WHEN A SQUARE BETS $0.01 WITH A SHARP ON AMERICA'S ECONOMIC DIRECTION...

andycapp

EOG Member
Re: WHEN A SQUARE BETS $0.01 WITH A SHARP ON AMERICA'S ECONOMIC DIRECTION...

Cool vid, almost scary in how this Peter dude predicted events to come. That other guy was so condescending, oh well he took a stand and lost, pay up like an honest gambler.

The Prophet

EOG Dedicated

Cool vid, almost scary in how this Peter dude predicted events to come. That other guy was so condescending, oh well he took a stand and lost, pay up like an honest gambler.

YEAH, THERE WAS SOME TALK-OVER…SCHIFF BATTLING THE IGNORANCE ON TWO FRONTS…BUT IF YOU LISTEN CLOSELY, WHEN SCHIFF WAS OFFERED A $0.01 HE REPLIED, “I’LL BET A LOT MORE THAN THAT!”…THEN AT THE END, SCHIFF COMMENTED THAT THE AMERICAN-DOLLAR WOULD ONLY BE WORTH A PENNY. :+textinb3

WOULD LOVE TO SEE AMERICANS START ONLY ACCEPTING EUROS…CAN YOU IMAGING IF CHINA-MART STARTED ONLY ACCEPTED EUROS?

PROBABLY NOT A BAD IDEA FOR AMERICANS TO BE CONVERTING THEIR FIAT AMERICAN DOLLARS HELD IN SAVINGS INTO EUROS FOR THE TIME BEING…THERE’S NO WAY INTEREST EARNED ON SAVING WILL/IS KEEPING UP ON DOLLAR DEVALUATION...WITH MORE TO COME FROM THE FEDS TOMORROW.

NONE-THE-LESS, A NICE LESSON IN ECONOMICS…

CHINA WILL RULE THE ECONOMIC WORLD WITHIN THE NEXT COUPLE DECADES.

BigBollocks

EOG Member

If not much, much sooner in regards to China, Prophet. China could pull the string that officially sends the US into a long lasting depression in a matter of minutes.

I've been encouraging friends and family to buy into Euro for over three years now. With gold now hitting $1K an ounce, I think the thing ready for a solid pop at its current price is silver (poor man's gold). I think we'll see silver start to noticeably propel upwards in the not too distant future. Just my two cents...

Good luck jumping on the bandwagon as late as you are. The world spots a bargain in US property and companies right now, tells me all I need to know. This is just a cyclical downturn as there always are in currencies. Its just exacerbated by the amount of leverage around for these bets, but the credit crunch is going to start hammering away at these bets and then the investors driving this daily run up of value are going to say "oh shit!"

Think about it, European taxes are sky high, labor laws still suck balls, there are massive problems in translating products and cultures across the EU's interior borders, and worse of all they are taking on country's now with lower productivity and per capita GDPs than Mexico as their own. You tell me how all that is more attractive and profitable than doing business in the US. It isn't and it never will be. Europeans for the most part accept that as part and parcel of European life. For someone to believe the Euro is going to continue to rise in spite of the poor playing field for business there over the US is just plain and simple senseless.

In the end that is what currencies reflect. Business conditions and playing field. If you really think China can continue to have built in advantages then go right ahead and believe the Yuan will endlessly strengthen. But if you want to protect yourself from making bad economic bets think about what currencies really represent: legal tender to be used in one particular economy. In other words a Russian may hold dollars and may use them to buy German goods, but the inherent value of dollars will always be dependent upon the US economy alone.

The Prophet

EOG Dedicated

DON'T LET REALITY BE YOUR FOOL...

JUST ASK THOSE WAKING-UP WHO WERE CAUGHT ON THE WRONG END OF THIS FINANCIAL INSTITUTION...

Bear Stearns Ord Shs(BSC)4.81 -25.19 -83.97%
Open: 3.17 High: 5.50 Low: 2.84

Previous Close: 30.00 Volume: 166,719,539

After Hours: 4.60 -0.21 / -4.37% Vol. 638,700

Eastern Time

USD TO 1 EUR