CAPITOL PUNISHMENT

The Devil

EOG Master
WHAT SHOULD WE DO WITH ALL THESE PEOPLE ON DEATH ROW???

CAPITOL PUNISHMENT........FOR OR AGAINST......

ME......I AM FOR IT..........LETS STERILIZE SOME NEEDLES AND SAVE SOME TAXPAYERS MONEY........

The Devil

EOG Master
Re: CAPITOL PUNISHMENT

JAILS ARE TOO OVERCROWDED.........SO WE MAKE A FEW MISTAKES....SHIT HAPPENS..........

i don't know what i think..but if you kill someone and they have your dna,confession,ten mile criminal record..then i have no problem...

also if you hurt little kids or rape woman...no problem...

i do have problem with anyone getting the death penalty on shacky ass evidence...and it happens.
i am not a cop basher, but these guys will say whatever the are told by a d.a. and i have seen it first hand! same with expert witnesses..all crap..it's all about who is paying them..

If you can guarantee that you have the right guy, the crime is heinous enough, and the DP is applied fairly (regardless of race and geography), I'm for it. However, our criminal justice system is a construct of humans, thus it has built-in imperfections.
Moreover, statistics show that the DP is assessed disproportionately against blacks and hispanics. Finally, a capital murder committed in Los Angeles is much less likely to garner a DP than one that is committed in DP central (Houston). Because we can't always guarantee that we have the right guy, and because the DP is NOT applied fairly, I guess I'm out. . . .

I do think we should be tougher on some criminals (such as molesters, violent offenders, ect) none of this "sentence to 20 years and they get out in 5 or 7 years" BS.

And also more lenient on the guy who gets caught with some weed in his car or house or a 1st time offender who makes a lesser mistake and ends up doing as much or MORE time than a rapist or molester

I am against the death penalty though, as I believe that it should be up God instead of man to decide when somebody dies

that said, I DO NOT feel sorrow when a vicious murderer or rapist gets the electric chair, needle, or gas chamber, so you won't ever see me at the prison as part of the candlelight vigil for the condemned

If you can guarantee that you have the right guy, the crime is heinous enough, and the DP is applied fairly (regardless of race and geography), I'm for it. However, our criminal justice system is a construct of humans, thus it has built-in imperfections.
Moreover, statistics show that the DP is assessed disproportionately against blacks and hispanics. Finally, a capital murder committed in Los Angeles is much less likely to garner a DP than one that is committed in DP central (Houston). Because we can't always guarantee that we have the right guy, and because the DP is NOT applied fairly, I guess I'm out. . . .

I feel the same way. I don't have a moral opposition to the idea in some cases, but the way it's applied in our justice system has not been acceptable so I am against it.

Rxx

EOG Veteran

JAILS ARE TOO OVERCROWDED.........SO WE MAKE A FEW MISTAKES....SHIT HAPPENS..........

was this a joke? i mean, if it was your kid that would be ok?

sorry, death initiated by the state is never ok.

The Devil

EOG Master

was this a joke? i mean, if it was your kid that would be ok?

sorry, death initiated by the state is never ok.

DOUBT MY KIDS WOULD BE STUPID ENOUGH TO MURDER SOMEONE..........BUT NO IT WASN'T A JOKE...........

FIRM BELIEVER THERE WOULD BE LESS MURDERERS WITH MORE PUBLIC EXECUTIONS................