Anyone See Free Money Here?

<TABLE style="BORDER-RIGHT: #c4c7d0 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #c4c7d0 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #c4c7d0 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #c4c7d0 1px solid" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="98%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=7><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=TableHead-OFF vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff><TD style="PADDING-TOP: 2px" width="100%" background=http://oddsmaker.com/products/images/odds_title_bg.gif>
2008 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION - WINNER:
</TD><TD width=1> </TD><TD style="PADDING-TOP: 2px" noWrap align=right background=http://oddsmaker.com/products/images/odds_date_bg.gif>2008-02-29 09:0 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=7><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=TableBodyAlt-OFF bgColor=#ffffff><TD class=TableBodyAlt-OFF> </TD><TD class=TableBodyAlt-OFF> </TD><TD class=TableBodyAlt-OFF>Spread</TD><TD class=TableBodyAlt-OFF width="5%"> </TD><TD class=TableBodyAlt-OFF>Price</TD><TD class=TableBodyAlt-OFF width="8%"> </TD><TD class=TableBodyAlt-OFF> </TD><TD class=TableBodyAlt-OFF> </TD><TD class=TableBodyAlt-OFF> </TD><TD class=TableBodyAlt-OFF>Spread</TD><TD class=TableBodyAlt-OFF width="5%"> </TD><TD class=TableBodyAlt-OFF>Price</TD><TD class=TableBodyAlt-OFF> </TD><TR><TD class=TableHead colSpan=18> </TD></TR><TR class=TableBody><TD class=TableBody width="30%">
HILLARY CLINTON​
</TD><TD class=TableBody> </TD><TD class=TableBody>0</TD><TD class=TableBody> </TD><TD class=TableBody>
+500​
</TD><TD class=TableBody align=middle> </TD><TD class=TableBody> </TD><TD class=TableBody width="30%">
BARACK OBAMA​
</TD><TD class=TableBody> </TD><TD class=TableBody>0</TD><TD class=TableBody> </TD><TD class=TableBody>
-125​
</TD><TD class=TableBody align=middle> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=TableHead colSpan=18 height=1> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=TableHead colSpan=18> </TD></TR><TR class=TableBody><TD class=TableBody width="30%">
JOHN MCCAIN​
+150​
</TD><TD class=TableBody align=middle> </TD><TD class=TableBody> </TD><TD class=TableBody width="30%">
MITT ROMNEY​
+0​
</TD><TD class=TableBody align=middle>Off </TD></TR><TR><TD class=TableHead colSpan=18 height=1> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=TableHead colSpan=18> </TD></TR><TR class=TableBody><TD class=TableBody width="30%">
MIKE HUCKABEE​
+7,500​
RON PAUL​
+8,000​
</TD><TD class=TableBody align=middle> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=TableHead colSpan=18 height=1> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=TableHead colSpan=18> </TD></TR><TR class=TableBody><TD class=TableBody width="30%">
THE FIELD​
+1,800​
</TD><TD class=TableBody align=middle> </TD><TD class=TableBody> </TD><TD class=TableBody colSpan=5> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=TableHead colSpan=18 height=1> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Re: Anyone See Free Money Here?

Here's the play:

<TABLE borderColor=black cellSpacing=0 border=0><BIG><TBODY><TR><TD align=left><BIG>Bet 1: (McCain)</BIG></TD><TD align=right><BIG> $720.00</BIG></TD><TD align=left> @ +150</TD></TR><TR><TD align=left><BIG>Bet 2: (Obama)</BIG></TD><TD align=right><BIG> $1,000.00</BIG></TD><TD align=left> @ -125</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE borderColor=black><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2> </TD></TR><TR><TD align=left><BIG>Total Investment: </BIG></TD><TD align=right><BIG> $1,720.00</BIG></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2> </TD></TR><TR><TD align=left><BIG>Total Return:</BIG></TD><TD align=right><BIG>$1,800.00</BIG></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2> </TD></TR><TR><TD align=left><BIG>Total Profit:</BIG></TD><TD align=right><BIG>$80</BIG></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2> </TD></TR><TR><TD align=left><BIG>ROI:</BIG></TD><TD align=right><BIG>4.65%</BIG></TD></TR></BIG><TR><TD colSpan=2> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

dirty

EOG Master

Once anybody mentions "free money" in connection with gambling, you're doomed.

How do you figure... he makes $80 No matter how you slice it and that is a Profit last time I checked :+clueless

Halifax

EOG Senior Member

Here's the play:

<TABLE borderColor=black cellSpacing=0 border=0><BIG><TBODY><TR><TD align=left><BIG>Bet 1: (McCain)</BIG></TD><TD align=right><BIG>$720.00</BIG></TD><TD align=left>@ +150</TD></TR><TR><TD align=left><BIG>Bet 2: (Obama)</BIG></TD><TD align=right><BIG>$1,000.00</BIG></TD><TD align=left>@ -125</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE borderColor=black><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR><TD align=left><BIG>Total Investment: </BIG></TD><TD align=right><BIG>$1,720.00</BIG></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR><TD align=left><BIG>Total Return:</BIG></TD><TD align=right><BIG>$1,800.00</BIG></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR><TD align=left><BIG>Total Profit:</BIG></TD><TD align=right><BIG>$80</BIG></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR><TD align=left><BIG>ROI:</BIG></TD><TD align=right><BIG>4.65%</BIG></TD></TR></BIG><TR><TD colSpan=2></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

-125 = Good Line on Obama

+150 = Lousy Line on McCain / Repubs .... should be able to get close to +200 on that side of the bet with some looking, +180 without looking much

Well, as a math problem, I guess it's the right answer.

But the question is:

1) If you are the average EOG poster why are you tying up $1720 for nine months to make $80?

2) And if you are rich beyond compare, why would you do this for $80?

Fine. Do it.

You can't make it up.

Jimmy, before I read down to your bet I was going to mention this scenerio. I didnt do the math but I appreciate you sharing! Looks like free money to me.

I might just take a chance on McCain pullin through.

Have you seen a future for Dem Candidate and Rep Candidate. Im sure the odds are terrible for Obama and McCain tho. Prob -550 to -800??

dirty

EOG Master

I know the whore is a long shot but free money?

She has no shot... I watched the debate last night and Obama made her look like a Idiot....

I might just take a chance on McCain pullin through.

Have you seen a future for Dem Candidate and Rep Candidate. Im sure the odds are terrible for Obama and McCain tho. Prob -550 to -800??

McCain better become a better Public speaker.. Obama will run Circles around him in a Debate....

never a free shot when you're tying your cash up offshore for that long. Hell, online savings accounts are paying just about that much and they're federally insured.

terrible idea.

PSUONE

EOG Veteran

Well...... wouldnt you guys just max bet Obama at -265ish for Dem at all the books?

U.S.A. ELECTIONS
U.S.A. ELECTIONS - Mar 04

DEMOCRATIC TEXAS PRIMARIE - WINNER
3 /04 /0812:00 AM

BARACK OBAMA

HILARY CLINTON

+215

THE FIELD

+2400

DEMOCRATIC OHIO PRIMARIE - WINNER

BARACK OBAMA

HILARY CLINTON

THE FIELD

+3000

2008 U.S.A ELECTIONS

PARTY TO WIN THE PRESIDENCY

REPUBLICAN PARTY

+125

DEMOCRATIC PARTY

ANY OTHER PARTY

+3000

2008 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION -WINNER

HILLARY CLINTON

+600

BARACK OBAMA

JOHN MCCAIN

+115

THE FIELD

+7750

The Prophet

EOG Dedicated

Originally Posted by Jimmy Hoffa
Here's the play:

Bet 1: (McCain) $720.00 @ +150
Bet 2: (Obama) $1,000.00 @ -125

Total Investment: $1,720.00

Total Return: $1,800.00

Total Profit: $80

ROI: 4.65%

JEFF JONES: Well, as a math problem, I guess it's the right answer.

But the question is:

1) If you are the average EOG poster why are you tying up $1720 for nine months to make $80?

2) And if you are rich beyond compare, why would you do this for $80?

Fine. Do it.

You can't make it up.

HOFFA: I'm not.

JEFF JONES: Below average is respected as well.

:LMAO :LMAO :LMAO :LMAO :LMAO :LMAO :LMAO :LMAO

I THINK I JUST SPILT SOMETHING...:LMAO :+signs8-3

BUT DOES IT OUT DUEL THE DSETHI DEAL? :+paranoid

:+textinb3

munson15

I want winners...

Here's the play:

<TABLE borderColor=black cellSpacing=0 border=0><BIG><TBODY><TR><TD align=left><BIG>Bet 1: (McCain)</BIG></TD><TD align=right><BIG>$720.00</BIG></TD><TD align=left>@ +150</TD></TR><TR><TD align=left><BIG>Bet 2: (Obama)</BIG></TD><TD align=right><BIG>$1,000.00</BIG></TD><TD align=left>@ -125</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE borderColor=black><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR><TD align=left><BIG>Total Investment: </BIG></TD><TD align=right><BIG>$1,720.00</BIG></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR><TD align=left><BIG>Total Return:</BIG></TD><TD align=right><BIG>$1,800.00</BIG></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR><TD align=left><BIG>Total Profit:</BIG></TD><TD align=right><BIG>$80</BIG></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR><TD align=left><BIG>ROI:</BIG></TD><TD align=right><BIG>4.65%</BIG></TD></TR></BIG><TR><TD colSpan=2></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
I love it, like buying a 9 month CD. With interest rates as low as they are, that's a fine ROI. I'm guessing you don't have access to the better lines that are available on McCain. Congrats, Jimmy.

It puzzles me how guys can equate tying your money up at oddsmaker for 9 months to a cd.

Way too much risk for the extra $15 for me.

The appeal here is that the scalp is at the same book rather than scalping across 2 platforms.

I'm not a huge expert on betting elections but over the years I've noticed it's best to wait for the national conventions. During the Democratic convention, the Democrats look real strong and the odds get jacked that way so bet Republican then. Same thing for the Republican convention - that's when to get the best odds for the Democratic party candidate.

munson15

I want winners...

It puzzles me how guys can equate tying your money up at oddsmaker for 9 months to a cd.

Way too much risk for the extra $15 for me.
If you can't trust the most solid books then you shouldn't have any money offshore. If you do, then the ROI is better than a CD, that's all I'm saying.

If you are saying that oddsmaker is a risky place, then you may have a point. I didn't notice the book he played it at, and I don't know a lot about them.

Would you feel differently if he had placed the action at 5dimes, Matchbook or the like?

It's good general advice to only bet elections that are a while away at only the most solid books. A lot can happen with weaker books, especially during this time of year. They could get killed with March Madness, baseball, etc. and await football to bail them out in the fall which it may or may not do. Some books might also jerk people around and wait until the inauguration to pay up on elections while more solid places will pay the day after election night. Like any other "future" sorts of bets, just be a little careful.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!

Here's the play:

<big></big><table border="0" bordercolor="black" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td align="left"><big>Bet 1: (McCain)</big></td><td align="right"><big> $720.00</big></td><td align="left"> @ +150</td></tr><tr><td align="left"><big>Bet 2: (Obama)</big></td><td align="right"><big> $1,000.00</big></td><td align="left"> @ -125</td></tr></tbody></table><table bordercolor="black"><tbody><tr><td colspan="2"> </td></tr><tr><td align="left"><big>Total Investment: </big></td><td align="right"><big> $1,720.00</big></td></tr><tr><td colspan="2"> </td></tr><tr><td align="left"><big>Total Return:</big></td><td align="right"><big>$1,800.00</big></td></tr><tr><td colspan="2"> </td></tr><tr><td align="left"><big>Total Profit:</big></td><td align="right"><big>$80</big></td></tr><tr><td colspan="2"> </td></tr><tr><td align="left"><big>ROI:</big></td><td align="right"><big>4.65%</big></td></tr><tr><td colspan="2"> </td></tr></tbody></table>
Or you could just bet the NO on Hillary and lay about 10 to 1 that she doesnt get in as apposed to 20-1 here.

Woody

EOG Veteran

She has no shot... I watched the debate last night and Obama made her look like a Idiot....

I just edited your leading sentence to more correctly reflect the situation.

"She has no shot... I watched the debate last night and she looked like an Idiot...."

BTW: Anyone see the Jon Stewart bit, it was enough for me.

dirty

EOG Master

You are correct Woody... Obama did make her look like a Idiot

What a difference a day makes...

<TABLE style="BORDER-RIGHT: #c4c7d0 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #c4c7d0 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #c4c7d0 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #c4c7d0 1px solid" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="98%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=7><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=TableHead-OFF vAlign=top bgColor=#ffffff><TD style="PADDING-TOP: 2px" width="100%" background=http://oddsmaker.com/products/images/odds_title_bg.gif>
2008 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION - WINNER:
</TD><TD width=1> </TD><TD style="PADDING-TOP: 2px" noWrap align=right background=http://oddsmaker.com/products/images/odds_date_bg.gif>2008-02-29 09:0 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=7><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=TableBodyAlt-OFF bgColor=#ffffff><TD class=TableBodyAlt-OFF> </TD><TD class=TableBodyAlt-OFF> </TD><TD class=TableBodyAlt-OFF>Spread</TD><TD class=TableBodyAlt-OFF width="5%"> </TD><TD class=TableBodyAlt-OFF>Price</TD><TD class=TableBodyAlt-OFF width="8%"> </TD><TD class=TableBodyAlt-OFF> </TD><TD class=TableBodyAlt-OFF> </TD><TD class=TableBodyAlt-OFF> </TD><TD class=TableBodyAlt-OFF>Spread</TD><TD class=TableBodyAlt-OFF width="5%"> </TD><TD class=TableBodyAlt-OFF>Price</TD><TD class=TableBodyAlt-OFF> </TD><TR><TD class=TableHead colSpan=18> </TD></TR><TR class=TableBody><TD class=TableBody width="30%">
HILLARY CLINTON​
+550​
BARACK OBAMA​
-170​
JOHN MCCAIN​
+150​
MITT ROMNEY​
+0​
</TD><TD class=TableBody align=middle>Off </TD></TR><TR><TD class=TableHead colSpan=18 height=1> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=TableHead colSpan=18> </TD></TR><TR class=TableBody><TD class=TableBody width="30%">
MIKE HUCKABEE​
+7,500​
RON PAUL​
+8,000​
THE FIELD​
+1,700​
</TD><TD class=TableBody align=middle> </TD><TD class=TableBody> </TD><TD class=TableBody colSpan=5> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=TableHead colSpan=18 height=1> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

:houra :houra :houra :houra :houra :houra :houra :houra :houra :houra :houra