What seeds do Illinois and georgia get if they win today?

The Great One

EOG Enthusiast
Illinois is 16-18 on the season; not sure what georgia's record is.

Can't remember when a team from a power conference got in with an overall losing record like this. There is a 20 loss team in Coppin state that is in which will be in the play in game but where would an Illinois or a Georgia be? A 12 seed and then just knock out the final 12 seeds that would have been in had not they won their conference tournaments?

The Great One

EOG Enthusiast
Re: What seeds do Illinois and georgia get if they win today?

Surely not that high. I'd love to be the 2 or 3 seed in that region

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Not sure but around 8. Neither team deserves to be there at all. Mediocre at best.

And what makes you think that Illinois and Georgia are bad teams? If they get paired with the Drakes, St.Marys, San Diegos, Kent States, Butlers and any PAC10 team besides UCLA they have a good chance to progress further.

The Great One

EOG Enthusiast

Drake is a good team. teams like Drake, Butler, Davidson should beat a team like Illinois.

I am really hoping for a Memphis vs. Davidson 2nd round match-up. You get too see basketball players against athletes playing basketball.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Drake is a good team. teams like Drake, Butler, Davidson should beat a team like Illinois.

I am really hoping for a Memphis vs. Davidson 2nd round match-up. You get too see basketball players against athletes playing basketball.

Davison (who I like) would get crushed.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

And what makes you think that Illinois and Georgia are bad teams? If they get paired with the Drakes, St.Marys, San Diegos, Kent States, Butlers and any PAC10 team besides UCLA they have a good chance to progress further.

Just what I have watched all year! Georgia lost like 7 of 10 heading into the conf tourney. They are not that good. Illinois is mediocre at best too.

The Great One

EOG Enthusiast

Davison (who I like) would get crushed.

Not likely. Here is a copy and paste of another post i made here about basketball strategy. it fits this thread also and why I would like to see that nmatch-up.

Exactly, that is what I have been saying. Teams like davidson, Butler, Drake, and Duke have basketball players. Teams like memphis and Louisville have athletes trying to play basketball and that is what the NBA has become.

I used to play in countless basketball tournaments during the summer a few years ago with a couple friends. None of us are Division I athletes and we would beat the black homeboys; some with Division I scholarships. In alot of cases, it wasn't even close. They talk too much, can't shoot worth shit and always try to swat the hell out of your shot while we always played like the mid majors do. Smart, in control, and great shooting. When playing homeboys, a head fake goes a long way.

I remember one game, some homeboy couldn't take the losing and kept talking. It was 13-2. Play to 15 with just 1s and 2's. He said "alright, we are going to start playing now" except in his illiterate homeboyish tone. My friend passes me the ball and I hit a "2" meaning really a 3 pointer and we said thats game. after losing 15-2, they effectively got thrown out of the tournament for the homeboyery that was about to come. It was double elimination

Wait till memphis has a really tight game in the tourney, the thug life will come out in them and if thery can't pull it off with their athleticism, they will fail.

Could happen in the 2nd round, but I would love to see a Memphis vs. Davidson 2nd round match-up. Very high possibility of this happening and then you will see what I mean. davidson is projected as an 8 seed. Hopefully, the committee sobers up enough to get their fat bald heads out of their asses after pigging out on free pizza for the past 5 days acting like they have such a tough job

no way these teams get anything higher than a 10 seed, likely 11 or 12 because that's where the last of the BUBBLE TEAMS end up

Bucky

EOG Dedicated

A better question is whether Wisconsin and Arkansas will tank to get another member of their conference in like St. Mary's and Gonzaga did???

I think Illinois and Georgia could beat at least half the teams in the field. But, assuming one of them wins - perhaps there would be such an emotional hangover they would have nothing left.

The winner of the SEC or Big 10 conference tournament should get at least a 4 or 5 seed no matter what their record is. What's their record since Feb 1? Throw the rest of the games out!

Illinois is probably the best 16 win team in the country. Half of their losses are by a few points. They were never blown out in any game.

Journeyman

EOG Master

no way these teams get anything higher than a 10 seed, likely 11 or 12 because that's where the last of the BUBBLE TEAMS end up

Ego is right...remember the 'lowest' seeded at large teams who somehow squeak in from a power conference are never lower than a 12 seed.

If Ill. were to get in they would be no higher than an 11.

The Great One

EOG Enthusiast

I thought about that too Bucky. It just makes the conference look better for future years since it is alot about reputation.

Its the tournament, on any given night, a team can win or pull an upset so saying Illinois could beat half the teams in the field is implied. Syracuse probably could too and they aren't coming.

The Great One

EOG Enthusiast

We got anywhere from a 6 to a 12 seed here.

What people never realize with the selection of the at large bids is in the fat, old, and bald guys eyes that make these decision, it is best to play 10 good teams and go 2-8 in those games than it is to go 9-1 against just average to below abverage teams.

Anyone can play someone and lose. and that is what they reward.

PalmTree

EOG Dedicated

6 and 7th

Most of what you read in forums is just BS, but every now and then a post comes throough that lets you know just how little some people about the subject. What's quoted above coould be the stupidest post in the history of EOG.

Journeyman

EOG Master

We got anywhere from a 6 to a 12 seed here.

What p[eople never realize with the selctuion of at large bids is in the fat blad guys eyes that make these decision, it is best to play 10 good teams and go 2-8 in those games than it is to go 9-1 against just average to below abverage teams.

Anyone can play someone and lose. and that is what they reward.

no way in hell they move up as high as a 6, they were 10th in their conference and under .500...they won't win today anyway!

I will say this though you can be highkly rewarded for winning your conf tourney...I saw MD go from a likely 7 seed all the way up to a #3 by winning the ACC tourney 3 years ago.... but we're talking about a team under .500 here.

The Great One

EOG Enthusiast

I know that journey. I am saying that is what other people said. I personally think it would be a 12 or best case 11.

They have a losing record. haha. And would have the 2nd most losses of any team in the field while still having their share of cupcake games before the weak big 10 conference play even started.

And it doesn't matter if they played teams tight. The committee doesn't even watch basketball the majority of the year. They are just rich people that have connections

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Not likely. Here is a copy and paste of another post i made here about basketball strategy. it fits this thread also and why I would like to see that nmatch-up.

Exactly, that is what I have been saying. Teams like davidson, Butler, Drake, and Duke have basketball players. Teams like memphis and Louisville have athletes trying to play basketball and that is what the NBA has become.

I used to play in countless basketball tournaments during the summer a few years ago with a couple friends. None of us are Division I athletes and we would beat the black homeboys; some with Division I scholarships. In alot of cases, it wasn't even close. They talk too much, can't shoot worth shit and always try to swat the hell out of your shot while we always played like the mid majors do. Smart, in control, and great shooting. When playing homeboys, a head fake goes a long way.

I remember one game, some homeboy couldn't take the losing and kept talking. It was 13-2. Play to 15 with just 1s and 2's. He said "alright, we are going to start playing now" except in his illiterate homeboyish tone. My friend passes me the ball and I hit a "2" meaning really a 3 pointer and we said thats game. after losing 15-2, they effectively got thrown out of the tournament for the homeboyery that was about to come. It was double elimination

Wait till memphis has a really tight game in the tourney, the thug life will come out in them and if thery can't pull it off with their athleticism, they will fail.

Could happen in the 2nd round, but I would love to see a Memphis vs. Davidson 2nd round match-up. Very high possibility of this happening and then you will see what I mean. davidson is projected as an 8 seed. Hopefully, the committee sobers up enough to get their fat bald heads out of their asses after pigging out on free pizza for the past 5 days acting like they have such a tough job

NBA has become that yes. Also NBA lacks fundamentals. Agreed. Davidson gets destroyed playing Memphis, also agreed. Pressure defense will take apart Davidson.

Hey Glenn Danzig, you lost all the credibility you had . The Illinis have been blown out by 13 againt Duke, and 16 and 14 to Wiscy and the lowly Buckeyes. Both at home. Some people just dont care about the truth and its a good thing that some people actually dont take people at their word. Gosh I hope you arent actually betting on these games!:doh1

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

One more point here: Pickup ball is one thing...going against COach Cal and his defense is another. The man is a great coach and has proven that many times. His team is often better prepared that the opponent and also most often plays better defense. His team have often beaten teams that were better in the tourney and during the year. If looking for the big upset it is best to stay away from this force. Good luck!

The Great One

EOG Enthusiast

Just my opinion, but memphis is the first 1 seed to be eliminated.

Oh yeah, and Peyton Manning is the greatest quarterback to have ever lived. Another thread for another day but it is a fact.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Just my opinion, but memphis is the first 1 seed to be eliminated.

Oh yeah, and Peyton Manning is the greatest quarterback to have ever lived. Another thread for another day but it is a fact.

Oh yeah?!?!?! I like Manning and have all the respect in the world for him. A great QB. It is so hard to compare and really unfair. Manning, like Brady, is one of the best and anything more is just opinion and speculation. If Memphis does go down first, please remind me so I can tip my hat to you. I doubt it though. Nice talking with you.

Richkas

EOG Veteran

Illinois wont win. Wisky best bet today.

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

dont know why anyone would say they would be a single digit seed...there is NO WAY.....They are almost assured of being a #12 seed if either wins, maybe an 11 if it fits the bracket better (remember teams from same conference cant meet til regional final).....Its possible they could even fall to a #13 but no lower than that, as the winners from the very small conferences always pick up those first 3 tiers of seeds at the bottom..

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

UGA ia an 11 or 12 - no way higher than 10

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

well we get our chance to see later today as Georgia seals the deal and gets in...

I say they are a #12....

Journeyman

EOG Master

#14 it is, no way they were ever going above 12...the last of the at large who slip in are usually between 12-14...