No teasing, no drama: One Strong NBA Pick for MONDAY NIGHT...

NEW YORK KNICKS + 7 1/2 VS. BOSTON CELTICS...

This is the 5th game in 7 nights for Boston who has NOTHING to play for...

Meanwhile the Knicks are playing much better since Donnie Walsh took over as their new President about a week ago...

Many of the Knicks are playing for their starting positions and careers.

Walsh has talked regularly with Thomas since the two sat down for the first time Thursday. Walsh is spending most of his time discussing players and said he is watching these final meaningless games to see "who competes and who doesn't ... That's what I'm looking for.

For his final act, Isiah Thomas directed a rarity this season: a long, hard practice. And afterward, he praised his thespians for a spirited performance on the fourth-to-last day of the season. "They really came out and busted their tails today," he said.

Walsh mingled with players and reminded them he plans to speak with each Thursday, the day after the season finale against the Pacers in Indiana.

Source: Newsday...Under Walsh's gaze, Knicks put in hard practice -- Newsday.com

Best of Luck,

THE SHRINK

Last edited:

Journeyman

EOG Master
Re: No teasing, no drama: One Strong NBA Pick for MONDAY NIGHT...

Boston resting people I would think...and nothing to play for as mentioned above.

prymetyme6

EOG Addicted

Gl shrink...i cant touch this, the knicks suck...but i see your reasoning...im feelin my heat with 17.5...lot of points for this time of the year...

Which is rated higher?

A "millenium" pick or a "no teasing/no drama" pick?

I've read a lot of the literature on both.

This handicapping is so hard.

I would tend to AGREE with this pick.

Now let me just say I still think this is a little risky (see Boston vs Char, Atlanta similar circumstances), but overall a much better pick than Dallas giving 11.5 on the road also with nothing to play for.

I happen to be a Knicks fan, not some homer that bets on them every week because I realize they do suck, although I have made some money on their team totals and fading them... IF they can play fired up, I think they can cover against Bostons bench. IF Boston lets their starters play a half or close to it, the Knicks MUST win the 2nd half...

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

I am not betting against Boston in meaningless games, nor thier bench for the rest of 2008 regular season.

Best Wishes...OF :rolleyes:

Now this play looks more like a winner than yesterday's "public" Dallas pick.

I really like this one............:bank:

I am not betting against Boston in meaningless games, nor thier bench for the rest of 2008 regular season.

Best Wishes...OF :rolleyes:
What's that old saying, fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice.... well, you'll never fool me again? :cocktail

Junior

EOG Veteran

Shrink, you are forgetting something. BOSTON'S Bench can beat the Knick's starters by 15 easily.

Junior,

When FREE AGENTS are in the last year of their contracts, they often play better...

While I am not arguing that even Boston's Bench is pretty darn good, some of these KNICKS are playing for their careers...

7 1/2 points is too many to give a hungry team of players at HOME in their last game of the season...

Boston will be trying to avoid injuries, whereas this is like the SUPER BOWL of sorts for the Knicks..

There is nothing BIGGER left for them this year to try and accomplish, imho...

An outright win would not shock me either...

THE SHRINK

BigDaddy

EOG Master

LOL! shrink the line was +6.5 as you posted it to begin with and the # moved against you so you come in and edit your post to +7.5 an hour later

can i call matchbook up and ask them to void my +6.5 bet and then rebet it at +7.5:+clueless

i bet this before you ever released it as i read on various forums last night and this morning players might rest for boston so i thought i would take a little new york and see what happens

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><th colspan="5">Pro Basketball</th></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>Boston at New York</td><td>Point Spread</td><td>New York 6.5</td><td align="right">-107</td><td align="right">535.00</td><td style="color: green;" align="right">499.99</td></tr></tbody></table>

i havent made any posts here for a long time as the site is getting silly and it seems to be geting worse day by day as you have really must have lost it to start doing stuff like that?

have a good day dont expect any replies from me i just wanted to point out the obvious

you should be setting an example for your posters on posting plays shrink and by editing your own pick threads that just leaves a bad example for others to follow

where is that OSU cowboys he rips on people not posting WA lines lets see if he rips you for this?

you could at least put reason edited line moved to +7.5 about 30 minutes after i posted +6.5

posters really need to wake up on this site and pay attention:cheers

Tuckman

Uh Poster

LOL! shrink the line was +6.5 as you posted it to begin with and the # moved against you so you come in and edit your post to +7.5 an hour later

can i call matchbook up and ask them to void my +6.5 bet and then rebet it at +7.5:+clueless

i bet this before you ever released it as i read on various forums last night and this morning players might rest for boston so i thought i would take a little new york and see what happens

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TH colSpan=5>Pro Basketball</TH></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD>Boston at New York</TD><TD>Point Spread</TD><TD>New York 6.5</TD><TD align=right>-107</TD><TD align=right>535.00</TD><TD style="COLOR: green" align=right>499.99</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

i havent made any posts here for a long time as the site is getting silly and it seems to be geting worse day by day as you have really must have lost it to start doing stuff like that?

have a good day dont expect any replies from me i just wanted to point out the obvious

you should be setting an example for your posters on posting plays shrink and by editing your own pick threads that just leaves a bad example for others to follow

where is that OSU cowboys he rips on people not posting WA lines lets see if he rips you for this?

you could at least put reason edited line moved to +7.5 about 30 minutes after i posted +6.5

welcome back :cheers

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TH colSpan=5>Pro Basketball</TH></TR><TR class=evenrow><TD>Boston at New York</TD><TD>Point Spread</TD><TD>New York 6.5</TD><TD align=right>-107</TD><TD align=right>535.00</TD><TD style="COLOR: green" align=right>499.99</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

OSU is right here Big Daddy. How the hell ya been? I just got back in town from a weekend of baseball in Arlington. (Go Jays!!)

I agree. If the number he posted was +6.5 it whould have been left there. No tout-like changes should be allowed.

Change it back Kenny. (+6.5 will be a winner anyhow)

:+thumbs-1

Oh please...

I also edited since it would be stupid to mislead posters to take 6 1/2 when 7 1/2's popped almost everywhere shortly after the post...

For scoring purposes, I'll count it at 6 1/2...

Are you happier now? :finger004

Oh please...

I also edited since it would be stupid to mislead posters to take 6 1/2 when 7 1/2's popped shortly after the post...

Thanks for clearing that up , BOL :cheers

Thanks for clearing that up , BOL :cheers

No problem...:cheers

I am trying to be helpful and I am not selling anything...

I just wouldn't want some bonehead to take a 6 1/2 when they can do much better than I did...:dancefool

Excuse me, lol...

Best of Luck to all,

THE SHRINK

royboy

EOG Dedicated

:LMAO

good to see you posting bigdaddy

And of course Kenny comes back immediately and does the right thing.

Anything else he needs to do Big Daddy?

BigDaddy

EOG Master

Oh please...

I also edited since it would be stupid to mislead posters to take 6 1/2 when 7 1/2's popped almost everywhere shortly after the post...

it was about 30 minutes i dont call that shortly?

cris

• 04/14/2008 11:42AM: -6.5 -110 / +6.5 -110
  • 04/14/2008 12:10PM: -7 -110 / +7 -110
greek

• 04/14/2008 11:40AM: -6.5 -105 / +6.5 -115
  • 04/14/2008 12:08PM: -7.5 -110 / +7.5 -110

thats not my point but like the above poster said thanks for clearing that up:LMAO

Good Luck with the play as i do hope it wins and i also hope it moves in our favor sometime today:cheers

Ken was making his offshore bones releasing winners on AOL, prior to TheRX , before most of you had computers! Lay off. :+whipping

Thanks Ken.

Big Daddy,

I also got the worst of the number as of now...

You are one of my favorite posters and I usually respect what you say...

I wouldn't be surprised if the number comes back and I even bet more with the new line of + 7 1/2and even 8...

Can I count that too as long as I time stamp it for later? :LMAO

Tim Patterson

EOG Dedicated

For what it's worth, I played this number today at +7 not knowing Ken had posted this pick. I am the first to admit my one big worry is that the Celtics bench will outplay the Knicks starters.
Still, I felt that getting 7 at home against a team trying to just stay healthy for the playoffs was a good gamble. When it moved to 7 1/2 I hit it again.

Good luck to all.

Tim

For what it's worth, I played this number today at +7 not knowing Ken had posted this pick. I am the first to admit my one big worry is that the Celtics bench will outplay the Knicks starters.
Still, I felt that getting 7 at home against a team trying to just stay healthy for the playoffs was a good gamble. When it moved to 7 1/2 I hit it again.

Good luck to all.

Tim

Thank goodness. The Betting Fool is back!

The game have hit my TV!! Knicks-Celtics!

Knicks with five starters, and the Celtics with two starters and three guys from the Greater Boston Sanitation Department. (That may be an exaggeration.)

Haven't watched a Knicks game in awhile, but Walt Frazier still dressing like a white golfer from the '70's.

Junior,

7 1/2 points is too many to give a hungry team of players at HOME in their last game of the season...

THE SHRINK

I remember your Oddsmaker.com article about how the last home game means a lot to these teams!

Many of the Knicks are playing for their starting positions and careers.

THE SHRINK

Call me dumb but I don't get this reasoning.
If I were a team official for any team, I am looking
at how players play during the whole season not
just the last couple of games.
In fact if they play all out the last couple but not the
whole year then I wouldn't sign em for free.
I would call em out in every media outlet in the nation.

I am not as amused as you appear to be...:finger004
What's amusing is if the Boston stars were all OUT again and everyone knew with 1000% certainty ahead of time the Knicks would still be dogs at home.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

What an ending. Celts up 6 with less than 10 to go hit two ft's to go up 8 and knicks got a layup with a couple of secs remaining to cover. Nice call Shrink. A win is a win.

Lucky cover, meaningless uncontested layup as time expires..

Knicks could not even beat a bunch of guys that some of which haven't broken a meaningful sweat all year...