Would you support your child if they were...

homosexual?

If Lil Johnny came home with a boyfriend what would you do?

Or if you caught Lil Sarah going down on her lil girlfriend during a sleepover?

(16-17 year olds)

I, for one, would be slightly disappointed. But, it wouldn't change how much I love my son.

How bout you guys and gals?

Blondie

EOG Master
Re: Would you support your child if they were...

I agree OSU I would be disappointed, but at the same time he/she would still be my child and I would still love them. What would be the point in getting mad? It would not change anything...

i'm just 23 but i do have an opinion. I don't know what i would do, i guess i would have to support them but i would tell he/she that they need to keep it in the closet until they move out. As i don't want my reputation as a bad parent for unable to keep them going in the right direction.

aceduecetrey

EOG Addicted

I would have a hard time if my son was gay and I would blame myself, but I would still love him.

*I do not have kids, but I think that is how I would feel*

Ace

EOG Veteran

homosexual?

(16-17 year olds)

I, for one, would be slightly disappointed. But, it wouldn't change how much I love my son.

How bout you guys and gals?
i'd kick my sons ass

if it was my daughter i'd tape it for home videos

in reality

i'd be disappointed but it wouldn't change my feelings for my son or daughter

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

I would support my kids no matter what, like a good father should. Like I already do. Like my father did for me. No gays yet in the Frog family tree, but would not bother me that much. A lot worse things than that to worry about.

Best Wishes...OF :smokesmal

I would support my kids no matter what, like a good father should. Like I already do. Like my father did for me. Not gays yet in the Frog family tree, but whould not bother me that much. A lot worse things than that to worry about.

I couldnt agree more!

dirty

EOG Master

I don't know why it would disappoint anyone... They are still the same kid you have loved all these years. Nothing has changed. You love the person they are and that should not be clouded or change by who they love. I believe Homosexuality is genetic in most people (Molestation, etc when younger makes some go that way cause that is all they know). I believe it is genetic because you can't help who you are attracted to. Just as some Men/women like Blonde's, Brunettes, redheads, girls with big asses, etc... There are just some traits you always keep going back to in a person you are sexually attracted to.

Like me.. I have always dated Brunettes in serious relationships (ex wife was a brunnette) ...I have dated Blonde's, Redheads, etc... But just could not develop feelings past friends, late night booty call, or Fuck Friends. I can't explain it...

As a Parent if it changes the way you feel about your kids then you are the one who needs to look in the mirror. Happiness and success is all you would want for your kids. It is not up to you to decide or dictate what makes your kids happy. They are their own Individual. I don't understand Homophobic behavior. It is hard for me to comprehend. I have gay/lesbian friends and I would trust them with my kids at any time. I have a Uncle who is gay and you would never know it unless you were told. He is openly gay as well just like all my friends who are. I donate every year to the Gay/Lesbian Walkathon Held at Piedmont Park in Atlanta every year to my buds that walk in it to raise money. If it were my Son/Daughter I would support even More most likely.

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

I would support my kids no matter what, like a good father should. Like I already do. Like my father did for me. No gays yet in the Frog family tree, but would not bother me that much. A lot worse things than that to worry about.

wow, an OF post that i agree with.......

sharp post

rayray

EOG Dedicated

i dont have kids and am not married, but this is how i see it....wouldnt stop loving or taking care of my kid. however, the only way my kid would have another gay over is if they were doing homework or watching tv or something out in the open where me or the wife could make sure they werent fgaging off. there will be no homo sex going on under my roof unless it involves me with 2 hot lesbo chicks. is this too much to ask??

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

Dont think most parents approve of their kids having sex in their house, no matter whether its "homo sex" as you put it, or normal straight sex.....when kids are still of age to be living at home, i think most parent prefer them to stay out in the open, and not behind closed doors

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!

Still would love him just as much, no probably more because he will need that extra support. It can not be as easy functioning in this world if you are gay.

NickPappagiorgio

EOG Dedicated

My son could do whatever he wants. If he comes home and tells me he wants to date men, I would accept it and move on. Its no big deal to me. If someone can make you happy, be with them, regardless of sex.

Brock

EOG Dedicated

I would run him right down to the Mall and buy him a eighteen
year old hooker, just in case he didn't know what he was missing.
If he still looked to the rear I would support him. Parents are the
only form of support a child has. A child looks to his parents for
trust and support and that should not be broken.

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

Good morning, class.(How did I get such a bunch of idiots for students?)
First of all, children, only come in 2 varieties, boys and girls, or male and female. So yes, parents should always support/love their children.
On the other hand, homosexuality is a behavior, an action, and one of the primary responsibilities of parenting is to inculcate the proper moral code into their children. We started to address this in the "cheerleaders pummel another cheerleader" thread. So my answer is "NO", I would not support homosexual behavior from my children, just like I would not support any kind of wrong/immoral behavior.
But I would not be too quick to blame any parents for the homosexual behavior of their children. Sadly, in this day and age, kids are bombarded with mixed messages from many sources other than their parents. For instance, a child can not be given a Tylenol without their parents' permission, but yet they can be given a condom or even an abortion without even notifying those same parents.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Oh God, pun intended, the site's religious right is here to foist his moral majority opinion down our throats with his I am superior to you infidels in every way shape or form, because we are just a bunch of pagan idiots.

As usual, your condescending religious better than thou drivel is not even worth discussing. Why don't you take your air of superiority and blow it out you ass pioneer? Again, why are you here?

Soon to Burn in Hell...OF :newsmile055:

Journeyman

EOG Master

'supporting' it and accepting it are a little different....either way how does one not accept their own child?

too much is made of sexual preference in this world, what about the many losers who can't get sex either way, are they any better, worse or indifferent? What about the actual ability to have sex, lol...why not judge that as well...it's all stupid to even think for a second who is having sex with who or what.

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

Nice rebuttal, OF(lead idiot)....Oh God is not a pun, by the way. I do have to commend you on your decision not to engage me in discussion(discretion is the better part of valor). I can not help it that I am right....much like the one eyed man who is king in the land of the blind, I am much like Solomon in this intellectually bereft forum.

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

By any definition, it's still not a pun. You keep me very busy correcting your mistakes...in fact, being mistaken is your essence, Oblivious Frog!

I don't know if disappointed is the feeling, but I'm sure inside I wouldn't be thinking this is the greatest thing in the world. But, If my son or daughter has realized that they are gay and that is who they are, hell I'll march in the parade, welcome their partner in my home just as I would if the opposite sex, and will always be there for them.

I have 2 sons and a daughter, and I will never stop loving them, or being there for them regardless of what they do or don't do. I may not always be happy with their choices, like if they robbed a bank (choice) being gay (not a choice). But I/we love them unconditionally.

Pioneer, your opinion, is your opinion, but keep in mind, a true Christian which I believe I am one is tolerent, loving, forgiving, and tries their best to not be judgemental.

Would be tough to deal with at first, but would love my kid just the same.

Like OSU pointed out, it could be a lot worse. Would rather him be gay than be a mass murderer, rapist or child molester.

I would only hope that me and my kid will have a good enough relationship when he gets older that he'll talk openly to me about what's going on in his life.

I didn't have a father I could talk to about serious issues, because he's ALWAYS RIGHT and quick to criticize any opinion that he remotely disagrees with.

If I were gay, he would have disowned me. No doubt about it

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Even a bunch of pagan idiots deserve a better spokesman than the Obnoxious Frog.

Unlike you, official self appointed spokeperson for the hypocritical religious right, I am merely another member posting his opinion. I don't place myself on a pedestal above others. Or address other members in a condescending manner to compensate for my lack of self esteem. Keep up the good fight pioneer. Maybe you are here because on a forum full of pioneers it would be a constant I am holier than thou battle.

Religious zealots are pushy fucks...OF :finger004

homosexual?

In the case of LIl' Johnny, kick him out of the house.

In the case of LIl' Sarah, rush to get the camera.

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

Unlike you, official self appointed spokeperson for the hypocritical religious right, I am merely another member posting his opinion. I don't place myself on a pedestal above others. Or address other members in a condescending manner to compensate for my lack of self esteem. Keep up the good fight pioneer. Maybe you are here because on a forum full of pioneers it would be a constant I am holier than thou battle.

Religious zealots are pushy fucks...OF :finger004

But that's precisely the point, I most certainly did not appoint myself spokeman for any religious movement. I never mentioned religion. You appointted me. So you're wrong again, gee what a shocker!
And since I'm illuminating your mistakes, here's what you said in your first (non)reply to me...
"the site's religious right is here to foist his moral majority opinion down our throats with his I am superior to you infidels in every way shape or form"
....but here's what I actually said...
"So my answer is "NO", I would not support homosexual behavior from my children, just like I would not support any kind of wrong/immoral behavior."
....now that isn't foisting my opinion down anyone's throat, by any definition, so gee, you're wrong again froggy!

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Pioneer, would you consider humility and modesty Christian values or beliefs?

What about inclusiveness, equality, forgiveness or unconditional love for all?

Best Wishes...OF :+clueless

pioneer - what is the basis for your statement that homosexuality is "wrong" or "immoral?" Look forward to your response, sir.