HD's 3/15 CBB

Hoosier Daddy

EOG Dedicated
28-19-2 yesterday

11-11 Totals

17-8-2 Sides

The opposite of Thurs where I was 19-16 Sides and 17-9 Totals.

Early plays:

CONFERENCE USA CHAMPIONSHIP:
718 Memphis (-15')
717/718 Tulsa/Memphis Under 132'
Some 16's still available on the side and 131' out there on the totals.

Tulsa is out of gas. The only way they can stay close is hope Memphis shoots poorly and play defense and slow the pace. Memphis has failed to cover the last 2 big #'s in this tourney. They'll want to cover this. If they actually lose here (which they won't), the committee has an excuse to take the #1 seed from them.

755 Georgia (+4)
755/756 Georgia/Kentucky Over 125'
Same reasoning as yesterday. I actually feel these guys are finally excited to play. I don't think they will slow it up for energy in the night game. These kids all played AAU and HS baskets with multiple games in a day. They aren't thinking about this. The crowd, or lackthereof, has no effect once the game starts.

I want to play UMBC in the title game of the America East, but the oddsmaker made a good line here.

More later.

HD

Hoosier Daddy

EOG Dedicated
Re: HD's 3/15 CBB

Add:

723 Virginia Tech (+11)
723/724 Virginia Tech/North Carolina Over 147'
This is just me realizing that I will look like an idiot. Everything that I and Winky said on this forum last night about Greenberg and his lacking coaching ability is true. However, what will happen when I make a strong statement like that, the moron will find a way to heep it close. Despite losing by almost 40 in Chapel Hill earlier this year, the Hokies swept UNC last year. This total is also low b/c of VT's lacking offense and good defense yesterday. I think the pace will be fast here and lots of fouls will be called.

GL

HD

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

disagree on 1 game

i had KY Jelly -3.5 last night and see no reason to change that although i liked it more last night when an exhausted UGA team was playing with no rest. still think KY Jelly is the better team by a decent margin

Hoosier Daddy

EOG Dedicated

disagree on 1 game

i had KY Jelly -3.5 last night and see no reason to change that although i liked it more last night when an exhausted UGA team was playing with no rest. still think KY Jelly is the better team by a decent margin

Ky maybe the play. I think UGA may have gotten their legs back and the Dawgs played them tough twice. I like the total better than the side even without those friendly rims in the Dome.

GL

HD

Hoosier Daddy

EOG Dedicated

Add:

AMERICA EAST CHAMPIONSHIP
749/750 Hartford/UMBC Over 134'
Unlike most conf tourneys, these guys have been off since Sunday. Both teams like to get it up the floor.

GL

HD

Hoosier Daddy

EOG Dedicated

Add:

728 Wisconsin (-3)
MSU is not good on the road. Granted, Michigan is not Sparty, but Wisconsin held Michigan to 10 buckets the whole game. Wisconsin's defense wins this one. Neitzel couldn't even get a shot off against Flowers and company in the first meeting. I don't see anything different here.

727/728 Wisconsin/Michigan State Over 115'
Dropped to where I wanted it here. I don't think Wisky will blow them out like in Madison, but MSU will hang around within single digits and there will be fouling.

GL

HD

Last edited:

Hoosier Daddy

EOG Dedicated

Add:

731 Oklahoma (+6)
731/732 Oklahoma/Texas Over 126
OU didn't even prep for Colorado and still held on and won. They prepped for Baylor and Texas instead. I think OU comes with a better effort than in Austin. They have proved to me that they have some toughness. Neither game came close to this total which leads me to think I should go contrarian with this over.

GL

HD

Hoosier Daddy

EOG Dedicated

Add:

725/726 Clemson/Duke Over 71 1st Half
725/726 Clemson/Duke Over 152' Game
726 Duke (-4) (-120)
Clemson had an over pace last night. BC just missed about 8 million layups. Duke doesn't miss those.

I know Clemson has revenge here, but Duke lost last year at NC State when no one expected it. I think they'll be focused here. I may be square here, but any time I can get Duke at this low of a #, I take it. You know the refs won't give Clemson any calls whatsoever.

GL

HD

Hoosier Daddy

EOG Dedicated

Add:

730 Minnesota (+2)
Illinois shot 62% last night against Purdue, a pretty good defensive team. McCamey just caught fire. A lot of these shots were prayers that were answered. Minny, combined with IU's poor outside shot selection, held Indiana to 33% last night. Illinois is not a good offensive team. I know Minny got a lucky shot to win and that's usually a goagainst spot. However, I just don't see Illinois shooting like that again.

734 Kansas (-10)
Like I said yesterday, Kansas tends to play down to competition in their first tourney game and then steamrolls whomever they play in the semis. A & M clinched their ticket last night with a win over K-State. I think Kansas rolls. Too much depth and A & M doesn't shoot the ball well enough to stay in here.

GL

HD

Hoosier Daddy

EOG Dedicated

755 Georgia (+4)
755/756 Georgia/Kentucky Over 125'
Same reasoning as yesterday. I actually feel these guys are finally excited to play. I don't think they will slow it up for energy in the night game. These kids all played AAU and HS baskets with multiple games in a day. They aren't thinking about this. The crowd, or lackthereof, has no effect once the game starts.

HD

Dumbass:doh1

The teams had no shootaround and I tried to go contrarian and paid for it.

Hoosier Daddy

EOG Dedicated

I'm even dumber than I thought.

755/756 Georgia/Kentucky Over 66 2nd Half
These teams got a half to get used to the surroundings. The shooting will improve in the 2nd. Georgia will try to at least force tempo.

GL

HD

Hoosier Daddy

EOG Dedicated

Add:

719 Arkansas (+6)
I was really impressed with how Arkansas scores in the paint. Tennessee's style gets them in trouble with teams like these.

ATLANTIC 10 CHAMPIONSHIP
735 Saint Joseph's (-2)
735/736 Saint Joseph's/Temple Under 135'
Saint Joe's put on a defensive clinic last night. I watched part of it and Martelli was really pleased with the defense. I expect him to be emphasizing it all game long. Saint Joe's looks REALLY focused. Temple's performance was skewed last night b/c Charlotte was off 2 late comeback wins and were out of gas and desperate from the jump.

PAC-10 CHAMPIONSHIP
737 Stanford (+4)
Huge revenge for Stanford. UCLA already has the #1 seed. Stanford is chomping at the bit for these guys.

GL

HD

Hoosier Daddy

EOG Dedicated

I'm even dumber than I thought.

755/756 Georgia/Kentucky Over 66 2nd Half
These teams got a half to get used to the surroundings. The shooting will improve in the 2nd. Georgia will try to at least force tempo.

GL

HD

Finally an OT goes my way. Unreal. I could have went 3-0 on this game or 0-3, but I'll take 2-1 and be very happy.

Hoosier Daddy

EOG Dedicated

Giving some back after a good start.

MID-AMERICAN CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP

739 Akron (+2)
Akron is a veteran club and Kent had them down big on Sunday only for Akron to come back and tie and then Al Fisher hit a 3 at the buzzer. Akron is good enough to make the NCAA tourney, despite what the RPI says. They'll prove it here.

MOUNTAIN WEST CHAMPIONSHIP:
741/742 BYU/UNLV Over 127

SWAC CHAMPIONSHIP:
751 Jackson State (+3)
751/752 Jackson State/Miss Valley State Under 129
Jackson is the #4 seed and Miss Valley is the #2, but there is little to no difference. Miss Valley swept the series, but Jackson has won big time games and MV has not.

GL

HD

Hoosier Daddy

EOG Dedicated

Add:

MEAC CHAMPIONSHIP:

753 Coppin State (+6)
753/754 Coppin State/Morgan State Under 118
Bozeman has done a good job with Morgan State this year, but Fang Mitchell is the dean of this conference and they play the toughest schedule in America every year. They are battle-tested and now after all of those games of being lambs fed to slaughter against power schools, they are one game away. Morgan may win but I like Coppin getting the points here. Experienced coach and toughened team.

721/722 Georgia/Mississippi State Over 128
Against the steam here. I know we all saw Georgia score 50 in regulation earlier today, but don't you think this total is a little high considering that? Hmmm.

GL

HD

Hoosier Daddy

EOG Dedicated

Add:

BIG EAST CHAMPIONSHIP:

743 Pittsburgh (+3) (-115) 1st Half
743 Pittsburgh (+6) Game
Lots of folks on GTown, but Pitt is finally playing up to where they were before the Fields injury.

WAC CHAMPIONSHIP:
745 Boise State (+7)
NMSU has homecourt, but they are a dumb team. Boise has 4 senior starters and this is the opportunity to "right the wrong" of losing in the final reg season game and costing them the outright WAC title.

Maybe a play on the Big West to close out the night.

GL

HD

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar

UCLA just seems to do the right things when needed to get the win. They have had several breaks go their way recently, but they certainly have the combination of skill and luck to get into the final 4, IMO.

Cloverleaf

EOG Dedicated

I agree General, in a one game shootout, We like UCLA because of
their defense.

Nice call Daddy on Arkansas...that was one of our big plays.

Hoosier Daddy

EOG Dedicated

BIG WEST CHAMPIONSHIP:

747 UC Irvine (+6')
I went against them last 2 nights, but not here. Fullerton is a superior athletic team, but their coach is a dunce. Pat Douglass will slow this down.

GL

HD