WVU has a great shot at beating Duke, anyone else think so?

Journeyman

EOG Master
Duke escaped Belmont, has been very ripe for the past several years in March.

WVU looks like the kind of team that will give Duke trouble.

:+whipping

The Devil

EOG Master
Re: WVU has a great shot at beating Duke, anyone else think so?

THE WAY BOTH TEAMS ARE PLAYING NOW WEST VIRGINIA SHOULD WIN THE GAME OUTRIGHT..........GAME WILL BE DECIDED BY WHO IS HITTING THE THREE BALL...............

Absolutely. Felt that way even before the Belmont game. Duke's squeaker win will make the line lower on them though so not sure if there's as much value as there could have been. But yeah, absolutely WVU has a nice chance.

Journeyman

EOG Master

Absolutely. Felt that way even before the Belmont game. Duke's squeaker win will make the line lower on them though so not sure if there's as much value as there could have been. But yeah, absolutely WVU has a nice chance.

That is the problem, the line will be lower now, this is not exactly news at this point....Sometimes when a team squeaks by they come out blazing too...this just feels like a WVU game they should be in til the end, that is a good team playing very well!

pvcpipe

EOG Master

After watching that game last night, hard not to agree. Sort of regretting putting them through to the regional final in every one of my brackets.

I think Duke is grossly over-rated. I'm not sure how/why they were ranked #2 for this tournament after losing to Clemson. In their last 4 games, they lost to UNC, beat Georgia Tech, lost to Clemson in the ACC semis, then squeaked by Belmont. I would take WVU for the straight-up win.

Journeyman

EOG Master

I think everyone will be on WVU now and like reload said the line will be lower than it would have before yesterday....unfortunately.

jman, for once in my life i agree with you!

do you think pitt can beat memphis?

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

w. Va is the kind of team that can beat ALOT of teams if they are hitting the 3's.....then again, if duke comes out hot, they could win by double digits.....will be curious to see how duke responds...sometimes, teams take a game like the belmont one as a wake up call, and come out guns-a-blazing next time....will be fun to watch

PO69

EOG Master

Shrink feel off the wagon again! He is drinking again!

But that is OK Shrink. The drunk Shrink was always a better guy to be around! I am buying your first 3 rounds at the next bash SHRINKIE!

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

They do. It will be a great game. Gotta love it.

ERBtheGREAT

EOG Dedicated

I'm going to take Duke. When the public goes against them (like vs Maryland), they usually play good.

WVU

EOG Master

Duke is the play IMO. I would love to see WV win, but Duke will come out playing hard. Maybe Duke first half and WV 2nd half would be a good play

WVU all day every day...If Dukes 3's aren't hitting they are in trouble....exihibt A=Belmont

WVU

EOG Master

WVU all day every day...If Dukes 3's aren't hitting they are in trouble....exihibt A=Belmont

same is true for my Mountaineers unfortunately. We will see 50 threes launched in this game

I have Duke winning it all this year. I think the Belmont game was a wakeup call. They will beat NC in the final.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Coach K is a master at recruiting, every year they lost tons of underclassmen to the NBA, and still reloaded. This class appears to be a bust. No surprise here. Last year first round, almost again this year, now gone, scratch that #2 rep seed. Bracket buster for many.

Best wishes...OF :+waving-5

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

No inside game to speak of. You can't win launching three's all year long. They got a little tired, teams paid more attention to the 3 point players and plays to get their shots and Duke had no answer. You have to have an inside presence. They didn't. See Ya Duke!

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

The Big East is TOUGH, TOUGH, TOUGH.

Then why is crummy Pac10 Wash St. Favored over very tough Big East Notre Dame. The fighting Irish even had a better conference record in a tougher conference. Wrong team favored here.

Best wishes...OF :+waving-5

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!

Maybe a tougher non conference schedule where they actually play somebody tough on the road would help Duke. But that would tarnish their record and cost them yet another chance to be over rated. If you could not see this coming today from a mile away you must like your Kool Aid blue.

O'Royken

EOG Dedicated

Maybe Coach K needs to spend his summers back at Duke and not with Team USA so his team can hit the weights in the offseason.