NBA LOCK OF THE YEAR-INSIDE INFO INSIDE- FREE$$$$$

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
Re: NBA LOCK OF THE YEAR-INSIDE INFO INSIDE- FREE$$$$$

He was confident the line would move, it did, am I missing something here?

Best Wishes...OF :smokesmal :rolleyes:

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

again OMNIVEROUS FROG... i applaud him for tryin to help...thanks shrink...

he is a good guy, and bets do lose...THIS IS FUCKING GAMBLING...

but you dont admit someone respected who says "INSIDE INFO" is a tad different than other situations...

BEST WISHES....PM

He had inside info the line would move, it did. I see your point but when he talks in secret code like hype it is merely presenting an opportunity of an upcoming move, not that the Bobcats are a great play. Tough crowd no doubt. All I can say for sure was he meant well and tried to share some good info.

Best Wishes...OF :cheers

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

OMNIVEROUS...BEST WISHES BUD!!!:cheers

Same to you of course. I feel for you, no doubt. Hey I got on this same lamefuck team in front of a 10 point move and they lost by 23. So believe me, I know how you feel.

Best Wishes...oF :cheers

BeBop

EOG Member

My 2 cents:

In business ethics, one of the questions you are taught to ask is:

Is it balanced?
Is it fair to all parties concerned both in the short-term as well as the long-term? Is this a win-win situation for those directly as well as indirectly involved?

It seems to me that what Shrink did wasn't right because this is a public forum. Not everyone who comes here knows Shrink and his motives or his gambling practices. I think he was trying to help, but the way in which he went about it wasn't helpful to some.

prymetyme6

EOG Addicted

haha...awesome bebop...im also takin business ethics right now senior year at University of Florida....RESPECT BUDDY...

prymetyme6

EOG Addicted

so wait...omniverous...he posted this just because he knew the line would move and +3 and +2 is better value than the +1 people would get later....

he didnt really believe the bobcats would come out storming?? he just knew his +3 would be good value....

if this is the reason then FUCK ME!!! i dont give a shit about 1 fuckin basket...

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

My 2 cents:

In business ethics, one of the questions you are taught to ask is:

Is it balanced?
Is it fair to all parties concerned both in the short-term as well as the long-term? Is this a win-win situation for those directly as well as indirectly involved?

It seems to me that what Shrink did wasn't right because this is a public forum. Not everyone who comes here knows Shrink and his motives or his gambling practices. I think he was trying to help, but the way in which he went about it wasn't helpful to some.

Very good point. To me it is about intent. He runs a public forum, tried to hype up and have some fun on an upcoiming move he was privy to. His intent was to help. It backfired, badly. For once in my posting career, I feel sorry for him. You ever try to help someone out and have them blast you afterwards? He is probably just shaking his head right now, thinking what went wrong. Answer me this? Do you think it was his intent to have everyone that followed him on lesser numbers lose? To make everyone angry at him? I just don't see that. Cut the guy some slack, all he did in my eyes was try to help.

tool21

EOG Dedicated

There's many things he coulda been doing.

1. Value play. If he knew a +2 would turn into a PK. But i wouldn't call this a play of the year.

2. Middle play. He knew a fellow tout/syndicate was going to kill Charlotte meaning he would have a good middle.

3. He just wanted you guys to bet on the line so he could bet NYK and have better value!

4. His sponsers who are paying for this forum cut a deal with him and told him to hype one said so people would get murdered.

I'd go with either 1 or 2. Probably 2.

RealSlimShady

EOG Dedicated

Couple of things:

1) Most every pick Shrink puts on here is a "lock"... Its basically a tongue in cheek comment that everyone uses now. I doubt if he had more than 2x what he has on any wager this year. Same when some of our posters say "Lock City!" or "Backup the truck!". It's all tongue in cheek.

2) I'd expect this number of replies if his play lost by 50... But not only did it almost win outright (missed the last shot), but it pushed.

3) I imagine Ken isn't exactly thrilled himself that he missed the 3's and 2.5's that were out there early.

4) 2 in basketball ain't much different than the 3 in foots... If Ken posted a "lock of the year" of the Giants +3 and all that was available is +2.5 by the time you get to it, I'd certainly think twice.

5) I took the game this afternoon at +2 -105... At 3pm I checked and +2 +100 was available... Plenty of time to get down on this one at the number he posted.

All in all... Any of you that have asked Ken what he feels about a game knows that he truly wants everyone to win and truly feels bad when someone doesn't get the line he does. He's likely already pissed that he didn't get the +2.5, you guys piling on because you missed the number he gave really isn't fair.

Best post on this whole subject, imo.....:cheers

prymetyme6

EOG Addicted

TOOL....ur saying he posted this just because he knew the line would move and +3 and +2 is better value than the +1 people would get later....

he didnt really believe the bobcats would come out storming?? he just knew his +3 would be good value....

if this is the reason then FUCK ME!!! i dont give a shit about 1 fuckin basket...

tool21

EOG Dedicated

I don't think....no way do you hype a play of the year over just a 1-2 point value move. I'm sure he has his reason. I'm curious myself.

Obviously he knew somebody was betting it hard. It's just a question of whether he wanted us to bet that same side or try to middle. Only way we find out is if he comes on and says.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

so wait...omniverous...he posted this just because he knew the line would move and +3 and +2 is better value than the +1 people would get later....

No, you get the original order or pass. I get the same question in my thread all the time, hey Frog it moved now what? I call it sitting at the dock of the bay. You wait for the next one. Some of us call it chasing numbers. And the most important lesson of all, get the best number. I think he had +2, that is what he released, it was available at the time, probably the desired order. I don't know for sure, ask him if he has not started drinking again after this.

BeBop

EOG Member

Frog,
I agree that Shrink's intent was good. I'm guessing he'll do it differently next time.

aceduecetrey

EOG Addicted

I would hate it if I had a line 2 points better than where it closed on every single game. God the headaches that would bring with all the with w/d issues and getting your money back home. I for one think it is bullshit also that Shrink did this for you people. ( I was sleeping thank god!)

prymetyme6

EOG Addicted

omniverous....the point is...from reading the title, i actually believed the bobcats would come out storming...not that +2.5 or +2 would be better value than what it would close at...

i think with shrinks posting, and the title thread and the "trust me"...that was because he knew +2 was good value??

Omniverous?? can you see from all he wrote how we could think he had a good reason to think they would come out and dominate..

i mean for god sakes they were down by 18.. :( noone had any reason to cover...

best wishes OMNIVEROUS.

This is one of the easiest weeks to make money in the NBA, IMHO...

There are certain teams who have given up and there will be players who will be sitting out...

It will be a race for information and I believe I can provide more winners than losers for this forum IF you listen to my advice and forgive my use of th word, "LOCK."

After this next week of games is over, I am done betting until Football for the most part...

So my question to some of you who are upset is do we end now?

Or shall I continue for this one week only without use of the "L" word for which I am deeply sorry that some of u didnt get???

It's your forum and your call..

Have a good night,

Ken

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Frog,
I agree that Shrink's intent was good. I'm guessing he'll do it differently next time.

I have warned The Shrink about hype, locks and so, as he creates an unrealistic belief in the statement. He meant well, and set himself up to fail if something bad happened, like exactly what did happen. Some of us old timers know he is just building excitement, but some others do not. Without a doubt he will tone it down next time and try and make it up to you. The members are his lifeblood here, he knows that and I would bet anything next time will be different. He sort of fucked up, we all do. As long as he tries to make up for it and learns from it I don't think a public hanging is in order. The Shrink and I have had legendary battles, some nasty ones. But I can't roast him here. And one thing I can vouch for him for sure, he really cares about his forum members. I have to go, but better luck everyone.

I would say that anytime you are given information to make a bet at +2 when a game ends up at PK after that, then it's good information. What you do with it is up to you. If you end up only getting +1.5, then you need the sense to think twice about it - if you lose by that hook, it's on you. And also if it goes down to PK and you want to middle it, then it's your decision to do it or not.

At least The Shrink's info -tried- to get people something here. It's hard enough getting info on a game you can bet where you end up having 2 points higher in your hand then what it closes at. You may or may not win with it, but it gets you in the driver's seat.

This is one of the easiest weeks to make money in the NBA, IMHO...

There are certain teams who have given up and there will be players who will be sitting out...

It will be a race for information and I believe I can provide more winners than losers for this forum IF you listen to my advice and forgive my use of th word, "LOCK."

After this next week of games is over, I am done betting until Football for the most part...

So my question to some of you who are upset is do we end now?

Or shall I continue for this one week only without use of the "L" word for which I am deeply sorry that some of u didnt get???

It's your forum and your call..

Have a good night,

Ken

I vote for continuing. We need more locks. And we need NBA playoff picks also - you can't be done betting until football after this week. You just can't be. And how about some baseball plays? What happened to the "one little doggie"'s we'd get sometimes? And I'm sure we're all looking forward to Kentucky Derby thoughts as well. Locks, locks, and more locks.

No, you get the original order or pass. I get the same question in my thread all the time, hey Frog it moved now what? I call it sitting at the dock of the bay. You wait for the next one. Some of us call it chasing numbers. And the most important lesson of all, get the best number. I think he had +2, that is what he released, it was available at the time, probably the desired order. I don't know for sure, ask him if he has not started drinking again after this.

"Order"?

You act like you have heard that word before Froggy. :cheers

(You taking after your best friend RAINBOW?)

prymetyme6

EOG Addicted

shrink...appreciate your response and i know your here to help...just bein sour cause i lost 1500 on something i thought u were very fuckin confident on...

all good ..thanks bye.

I appreciate some of the constructive feedback...

However, some people don't know how to use the information I provide or worse yet, others are insinuating that I had some alterior motive to manipulate the line tonight...

Since that has been said more than once on here, I see no need to release any more NBA plays these next 7 days...

My Friends know that my intent is to be helpful...

I have no more desire to do this right now..

THE SHRINK

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

"Order"?

You act like you have heard that word before Froggy. :cheers

(You taken after your best friend RAINBOW?)

You two kissed and made up. I flamed him until he left. I don't have friends that act like that. If they do, they are not my friends. In fact, I wrath of Frog on them for social justice. In case you have not noticed.

There was a time when BW was really rolling, all the pagers beeped, we were merely order takers. Was a once in a lifetime experience. I'll share some war stories over a cold one someday. This Malbec is tasty.

prymetyme6

EOG Addicted

not once did i say that you were trying to manipulate the line...

all i was trying to find out was why you were so confident and then i realized it was because you knew youd be getting a favorable line change...

my bickering was trying to find out why you were so confident in the bobcats...not that much to ask...

i know your motives are good, and appreciate your picks and your site..hope you werent talkin about me, because i never questioned that you were trying to help...

wideopen21

EOG Addicted

I am not sure what is more pathetic.

Those people that blindly follow shrink. Or those people that blindly defend shrink.

Tonight, I can associate myself with column A, but managed to get +2. :cheers

i bet the bad number.

i bet the game without anyone holding a gun to my head.

i am pissed at myself. NOT KEN.

thanks for posting the game. keep 'em coming!

just to tell you what a great night i have had .......... i backed up my Bobcats (fuck they suck balls) +1.5 and then again at pk with..... Spurs.

fucking donkey.

prymetyme6

EOG Addicted

I am not sure what is more pathetic.

Those people that blindly follow shrink. Or those people that blindly defend shrink.

Tonight, I can associate myself with column A, but managed to get +2. :cheers

great post...he really is just a guy..just like you and me...and noone really has good inside information...in gambling anything can fuckin happen, thats why i always hate when i sometimes listen to someone else...because fuck that...noone really knos whats gonna happen...

my rule is always to just use my own thoughts and never listen to anyone else...sadly i got caught up believing that the shrink knew the bobcats were gonna come out firing ..

i have myself to blame...

You two kissed and made up. I flamed him until he left. I don't have friends that act like that. If they do, they are not my friends. In fact, I wrath of Frog on them for social justice. In case you have not noticed.

There was a time when BW was really rolling, all the pagers beeped, we were merely order takers. Was a once in a lifetime experience. I'll share some war stories over a cold one someday. This Malbec is tasty.

He thinks I am somebody that I am not. (What new? He thinks he has all the answers)

Ironically, I know the guy he is referring too. (Very small world)

Just playing along since he backed off a little. (I just dont have the next level Froggy in me)

I would love to hear your stories. I bugged a mutual friend of ours to death with questions after I found out he "knew some folks". I finally got the picture when he said "You sure do ask alot of questions, don't you?"

I love to hear about "it".

Til then....:cheers

great post...he really is just a guy..just like you and me...and noone really has good inside information...in gambling anything can fuckin happen, thats why i always hate when i sometimes listen to someone else...because fuck that...noone really knos whats gonna happen...

my rule is always to just use my own thoughts and never listen to anyone else...sadly i got caught up believing that the shrink knew the bobcats were gonna come out firing ..

i have myself to blame...

I knew there would be a major line move in our favor. At this time of year, that's more significant than anything else I can fit into a post...

I feel your pain...

THE SHRINK

RonDog2

EOG Member

if you can't afford to lose, you can't afford to gamble. And it sounds like some of you guys are betting more than you should

The Shrink gave you people free info and it's up to you to follow it or not follow it. Next time, make your own picks. I been lurking for awhile and it's the same blah blah blah. Be happy you can speak your mind here, you'd been banned at rx for givin it to ace-ace in this manner
Least The Shrink is man enough to take it

My beef with this pick is the way Shrink sold it.......

saying it is a lock of the year
inside info
trust me
free money

If it was any other regular poster they would be severely ambushed and humiliated.

If Shrink has said something like a "strong winner" or something to that nature than most guys can decide to follow or not play. But when you word it so powerful you will attract alot of players that may not normally play it but will have to consider because they feel they will lose an opportunity to make some "quaranteed" cash.

It's all about the wording...............

I didn't know the frequency of +3 in NFL (10%) and +2 in NBA (4%) were that alike. +2 in NBA isn't even the most frequent hitting line like +3 it is in NFL.

The point I was making was that its a KEY NUMBER. If Shrink gave Charlotte +17 and it moved to +16.5, I wouldn't think twice about still taking it.

I appreciate some of the constructive feedback...

However, some people don't know how to use the information I provide or worse yet, others are insinuating that I had some alterior motive to manipulate the line tonight...

Since that has been said more than once on here, I see no need to release any more NBA plays these next 7 days...

My Friends know that my intent is to be helpful...

I have no more desire to do this right now..

THE SHRINK

Shrink, this is your forum and your reputation.

Because of tonight's play which we all know you may not feel very proud of due to the outcome, you can redeem yourself by helping the less knowledable players in your forum with your wisdom for the remaining NBA season like you originally planned..........

Just because one or two posters makes some comments, which I don't blame you, that you feel was uncalled for, you should still do what's best for your reputation and for this forum (helping when you can).

Even though I lost the last two plays given by you, you are still highly respected otherwise I personally would not be in this forum. I've been with you since 2003. I may not be a everyday poster but I'm here everyday.

Just my opinion!

prymetyme6

EOG Addicted

If Shrink has said something like a "strong winner" or something to that nature than most guys can decide to follow or not play. But when you word it so powerful you will attract alot of players that may not normally play it but will have to consider because they feel they will lose an opportunity to make some "quaranteed" cash.

It's all about the wording...............

exactly....oh well...:cheers

shrink did have good intentions tho....just would like my 1500 lol...all good.

exactly....oh well...:cheers

shrink did have good intentions tho....just would like my 1500 lol...all good.

Hey buddy, I'm in the same boat...........only difference is I lost slightly less than you.

CHARLIEPEETE

EOG Dedicated

i went to bed at half time and just read most of these posts...........i had +2.5.........thanks shrink for th e heads up........i feel sorry for the guy that had ny -3...........lol................

keep them coming...............:dancefool