Is possession of machine guns by a felon (TI) only worth 1 year of time?

Junior

EOG Veteran
Re: Is possession of machine guns by a felon (TI) only worth 1 year of time?

I doubt it, it's more time I think. Repeat offenders get more time. Then again there are 1000's different types of felonies. Give a guy who just was released for Armed robbery (on parole) that is caught with an illegal gun and see what happens compared to one who is a white collar criminal that is caught. Major difference. Laws are screwed up IMO.

panther

EOG Dedicated

i think everyone should have at least 1

junior, he pled out and got 1 year behind bars.

Richkas

EOG Veteran

It shouldnt even be a crime. You people scared of a little violence make the stupid laws.

mr merlin

EOG Master

If he didnt commit any crime with it whats the big deal? After all, he might have just bought it to protect himself or his family.

Junior

EOG Veteran

People who have a felony under their belt CAN'T possess any fire arms. They should get more than the mandatory one year but we all know plea deals are the way to go these days.

Where is it written that the Second Amendment has any qualifications?

Junior

EOG Veteran

hell get out and do it again.

Funny thing is when prisoners are released many return within days or hours. They get 3 hots and a cot. No bills, a roof over their head. Hey its tough getting released with 5$ in your pocket after being dropped off at the bus station then no where to go for some. This system sucks. Now they want correction officers to rehabiltate felons while in prison,lol.

sean1

EOG Dedicated

I've always thought they should take all the non-violent crime doers and give them an apt and a job instead of prision (Cleaning highways, janitors at fed buildings, etc). Give them the option - go to trial, or come to work for 5 years. If you quit you go to jail for 10.

Doesnt make any sense to me to take a guy who stole two bikes cause he is broke, throw his ass in jail for a year, making him more broke, and then release him expecting he won't steal again.

Sean