Just wanted to remind everyone that the NIT selection show is on tonight also...

2008 MasterCard NIT Field to Be Announced On ESPN2 and ESPNU

ESPN will also provide television coverage for every game of the Master Card NIT.
<!-- PHOTO TABLE BEGINS HERE --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=155 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=5 rowSpan=2> </TD><TD align=middle width=150>

The 2008 MasterCard NIT field will be announced on ESPN2 and ESPNU.
</TD></TR><TR><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- PHOTO TABLE ENDS HERE -->
March 16, 2008
<!-- LINKS TO RELATED PAGES BEGIN --><!-- LINKS TO RELATED PAGES END -->
NEW YORK -- The 32-team field for the 2008 MasterCard National Invitation Tournament (NIT) will be announced on Sunday, March 16, 2008 at 9:00 p.m. ET on ESPNU and ESPN2.
The NIT Selection Committee, chaired by Basketball Hall of Fame member, C.M. Newton, has been meeting in Indianapolis this week. In addition to Newton, the NIT Selection Committee includes Rudy Davalos, Don DeVoe, Gene Keady, Reggie Minton, Jack Powers and Carroll Williams. ESPN will provide television coverage for every game of the Master Card NIT, which is played regionally for the first three rounds before playing the semi-finals and final round in New York's Madison Square Garden, the tournament's home since 1938. The championship doubleheader is slated for April 1 followed by the championship game, April 3rd. <!-- STORY AD BEGINS HERE -->

Arena Nut

EOG Addicted
Re: Just wanted to remind everyone that the NIT selection show is on tonight also...

Isnt there a third post season tourney debuting this year?

Re: Just wanted to remind everyone that the NIT selection show is on tonight also...

yep, I'll be anticipating that. Will be watching AND recording it on DVR :LMAO

If the phone rings during the show, the caller WILL GET CUSSED OUT for interrupting me during this epic event

I WILL go Joe Horn on someone

Isnt there a third post season tourney debuting this year?

Yes, the CBI. It will have 16 teams that are not out of the 97 invited to the NCAA or NIT tournament.

Are the teams actually "selected" to play in the NIT?

Or is it like those radio giveaways, and the NIT committee just says, "OK, were will be taking the first 32 teams that call up and say, "Yes, I wanna be in the NIT!!'"

Are the teams actually "selected" to play in the NIT?

Or is it like those radio giveaways, and the NIT committee just says, "OK, were will be taking the first 32 teams that call up and say, "Yes, I wanna be in the NIT!!'"

I imagine a little convincing has to take place when they make that phone call asking a team to accept the NIT invitation. They might need to have the Jim Feist sales rep team make some extra phone calls for some persuasive convincing.

:)

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

I imagine a little convincing has to take place when they make that phone call asking a team to accept the NIT invitation. They might need to have the Jim Feist sales rep team make some extra phone calls for some persuasive convincing.

:)

i wouldnt think u would need convincing...if u arent in the big dance, then this gives you a chance to earn more money for the school, give your younger players more games against decent competition for next year, and if u get home games u of course have school revenue, and if u can advance, u can always make money by appearing in games at Madison Square Garden....every year, the NIT, has a nice crowd at MSG for the finals of the NIT...

For teams like Texas Tech, Minnesota, Wake Forest, teams with young players, this can be used for good learning.....teams that win the NIT most always end up in the NCAA the next year it seems..

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

well the top 4 seeds arent any big surprise...

Syracuse
Ohio St
Arizona St
Va Tech

some other pretty good teams in this also...should be a decent tourney as well....they can use it as a springboard for next year...just like last year's final where West Va beat Clemson in the final at MSG...now both of those teams are at large teams in the big dance this year....

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!

out of The 4 top seeds Who Gives a fuck ?

The Cuse---NOPE x 3
OSU--- NOPE x 5
ASU- yes
Va Tech---yes

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

out of The 4 top seeds Who Gives a fuck ?

The Cuse---NOPE x 3
OSU--- NOPE x 5
ASU- yes
Va Tech---yes

I think OSU will...they are a young team, and this will just be building blocks into next year, with a good recruiting class coming to join...

Syracuse, being in the 2nd year in a row, you might be right..

The Great One

EOG Enthusiast

can you post the bracket? I went on the site and it is not up?

also this CBI bracket thingy might be nice too

BigBollocks

EOG Member

Double snub for Illinois State. They had to at least expect a #1 seed in the NIT :doh1