Warrick Dunn 'Bobby Petrino is a coward' ex Falcons RB rips departed coach

Journeyman

EOG Master
Former Falcons running back Warrick Dunn is considered one of the nicest guys in the league. He's probably known more for his generosity off the field than his football exploits, even though, at one time, he was one of the league's best backs. (That said, the Bucs were crazy to give him all that dough, at least from an economic standpoint; but as a genuinely solid guy, good for him.)

Which makes it all the more surprising that he laid waste to Bobby Petrino, the dude who coached the Falcons for 13 weeks last season before quitting to take the Arkansas job.

You can listen to Dunn's comments here, but if you're too lazy to click the link, I'll give you the highlights:
"He didn't want to treat us like men, he wanted to treat us like kids who came out of high school ... It wasn't a friendly environment... This guy was calling plays we hadn't even practiced; he wanted everyone to talk at a whisper whenever there was a team dinner, he didn't like a lot of noise on the plane... The way he went as a coward and the people in Arkansas have to worry about that..."
So on and so forth -- you get the point. Petrino gets everything he deserves, but Marshall Faulk made an interesting point: Petrino didn't sign up for all the Ron Mexico drama when he took the Falcons job, but he basically spent his first four months dealing primarily with it.

That didn't give him the right to lie to his boss and quit on his team, but if he had resigned after the season -- and not immediately after a Week 14 Monday night beatdown -- I'm guessing people would've been more understanding.

Of course, that doesn't change the fact that Petrino was an a-hole, but at least it might've earned him some sympathy, whatever that's worth (which certainly is less than the $3 million per year he received from Arkansas).

The Great One

EOG Enthusiast
Re: Warrick Dunn 'Bobby Petrino is a coward' ex Falcons RB rips departed coach

He will win and win big in Arkansas. Of course before the SEC championship game, he will be on the phone talking to a Big 12 team about their coaching vacancy. Guy is not trustworthy yet at the same time, can't blame for leaving but could have weaited just 3 freakin weeks. Season was basically over anyway. The day after the last game, he could have taken it or just had a verbal agreement with Arkansas.

Given the choice, i rather coach college too especially when I can probably make more, have more freedom, and call the shots and have a lot metter job stability.

dirty

EOG Master

Good for Warrick dunn

The Great One

EOG Enthusiast

Dunn gets on my nerves by always acting like he is such a great guy and tries to help everyone out.

here is my philosophy on that. It is always easy to be the great guy that people see you for when you never have to worry about another dollar in your life.

Just hate that when I see these celebrities acting like they care so much for people and all. Well, its alot easier to be nice when you don't have to worry asbout the everyday things that the average person has to worry about. I am saying this as someone that is as middle class as there is. Well maybe, slightly above that but far from wealthy.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

when someone as classy as Dunn rips Petrino that says a lot. someone else - maybe not but a guy who never complains - that carries a lot of weight. hard for Petrino to have a comeback since any "battle of character" is a mismatch

Journeyman

EOG Master

when someone as classy as Dunn rips Petrino that says a lot. someone else - maybe not but a guy who never complains - that carries a lot of weight. hard for Petrino to have a comeback since any "battle of character" is a mismatch

agree...

for Dunn to blast him, you just know.....

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Petrino is a total scumbag. A bonafide liar and a coward. He's the kinda guy that is asking one girl to marry him, while he is getting another's phone number, and ditching the one he gave herpes to. It's not is he going to screw somebody, it's who is he going to screw next. Bend over and oink like a hog.

Best Wishes...oF :finger004

The Devil

EOG Master

WHEN HE MOVES, DOES HE EVER UNPACK???

WHAT IS THE OVER/UNDER FOR HIS STAY AT ARKANSAS?????

NickPappagiorgio

EOG Dedicated

Dunn gets on my nerves by always acting like he is such a great guy and tries to help everyone out.

here is my philosophy on that. It is always easy to be the great guy that people see you for when you never have to worry about another dollar in your life.

Just hate that when I see these celebrities acting like they care so much for people and all. Well, its alot easier to be nice when you don't have to worry asbout the everyday things that the average person has to worry about. I am saying this as someone that is as middle class as there is. Well maybe, slightly above that but far from wealthy.

This is one of the most ignorant posts ever.

The Great One

EOG Enthusiast

It's the truth. he maybe a great guy but it is just alot easier to look like the best guy when you never have to worry about another bill your entire life.

You see it all the time with alot of these athletes. They act like they are such great guys but if they did not have the money they do, their attitudes would change alot.

So people love him because he pays someone to build a couple houses for BLACK single mothers or something? If I give you 50K right now, i look like such a generous guy and you'd never say a bad thing about me, but if I have 35 million dollars, is it really a big deal?>

Guess I am just saying I respect more the "poor" people out there that will give their time or something for that or maybe someone that makes 22K a year but donates alot or something. But you would never hear about that. But you hear about the guy giving .001 of his money away.

I am far from ignorant anyway. I'm verty insightful and see things the way that others do not.

Like I said though, he may be a great guy but everyone praises these guys sometimes unecesarily.

wick city

EOG Enthusiast

Petrino is a scum bag. Dunn is a class act. End of story.