POLL: BIGGEST SPORTS COLLAPSE EVER

POLL: BIGGEST SPORTS COLLAPSE EVER

• Total voters
Was gonna post this the other night with Memphis losing to Kansas on Monday night, but wanted to wait a few days

Re: POLL: BIGGEST SPORTS COLLAPSE EVER

'86 Boston Red Sox Game 6 for me

Yankees up 3-0 and losing 4 straight to the Red Sox a close 2nd

djefferis

EOG Veteran

Hard to compare the various team sports against each other, and impossible vs an individual. Houston deserves to be up there for effort vs the Bills..Cubs for allowing the Miracle Mets to happen is probably the most forgotten on (outside of Chicago).

To me the Indians folding last year was horrible. Does it make top 5 all time chokes, no..but it was bad. New England blowing the perfect season probably deserves to be on this list too.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Memphis doesn't belong on this list not do the 1986 Sox

I voted for Van de Velde

heck they had his name engraved on the trophy already. all he had to do was play it safe and a double bogey i believe STILL would have won him the Open. to choke like that on the 72nd hole when all ya needed to do was NOT "F it up" and then go out and "F it up" more than Peter North ever did is inexcusable

in TEAM sports many people contribute to a "choke" but for one person to dominate thru 71 then blow it so badly on the 72nd hole is the worst

Yankees up 3-0 in 94 ALCS has to be it. No team had ever losr a 3-0 lead.

Then it had to be Van de Velde, it was like watching the end of Tin Cup, made me sick watching it. Except it wasn't a movie.

Journeyman

EOG Master

Yankees 1984, biggest series collapse, never been done before or since.

Red Sox collapse in 1978 would be high on the list for season collapse.

and for baseball historians, the 1964 Phillies.

Forgot all about the '78 Red Sox. So much has happened between those 2 teams since then, it seems

Bucky Dent and the corked bat LOL

'78 sox

I was tripping on LSD when buckner bobbled that ball
earlier in the day I had been at the penn state 20-3 victory over bama in bama (both undefeated)

PSU and Mets fan
great sports day

DrunkHorseplayer

EOG Addicted

2004 Yanks; never done before in the 100+ year history of baseball and probably won't be for another 100 years.

d ray

EOG Dedicated

i can't believe more have not voted for the mets last september.
biggest collapse ever IMO, although jean van de velde is a pretty close 2nd.

I'm surprised I'm the only damn one who voted for Game 6 in the 1986 World Series. Has it lost it's luster over the years???

Actually, you guys are probably right about the 2004 ALCS, sunce the Yanks did lose 4 games in a row, as Drunk pointed out, we'll probably never see that again in our lifetimes

I'm surprised I'm the only damn one who voted for Game 6 in the 1986 World Series. Has it lost it's luster over the years???

***Two recent world series titles helps diminish it!***

It was a managerial choke of not pulling Schraldi and especially not making a change at first (was never Buckner's ""fault"", if he's not on that Sox team that year, they're never in that position to begin with). He (Buckner) actually started the 1986 ALCS game 5 rally.

Most true sports fans realize this:p

Where does the Lakers collapse last night rank next to these??

Poll re-opened BTW

Greg Norman. I watched in awe as each of thoise 6 shots disappeared - painful. He handed Faldo that green jacket on a silver patter.