NBC Announces it 2008-2009 52 week TV Schedule

dirty

EOG Master
NBC: More FNL, Lipstick, Office spin-off

By Tim Surette - TV.com April 2, 2008 at 12:15:00 PM | more stories by this author
[UPDATE] Net releases schedule with a few surprises; Broderick joins 30 Rock, SNL gets primetime specials.
Forward-looking NBC got a jump on the other networks today when it announced its 2008-2009 schedule before advertisers in New York. The network has long been touting its plans to change the way its business has been run (probably a good thing after a dismal few years), and it certainly did that by looking as far ahead as summer 2009.
First the highlights:

An Office spin-off? Spreading it a little thin, NBC.

A spin-off for The Office is in the works and will debut after next year's Super Bowl in early February. There are no details on the show, but don't count on the rumored Dwight Schrute solo show; actor Rainn Wilson recently said he knew nothing of such a project. [UPDATE] The entire Office team will be behind the spin-off, and some actors from the original may find themselves in the new show.
There is a god: Friday Night Lights is coming back to NBC, but won't take snaps until early 2009 on Fridays. [UPDATE] Turns out the rumors were true. In an unusual move for a major network, the third season of Friday Night Lights will debut on DirecTV on October 1, and then re-air on NBC in February. At the moment, the third season has a 13-episode order.
Lipstick Jungle will pucker up for a second season this fall. However, it has been unusually paired with Knight Rider and Deal or No Deal...not sure why that trio makes sense together.
Thursday will continue to be comedy night, with My Name is Earl, 30 Rock, The Office, and Saturday Night Live primetime specials in the fall and the Office spin-off in the winter. Matthew Broderick will also join 30 Rock in the upcoming season, but it's unclear in what capacity.
Medium is still among the living, scheduled for Sunday nights in the winter.

Chuck sticks with Heroes.

Chuck and Life are still on track for the fall, with the former being paired once again with Heroes on Monday nights, and Life moved to (gulp!) Fridays. However, it will be paired with Friday Night Lights in early 2009, making for a quality two-hour block of television.
NBC also announced that it has partnered with Liberty Mutual to sponsor certain shows, kind of like what television used to in the old days ("Welcome to 21, sponsored by Geritol!"). The insurance company will start off by plastering its name on a pair of two-hour backdoor pilots, including Kings starring Ian McShane. Should the telefilms get picked up to series, Liberty Mutual will have first dibs on continuing the advertising partnership with the show.
New shows on NBC's schedule include My Own Worst Enemy starring Christian Slater (Mondays, fall 2008), comedy Kath & Kim starring Molly Shannon (Tuesdays, fall 2008), Knight Rider (Wednesdays, fall 2008), island-bound drama Crusoe (Fridays, fall 2008), drama The Philanthropist (Mondays, winter 2009), untitled Office spin-off (Thursdays, winter 2009), Merlin and Kings (Sundays, winter 2009), America's Toughest Jobs (Mondays, summer 2009), Shark Taggers (Wednesdays, summer 2009), The Listener (Thursdays, summer 2009), and kitchen reality show Chopping Block (Fridays, summer 2009).
This is of course all subject to change.
NBC's future schedule in semi-easy-to-read chart form (new shows in bold):
FALL 2008-2009

Monday
8 p.m. Chuck
9 p.m. Heroes
10 p.m. My Own Worst Enemy
Tuesday
8 p.m. The Biggest Loser: Families
9:30 p.m. Kath & Kim
10 p.m. Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
Wednesday
8 p.m. Knight Rider
9 p.m. Deal or No Deal
10 p.m. Lipstick Jungle
Thursday
8 p.m. My Name is Earl
8:30 p.m. 30 Rock
9 p.m. The Office
9:30 p.m. The Office/Saturday Night Live
10 p.m. ER
Friday
8 p.m. Crusoe
9 p.m. Deal or No Deal
10 p.m. Life
Saturday
8 p.m. Dateline NBC
9 p.m. Knight Rider (repeats)
10 p.m. Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (repeats)
Sunday
7 p.m. ET Pregame and Sunday Night Football
WINTER 2009

Monday
8 p.m. Chuck
9 p.m. Heroes
10 p.m. The Philanthropist
Tuesday
8 p.m. The Biggest Loser: Couples
9:30 p.m. Kath & Kim
10 p.m. Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
Wednesday
8 p.m. Knight Rider
9 p.m. Deal or No Deal
10 p.m. Law & Order
Thursday
8 p.m. My Name is Earl
8:30 p.m. 30 Rock
9 p.m. The Office
9:30 p.m. The Office spin-off
10 p.m. ER/Celebrity Apprentice
Friday
8 p.m. Deal or No Deal
9 p.m. Friday Night Lights
10 p.m. Life
Saturday
8 p.m. Dateline NBC
9 p.m. Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (repeats) 10 p.m. Law & Order (repeats)
Sunday
7 p.m. Specials/Dateline NBC
8 p.m. Specials/Merlin
9 p.m. Specials/Medium
10 p.m. Specials/Kings

SUMMER 2009

Monday
8 p.m. American Gladiators
9 p.m. America's Toughest Jobs
10 p.m. Dateline NBC

Tuesday
8 p.m. Most Outrageous Moments
9 p.m. America's Got Talent
10 p.m. Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (repeats)
Wednesday
8 p.m. Shark Taggers
9 p.m. America's Got Talent
10 p.m. Law & Order (repeats)
Thursday
8 p.m. The Office
8:30 p.m. The Office spin-off
9 p.m. Last Comic Standing
10 p.m. Listener
Friday
8 p.m. Chopping Block
9 p.m. Dateline NBC

Saturday
8 p.m. Drama Encores

Sunday
7 p.m. Dateline NBC
8 p.m. Monk
9 p.m. Nashville Star
10 p.m. Kings (repeats)

TV.com: NBC: More FNL, Lipstick, Office spin-off

Re: NBC Announces it 2008-2009 52 week TV Schedule

Dirty, don't know if you say my Friday Night Lights thread.....but above is ANOTHER reason to have Directv:cheers(if "you" are a fan of the show).

dirty

EOG Master

Las Vegas has been Cancelled... and Friday Night Lights will be added to the Updated schedule this fall with the Replacement shows...

I have like the few episodes of it I have watched Rinkrat, but it always has came on the same times as other shows I TIVO so I never got into it... I tried to watch it online, but the 10 minute segment BS NBC.com does just chaps my ass...they can't be like the others and show them in their entirety.

roseman

EOG Dedicated

bummer about Vegas. I know they probably ran out of stories to tell, but the talent on that show was unbelievable.

dirty

EOG Master

It was just now getting good again...Maybe USA Network will pick it up at least so we can find out about Delinda's baby and why Coop was not on the plane that crashed.... Or at the least they can give us a 2 hour movie to wrap things up

It was just now getting good again...Maybe USA Network will pick it up at least so we can find out about Delinda's baby and why Coop was not on the plane that crashed.... Or at the least they can give us a 2 hour movie to wrap things up

Yeah, I think a movie would be a nice idea. I think they should even consider doing a box office movie so we could see some nudity in it of the "talent".

dirty

EOG Master

Yeah, I think a movie would be a nice idea. I think they should even consider doing a box office movie so we could see some nudity in it of the "talent".

You got that right....Sam naked would be worth the Price of admission :party

roseman

EOG Dedicated

I would pay for that show!
Maybe even get Sam in a girl girl with Delinda. She certainly is 'dirty' one!

NickPappagiorgio

EOG Dedicated

Its a shame that Las Vegas got cancelled, I really liked Tom Sellecks character. It would be nice for someone else to pick it up, it actually got some decent ratings. As for the talent, there was always eye candy on each episode.