March Madness, there are 33 'first rd games' how many winners can you pick on avg?

Journeyman

EOG Master
75% is usually very good, and I am talking 'picking the winner', no spread.

How many can you pick?

I would bet if we had a contest (for fun) the winner would have no more than 26 right out of 33.

Re: March Madness, there are 33 'first rd games' how many winners can you pick on avg?

As bad as I am (supported by my 2-6 record last night) I would guess.....4. Gimme the four #1 seeds. All on the moneyline. Afterall, none have ever lost, right?

ShavenCoinpurse

EOG Dedicated
Re: March Madness, there are 33 'first rd games' how many winners can you pick on avg?

As bad as I am (supported by my 2-6 record last night) I would guess.....4. Gimme the four #1 seeds. All on the moneyline. Afterall, none have ever lost, right?

correct OSU.. Problem is, the ML on the #1 seeds are usually off the board or absolutely ridiculous.

ShavenCoinpurse

EOG Dedicated

75% is usually very good, and I am talking 'picking the winner', no spread.

How many can you pick?

I would bet if we had a contest (for fun) the winner would have no more than 26 right out of 33.

usually leaders in office pools after the first round have about 26-27 correct.

Journeyman

EOG Master

usually leaders in office pools after the first round have about 26-27 correct.

Yep that sounds about right, so lets see how it goes next week!

I would be surprised to see anyone beat that .

Journeyman

EOG Master

never lost!

Dsethi told me, to tell you, to put them all in a 4 teamer :+whipping

:houra

Finance

EOG Veteran

:LMAO :LMAO :LMAO :LMAO

The Great One

EOG Enthusiast

The way this year as gone as far as favs. winning, will be interesting to see how it all plays out. Seems in years when you expect the upsets, you get nothing and years like this where the favs. seem to have won ML all year, upsets may happen. Especially if Xavier gets a 2 seed like some are projecting. haha

I'd say on average, 26 of 33 games we'd get right. Of those, you have 5 games that are virtually 50/50 and require solid capping in the play in game and the four 8/9 match-ups plus 7/10's aren't far behind and you always have a 12 beating a 5.

The Great One

EOG Enthusiast

$1000 gets you $9.46.

Good luck.

Nah, it would prob be something like 1K for $85 or something like that. Probable the easiest $85 bucks you would make in your life. Throw your 2 favorite 2 seeds in there and you are at around $150 or so.

There are actually only 28 games on first round that you can count on picking as winners. You shouldn't count 1-16 match ups in your count because they never lost.

I usually pick right 20 out of 28 the first weekend, no spread included.

Nah, it would prob be something like 1K for $85 or something like that. Probable the easiest $85 bucks you would make in your life. Throw your 2 favorite 2 seeds in there and you are at around $150 or so.

Would you like to wager on who is closer?

Just a friendly "hat wager"?

Journeyman

EOG Master

There are actually only 28 games on first round that you can count on picking as winners. You shouldn't count 1-16 match ups in your count because they never lost.

I usually pick right 20 out of 28 the first weekend, no spread included.

so what, pick all 33....we all know #1 isn't going down, but it 'could' happen..it almost has happened, and will someday.

Id say 24 out of the 32 first round games that allows 2 wrong in each region.

The 64 vs 65 game on Tuesday is not consider a first round game it is called the opening round game with winner advancing to the first round and no bracket contest I play in even uses it they start with first round games
----------------------------------------------------------------
Here is this years schedule and sites

ESPN - Key Dates: 2008 NCAA Tournament - Men's College Basketball
Key Dates: 2008 NCAA Tournament

? Opening-Round Game
March 18, 2008 UD Arena (Dayton, Ohio)

? First and Second Round games
March 20, 22
Honda Center (Anaheim, Calif.)
Pepsi Center (Denver)
Qwest Center (Omaha, Neb.)
Verizon Center (Washington, D.C.)

March 21, 23
BJCC Arena (Birmingham, Ala.)
Alltel Arena (Little Rock, Ark.)
RBC Center (Raleigh, N.C.)
St. Pete Times Forum (Tampa, Fla.)

? East Regional
March 27, 29
Charlotte Bobcats Arena (Charlotte, N.C.)

? West Regional
March 27, 29
US Airways Arena (Phoenix)

? Midwest Regional
March 28, 30
Ford Field (Detroit)

? South Regional
March 28, 30
Reliant Stadium (Houston)

? Final Four
April 5
Alamodome (San Antonio)

? Championship Game
April 7
Alamodome (San Antonio)

Journeyman

EOG Master

24/32 is what I use to shoot for, it was probably a little more routine to hit 24/32 10 years ago though...so many small spreads now.

We sall see though.

24/32 is what I use to shoot for, it was probably a little more routine to hit 24/32 10 years ago though...so many small spreads now.

We sall see though.

Agree anything above is good and below is bad

Journeyman

EOG Master

We'll have to see who can hit 25-26, that would be real good in todays climate.