Report: LSU has contacted Floyd about vacancy

dirty

EOG Master
<table border="0" cellpadding="10" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr valign="top"><td colspan="2">FOXSports.com

Updated: March 11, 2008, 10:12 AM EST Louisiana State has contacted USC basketball coach Tim Floyd about its vacancy, the Los Angeles Daily News reported.<fstl:edgeinclude source="/name/public/Topstoriesshort"></fstl:edgeinclude>
Floyd was off campus Monday afternoon and could not be reached for comment but previously denied he would be interested in LSU.
"I've said USC would be the last job I had," Floyd said last month. "I'm happy here."
Sources told the paper Floyd did not express interest in LSU, but he is a natural candidate for the job because he was living in Louisiana when USC hired him in 2005. Floyd is close with John Brady, who was fired by LSU in February, and said he would not want to follow him. But LSU remains interested, sources said.
Before coming to USC, Floyd coached the NBA's New Orleans Hornets and he has been successful recruiting Louisiana players for USC. Guard Marcus Simmons is from Alexandria, guard Dwight Lewis is from Metairie and forward Leonard Washington, who signed but did not qualify, is from Lake Charles.
This is not the first time a Southeastern Conference school has considered Floyd. Last spring, Arkansas expressed interest but Floyd declined the offer.
</td> </tr> <tr><td colspan="2">

</td></tr> <tr><td width="60%">Read this article at:
http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/7898748/Report:-LSU-has-contacted-Floyd-about-vacancy</td></tr></tbody></table>

djefferis

EOG Veteran
Re: Report: LSU has contacted Floyd about vacancy

LSU can get the recruits if they had the right guy..that much is certain. Thing is so can USC and Floyd said this was his last job. Dont see it happening, but I would look for a big name hire if they can pull it off..espc given the situation, you have a football school with minimal expectations from the hoops coach, a ton of $$ to go around and an alumni looking for more..