Butler a #7 Seed

Hoosier Daddy

EOG Dedicated
Are you fucking kidding me? The committee discriminates against the mid-majors. Butler is in the top 12 in the country and they have to play against South Alabama in Birmingham. Unreal.

I know Indiana has been declining, but an 8 seed?

Bucsfan67

EOG Master
Re: Butler a #7 Seed

Are you fucking kidding me? The committee discriminates against the mid-majors. Butler is in the top 12 in the country and they have to play against South Alabama in Birmingham. Unreal.

I know Indiana has been declining, but an 8 seed?

my thoughts exactly....they give these seeds out, so they can balance a bracket, without teams from same league playing before the regional final, so it screws up the seeds...they should drop that rule....they shouldnt move a team up from a 10 seed to a 8 seed just so they avoid their conf opponenent til reg final....

just get rid of that rule...if 2 teams from same conference meet in 2nd round, then so be it......

Indaina as an 8 is a joke

Hoosier Daddy

EOG Dedicated

They did it again with Gonzaga and Davidson. Alan Boston always says they will put mid-majors against mid-majors to minimize the possibility of them advancing. They don't want another George Mason.

Hoosier Daddy

EOG Dedicated

Now they do it with Drake vs. Western Kentucky.

The committee has totally screwed the mid-majors. They want the upsets in the 1st Round, but then they throw them in the garbage.

Yes no way Butler is a 7 seed ... I think Western can win 2 Games .... I am beginning to think they should just open this thing up to everyone ... It is a joke

bobt70

EOG Member

I thought the same thing about Indiana when the brackets came out and seeing them as an 8 seed. I said they must being punishing them for this whole sampson thing a little. I figured they would slide a little bit with the two losses late in the season, but figured they would still be a six or at worst a 7.