equal or better than the home team, the spot can matter a lot sometimes also.

Yes I would have said that if they lost today, with marion the Suns were an elite team now they are not. Pistons are playing in the finals and no doubt about it. I been saying that before the season started.

What is your point with the arena thing? Yea the Suns are on a homestand so what?

Yes I would have said that if they lost today, with marion the Suns were an elite team now they are not. Pistons are playing in the finals and no doubt about it. I been saying that before the season started.

What is your point with the arena thing? Yea the Suns are on a homestand so what?

What value would you put on a team with a long homestand against a team playing in their 4th arena in 6 days? Is it not worth anything?

And would you even have posted at all in this thread if the Suns won by 30 today instead of the Pistons?

Well said--Hell, we just lost--today another day :cheers

MjfTheGeniusII

EOG Senior Member

What value would you put on a team with a long homestand against a team playing in their 4th arena in 6 days? Is it not worth anything?

And would you even have posted at all in this thread if the Suns won by 30 today instead of the Pistons?

I never said I had a problem with your play, I said I had a problem with your write up that was unfactual. I thought the game could have gone either way. yes the Suns were on the homestand but the Pistons were not playing well and that does not last long with Pistons teams.

I never said I had a problem with your play, I said I had a problem with your write up that was unfactual. I thought the game could have gone either way. yes the Suns were on the homestand but the Pistons were not playing well and that does not last long with Pistons teams.

I don't feel it was unfactual. What was unfactual about this?....

Detroit has played some inconsistent basketball as of late and continues being overrated in the pointspreads by the oddsmakers. Prior to the win against the Bucks, they dropped two straight and also have failed to cash in 5 of their last 8 games against the spread. Their last three covers came only in spots where the Pistons were favored by double digits and it's a much different spot being out in Phoenix and facing one of the league's best teams on the road.

???

MjfTheGeniusII

EOG Senior Member

I don't feel it was unfactual. What was unfactual about this?....

Detroit has played some inconsistent basketball as of late and continues being overrated in the pointspreads by the oddsmakers. Prior to the win against the Bucks, they dropped two straight and also have failed to cash in 5 of their last 8 games against the spread. Their last three covers came only in spots where the Pistons were favored by double digits and it's a much different spot being out in Phoenix and facing one of the league's best teams on the road.

???

Well I agree with the oddsmakers, if you think you are smarter then them then so be it.:LMAO