'Gilligan's' Mary Ann Caught With Dope

dirty

EOG Master
DRIGGS, Idaho ? Dawn Wells, who played Mary Ann on "Gilligan's Island," is serving six months' unsupervised probation after allegedly being caught with marijuana in her car.
She was sentenced Feb. 29 to five days in jail, fined $410.50 and placed on probation after pleading guilty to one count of reckless driving.
<!--endtext--><!--startclickprintexclude--><table align="left" border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="5" width="170"><tbody><tr><td class="enhance"> (enlarge photo)
Dawn Wells of the cast of 'Gilligan's Island' poses during filming of a two-hour reunion show, 'The Return from Gilligan's Island,' in Los Angeles, Oct. 2, 1978. She who was sentenced Feb. 29, 2008, to five days in jail, fined $410.50 and placed on probation in Idaho after pleading guilty to one count of reckless driving. The guilty plea came as part of an agreement with prosecutors in which three misdemeanor counts -- driving under the influence, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of a controlled substance stemming from an Oct. 18, traffic stop -- were dropped. (AP Photo/Wally Fong)

'Gilligan's' Mary Ann Caught With Dope | AccessAtlanta
<!--startclickprintexclude--><script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript" src="http://alt.coxnewsweb.com/coxnet/js/daytonbreadcrumb.js"></script><!--endclickprintexclude--></td></tr></tbody></table> <!--begintext--><!--endclickprintexclude--><!--begintext--> Under a plea agreement, three misdemeanor counts ? driving under the influence, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of a controlled substance ? were dropped.
On Oct. 18, Teton County sheriff's Deputy Joseph Gutierrez arrested Wells as she was driving home from a surprise birthday party that was held for her. According to the sheriff's office report, Gutierrez pulled Wells over after noticing her swerve and repeatedly speed up and slow down. When Gutierrez asked about a marijuana smell, Wells said she'd just given a ride to three hitchhikers and had dropped them off when they began smoking something. Gutierrez found half-smoked joints and two small cases used to store marijuana.
The 69-year-old Wells, founder of the Idaho Film and Television Institute and organizer of the region's annual family movie festival called the Spud Fest, then failed a sobriety test.
Wells' lawyer, Ron Swafford, said that a friend of Wells' testified that he'd left a small amount of marijuana in the vehicle after using it that day, and that Wells was unaware of it. Swafford also said several witnesses were prepared to testify that Wells had very little to drink at the party and was not intoxicated when she left. He said she was swerving on the road because she was trying to find the heater controls in her new car.
___
<script language="JavaScript"> <!-- function hourConvert(hour) { return (1 + (hour + 11) % 12); } function ampm(hour) { return ((hour + 24) % 24 > 11); } function formatAMPM(pmcheck) { return (['a.m.', 'p.m.'][+pmcheck]); } var date = new Date(Date.UTC(2008, 2, 11, 20, 16, 31)); var monthname=new Array('January','February','March','April','May','June','July','August','September','October', 'November','December'); document.write('' + monthname[date.getMonth()] + ' '); document.write(date.getDate() + ', '); document.write(date.getFullYear() + ' - '); var hours = date.getHours(); var formattedHours = hourConvert(hours); var formattedAMPM = formatAMPM(ampm(hours)); document.write(formattedHours + ':'); var minutes = date.getMinutes(); minutes = ((minutes < 10) ? '0' : '') + minutes; document.write(minutes + ' '); document.write(formattedAMPM + ' '); var timeZone = date.toLocaleString(); var reg = /.[SD]T/; var tzLength = timeZone.length; var tzOffset = tzLength - 3; var civilianTimeZone = timeZone.substr(tzOffset, 3); if (civilianTimeZone.match(reg)) { document.writeln(civilianTimeZone, '
'); } else { timeZone = date.toString(); tzLength = timeZone.length; tzOffset = tzLength - 8; civilianTimeZone = timeZone.substr(tzOffset, 3); if (civilianTimeZone.match(reg)) { document.writeln(civilianTimeZone, '</p>'); } } //--> </script>March 11, 2008 - 4:16 p.m. Copyright 2008, The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP Online news report may not be published, broadcast or redistributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press.

<!--endclickprintinclude--><!-- CONTENT WELL ENDS --> <!--endclickprintinclude --> <!-- The Story Id is (/shared-gen/ap/TV/People_Dawn_Wells.html) -->
<!-- BEGIN sponsored ads --> <script type="text/javascript" src="http://alt.coxnewsweb.com/coxnet/js/yahoourl.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript">ctxt_ad_interface = 'http://cm.npc-cox.overture.com/js_1_0/'; ctxt_ad_width = 420; ctxt_ad_height = 150; ctxt_ad_source = 'npc_coxnews_accessatlanta_t2_ctxt'; ctxt_ad_config = '1435184754'; ctxt_ad_id = 'news'; ctxt_ad_type = ctxt_ad_id; /* ctxt_ad_url is set in the "yahoourl.js" script */ ctxt_ad_css = 'http://alt.coxnewsweb.com/accessatlanta/css/yahoo_contentmatch_420x150.css'; </script>

pvcpipe

EOG Master
Re: 'Gilligan's' Mary Ann Caught With Dope

"I'd just dropped off three hitchhikers." Awesome.

But seriously, she's 69 for crying out loud. Let her smoke some bud.

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

"The 69-year-old Wells, founder of the Idaho Film and Television Institute and organizer of the region's annual family movie festival called the Spud Fest, then failed a sobriety test."

Field sobriety tests are nice but it's very simple to take a urine and/or blood test for marijuana and alcohol.

Journeyman

EOG Master

They all must have been a bunch of burnouts on that Island.

Gilligan admitted he was always stoned.:smokesmal

Journeyman

EOG Master

I also read last week Betty Rubble was a heroin addict at the height of Flintstones fame, never knew that.

pvcpipe

EOG Master

i would've told them it was Gilligan's bag. i think bob denver had some dope problems awhile back.

She's a cool chick ( well in 1970). I 'm sure I would like her in person. She's real.

Ginger does look sexier in that pic ! Both have to considered at least 8.5 at that time.

Redheads are difficult to find, I never had one.

I still pick Maryjane, I mean Maryann.

DRIGGS, Idaho ? Dawn Wells, who played Mary Ann on "Gilligan's Island," is serving six months' unsupervised probation <!--endclickprintinclude--><!-- CONTENT WELL ENDS --><!--endclickprintinclude --><!-- The Story Id is (/shared-gen/ap/TV/People_Dawn_Wells.html) -->
<!-- BEGIN sponsored ads --><SCRIPT src="http://alt.coxnewsweb.com/coxnet/js/yahoourl.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT>

<SCRIPT type=text/javascript>ctxt_ad_interface = 'http://cm.npc-cox.overture.com/js_1_0/'; ctxt_ad_width = 420; ctxt_ad_height = 150; ctxt_ad_source = 'npc_coxnews_accessatlanta_t2_ctxt'; ctxt_ad_config = '1435184754'; ctxt_ad_id = 'news'; ctxt_ad_type = ctxt_ad_id; /* ctxt_ad_url is set in the "yahoourl.js" script */ ctxt_ad_css = 'http://alt.coxnewsweb.com/accessatlanta/css/yahoo_contentmatch_420x150.css'; </SCRIPT>

Too funny. Isn't everyone in the world living under unsupervised probation?

Journeyman

EOG Master

Ginger does look sexier in that pic ! Both have to considered at least 8.5 at that time.

Redheads are difficult to find, I never had one.

I still pick Maryjane, I mean Maryann.

Doug in response across street, the figure was 2500 , it was that for 2 years...If the big head mod wants to make a wager on it we can have a conf call with those in the know. I worked there 7 days a week him 5. FH was also pulling down more than what the Nazi is claiming too.

He is the one who is delusional....also lets see him leave there and get hired anywhere else, never happen....He's a funny guy, he thinks he's the only one who's worth anything and he thinks he makes all the rules up....if he only knew what was said about him by those around him....nice career, still 'renting' at age 59 too, and just recently 'aquired' an automobile...if he wants to keep running his mouth so will I.

Whatever J. I know the mod gig is tough, no job security or benies, and it can end at any time, and you have few potential employers, far from being a roofer,carpenter,plumber,electrician,etc.

A mod job is crazy, you are Fucked if that's your job.... as you can't get another mod-job with ease.

The future ain't exactly looking bright for Mods,either ! There's a reason I have refused Mod "jobs".

I would still estimate Wil at 2k a month, maybe 1500-2000 for SS, perhaps 1k for Robfunk, and TTinCo ( who apparently really hates my guts)

$500 for Ted and Jake

2K a month in CR is good money !

Journeyman

EOG Master

Yeah I noticed how he took offense and had to 'set you straight' what an insecure man....your figures are a little off.

And you're right NO security, I worked there 5+ years and felt every day could be my last, and part of why I 'lost it' in the end...I had worked my way up to 2500, yes it was cut back when the OS scene crashed but it was also given back to me and I had made that much 2 years prior....the ONLY reason I am mentioning this is that asshole Nazi keeps telling lies.

Renting at 59, talk about winging it. very tough indeed.

J;

I'm no expert on this, but at least in Mexico they do crazy stuff like 99 year leases.

I wouldn't fry Wil for renting without knowing how shit is done in CR.

Journeyman

EOG Master

Hey, he wants to keep starting shit and obviously either lying or just didn't know better, he was not my boss, I dealt with the real owner, who gave me the aise to 2500, that man respected what I did for him and he told me so more than once..... Wil's the control freak, who thinks his way is best and everyone else is just there, he was given the job by default, his personality changed entirely after that, 'nice old man' to drill seargent with an insecure chip 24/7.... 'junior mod' , now he's making things up on the fly as if moderating is some god damn scientific formula...whatever! The other mods just let him 'be him', and roll their eyes behind his back....all the fun left when he implored his way on EVERYTHING.

Also someone please tell the man it is Brett Favre not FARVE! LOL How many times can he spell it wrong? So far batting 100%

And don't let him kid you, he ran Bucs off and was relentless to Kojak before he was finally forced off or quit, they absolutely hated him, he made their lives miserable....he showed them zero respect, and this was when Bucs was at the height of his popularity, here we had Bucs getting reemed for stupid shit daily and he was our most viewed poster, I watched him take up for Kodiak over Bucs.

I also watched him run off Hache man long before he was a mod here and my personal fav poster back then , that pissed me off....and he hated that anyone took up for Omni Frog, which I did do often....Even TimeTopay was shitcanned by Wilheim which created a major uproar amongst the rest of the mods....another time he single handidly wanted to ban Dsethi and Raj, but got zero support in a BR vote. go ask him.

Last edited:

This thread sure changed direction ( hijacked by J).

I don't really care, I doubt I ever take a Mod-job, and I would be no favorite to get one at RX, laying 100 to win 1 on Doug being an RX mod within 5 years ( on credit) is a decent bet. Those odds are about right.

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

maryann still looks pretty good for 69 i would say..

Its always the quiet ones that are the wild ones....we EXPECTED Ginger to get busted sometime, but not sweet MaryAnn

maryann still looks pretty good for 69 i would say..

Its always the quiet ones that are the wild ones....we EXPECTED Ginger to get busted sometime, but not sweet MaryAnn

I reckon M.A. at 69 is still tops when compared to the average 69 year old, but I don't want to go there, unless I'm 70 !

It would be cool to get stoned with her, if she were my aunt or such.

I'm sure I'd have bagged her when she was 50, even 55, but 69 is too old.

Barbara Eden is similar.

Journeyman

EOG Master

hey Doug remember when you were talking about Valerie Bertenelli, she sure made a comeback too.

Maybe you should read her new book, would make for some good JO material :)

wayne1

EOG Enthusiast

I always thought of Mary Ann as better looking than Ginger.

I don't read books, but Val is only like 50, she's doable for sure !

I'd love to smoke some hashish with her, and just talk to Dawn Wells. She would be Cool, I'm sure !

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

I reckon M.A. at 69 is still tops when compared to the average 69 year old, but I don't want to go there, unless I'm 70 !

It would be cool to get stoned with her, if she were my aunt or such.

I'm sure I'd have bagged her when she was 50, even 55, but 69 is too old.

Barbara Eden is similar.

agreed..

Barbara Eden has always looked good...remember when they did a reunion show on somewhere and she came out in the outfit again, and she was in her early 50's at the time, and still and a real nice body...was amazing she could look that good with the open stomach and all..