Should gay couples be allowed....

Journeyman

EOG Master
Re: Should gay couples be allowed....

great question...I would have to say NO!

just isn't fair to the child IMO.

I think that there are just same same number of healthy "gay" relationships as there are "straight" ones.

If it is a healthy environment, (i.e. great communication skills, unconditional love and support, etc) who cares if it is two males or 2 females raising the child?

For the record, I have NO PROBLEM with it.

texansfan

EOG Master

NO. I don't consider a gay relatioship to be "healthy". If two gay people want to live together then that's fine. I just believe children should be left out of it.

Journeyman

EOG Master

Why do you think it is not fair?

Just my opinion, I would not want to gay parents...think of how the kid will be teased....it's not a natural situation, of course being gay has nothing to do with beinga quality person or not but this is different this is raising a child, which is hard enough in a normal setting.

Blondie

EOG Master

Just my opinion, I would not want to gay parents...think of how the kid will be teased....it's not a natural situation, of course being gay has nothing to do with beinga quality person or not but this is different this is raising a child, which is hard enough in a normal setting.

You make a valid point, but if the couple can provide a better quality of life (love, support, discipline, concern etc) wouldn't those things be important as well?

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

so let's look at this scenario:

you are a kid around 5-7 years old. all your life you have lived in an orphanage. you don't have your own room or toys - you have to share them with everyone else there. you don't get new clothes but rather "hand me downs" from someone else. same with shoes - you are lucky to get a new pair every so often and the ones you are wearing now needed to be replaced months ago but the orphanage can't afford new ones for you. you don't have anyone to help with your homework or care how you did in school because there are 30 other kids who would need the same attention as you - and numbers dictate that can't happen. some nights you go to bed hungry because there isn't enough food to eat or you didn't like the food they had so you are hungry but there is nothing you can do but suffer. come your birthday you might be lucky to get ONE gift. come Xmas - ditto. when you go to bed at night you don't have someone to come read to you or tuck you into bed and tell you that they love you

that is until one day 2 guys (or women) come to the orphanage. they are there to get YOU! they tell you if you come live with them as their kid you will get your own room, you will get toys to play with, you will get new clothes, you will get enough food so that you don't have to go to bed hungry, you can have a birthday party @ Chuck E Cheese or similar, you have someone to read to you at night and who cares how you did in school and will be there at your games or school plays and who will make sure Santa Claus is very nice to you. these 2 guys (or gals) will love you as much as if you were their birth kid

so now you tell me which life YOU would rather lead?

for those who choose life in the orphanage over life with 2 gay or lesbian people - congrats. know you are the ONLY one who would do so

i know i can't leave the place fast enough and truly appreciate the unreal kindness and generosity of 2 people who will love me like i have never been loved before and who will help turn my life around 180-degrees. honestly - i don't care if they are gay or lesbian - all i care about is that they love me (in a parental kind of way) and they are going to give me hope for the future - which up until that point in time looked damn bleak

should gays/lesbian couples be allowed to adopt? why not - once again - you be the kid above and tell me which life you would rather lead!

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Again, no.

so what you are saying is that in my post you'd rather stay in the orphanage and rot there until you are 18 - then be taken into someone's home and shown love for the very first time?

ok - you say this now - but once again if you are 5-7 and someone comes to get you i'd be STUNNED if you turn them down. if you did there would be countless kids right behind you dying to take your place and make sure you knew what a JACKASS you were for "winning the lottery" but throwing away the ticket

Winky, that is a tremendous post. I was thinking the same thing when I read rhe question.

Orphanage or group foster homes vs 2 loving adults forever

Tough choice, if you are a goof. (stronger language suggested)

royboy

EOG Dedicated

what these couples do behind closed doors and how they lead their lives is their own business, but bringing kids into the equation is crossing a line imo.

texansfan

EOG Master

so what you are saying is that in my post you'd rather stay in the orphanage and rot there until you are 18 - then be taken into someone's home and shown love for the very first time?

ok - you say this now - but once again if you are 5-7 and someone comes to get you i'd be STUNNED if you turn them down. if you did there would be countless kids right behind you dying to take your place and make sure you knew what a JACKASS you were for "winning the lottery" but throwing away the ticket

What do you think the kid is gonna say? The question is whether or not gay couples should be allowed to adopt, not what a 5-7 year old kid in an orphanage would say or do. I don't believe gay couples should be allowed to adopt, period.

I don't believe a gay woman should be shoving a turkey baster up her twat so her and her girlfriend can have a baby. How many ways can I say it? Leave the children out of it.

Oh, good grief. I mean really.

Should tomorrow's question be whether kids should be able to sacrifice goats in the bathroom to provide goatskin suicide bomber belts to their Tuesday Hitler Yourh Meertings?

I mean really. How overwhelmingly stupid can these threads finally become?

Dirty and General apparently support them.

Johnny Detroit

EOG Senior Member

no.
tired of people trying to force feed this into our society and make everyone think all of this is okay.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

ok - so those who say "NO" - what you are saying is it is OK for a "normal" couple to adopt a kid - but then fight like married couples do and get a divorce soon after they adopt the kid but we can't let 2 people of the same sex adopt kids because they are of the same sex but have been happily together for years and will stay that way forever?

how many people here lived in homes where mom and dad didn't get along - and got a divorce - and until they split lived a miserable life at home and hated going home because they knew mom and dad would spend all night fighting? yet that is OK but living with 2 happily together same sex people is not?

once again i think some people here need a massive dose of reality

Blondie

EOG Master

Should tomorrow's question be whether kids should be able to sacrifice goats in the bathroom to provide goatskin suicide bomber belts to their Tuesday Hitler Yourh Meertings?

Jeff, if you don't like the threads why not just ignore them. I am sure many people ignore yours so why not give them the same courtesy they give you?:rolleyes:

texansfan

EOG Master

So winky, if people don't agree with you or have an opinion different than yours they are somehow wrong? The question was asked, people answered.

I don't think it's a problem to have an opinion different than Winky's. And I don't think Winky really has a problem with people not agreeing with his opinion. BUT, quite frankly, their have been some honest "no" answers and they are good people entitled to their opinion and I go with the assumption they can support their "no" with reasons that make sense to them. BUT I get the feeling that if asked the question is it okay for a white person to marry a black person, One of the no's would say no to that as well.

That mindset is one huge problem in the world. I apologize if off base, but I don't think I am.

So what is your opinion Jeff?

Journeyman

EOG Master

What a curmudgeon :rolleyes:

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

So winky, if people don't agree with you or have an opinion different than yours they are somehow wrong? The question was asked, people answered.

well - yes :LMAO

the question was should they be allowed to adopt a child - right?

all i am saying here is that while we might have our thoughts and opinions it might be best to look at this from the child's P.O.V.

as i said - if you are rotting in an orphanage with no one to show you some love 24/7 and care for your well being 24/7 and to basically give you a new lease on life - if you were the kid you'd be going crazy for the chance to be adopted - be it by a "normal" couple or "gay/lesbian". for the child it is a chance to be loved by someone for the rest of their/his life and for the chance to live life like a "normal" kid and not someone loved by no one

if you read my OP on this thread - all i ask if for you to picture yourself as the kid in that situation and imagine what you would do if someone came to adopt you - and you found out it was a Gay or Lesbian couple - and what your reax would be. i said it wouldn't make the slightest difference to me and i know i am not alone and that out of 1000 kids in that situation AT LEAST 990 would jump at the chance to be adopted by anyone willing to show them some love - be it gay or "normal" - and in all likelihood my guess is all 1000 kids would be willing to be adopted

i know you have your thoughts and i am not trying to change them per se. all i am saying is think about this from a kid's P.O.V. and how just about every kid - if not every kid - doesn't care as long as someone comes to "rescue" him. you can say it is wrong and in your thoughts it might be - but thinking about it as a kid - it not only isn't wrong it is a godsend!

i have taken the time to write intelligent and well thought out replies - which si more than i can say for your 2 sentence (if that) replies. if you choose to reply make it a well thought out one of more than 2 lines or don't bother me/us with one at all because i can tell you right now if you were some 5 year old kid in an orphanage and 2 gay guys come to adopt you - you are ecstatic for the chance to leave with them and you would and to say anything else is stupid and just your homophobic thoughts of 2008 creeping in and not that of a desperate 5 year old looking for some adults to love him

ok - so those who say "NO" - what you are saying is it is OK for a "normal" couple to adopt a kid - but then fight like married couples do and get a divorce soon after they.....
I hate this argument. Apparently it is a popular one because I've heard it before. Since when are gay couples some kind of fucking saints that never argue or endure the types of problems regular straight couples do? Come on. We both know, or should know, that if gay marriage was accepted in this country divorce lawyers would be jumping up and down in joy.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

I hate this argument. Apparently it is a popular one because I've heard it before. Since when are gay couples some kind of fucking saints that never argue or endure the types of problems regular straight couples do? Come on. We both know, or should know, that if gay marriage was accepted in this country divorce lawyers would be jumping up and down in joy.

fair point and you are dead on right here. i don't wanna change the subject here but i see no reason why gays/lesbian's shouldn't be allowed to have civil rights so that if one gets sick the other can have a say in their treatment or if one dies the other gets "spousal" rights. for those who say gays and lesbians ruin the institution of marriage - i am here to ask if we are talking about the same insitution where OVER HALF of "normal" people who enter into it fail on their own - so how can gays and lesbians ruin an insitution that is already pretty damaged as is

so why not let them adopt kids, too. we have no problem with them going to the pound and taking home and unwanted dog that will be put to death soon if these people don't take them home - so why not take home an unwanted kid. i know the kid will live longer (or should at least) and won't be put to death if no one adopts him - but if we let gays and lesbians take home unwanted animals why not kids, too

The Devil

EOG Master

SURE.....I THINK THERE ARE TOO MANY UNADOPTED CHILDREN.........BETTER GAY PARENTS THAN NO PARENTS............

The Devil

EOG Master

SURE.....I THINK THERE ARE TOO MANY UNADOPTED CHILDREN.........BETTER GAY PARENTS THAN NO PARENTS............

The Devil

EOG Master

You people with your sexual hangups and antiquated ideas of "morality" are on the short side of history. In 50 years (maybe less), a person's sexual preference will be a non-issue, and the archaic sexual inhibitions revealed by the 18th-century yearners here will seem to be nothing more than a curiosity to be studied--much like we now study the ancient practice of bloodletting or chastity-belts. Good riddance; you may as well start your spinning now, as much good as it will do you. . . .

You people with your sexual hangups and antiquated ideas of "morality" are on the short side of history. In 50 years (maybe less), a person's sexual preference will be a non-issue, and the archaic sexual inhibitions revealed by the 18th-century yearners here will seem to be nothing more than a curiosity to be studied--much like we now study the ancient practice of bloodletting or chastity-belts. Good riddance; you may as well start your spinning now, as much good as it will do you. . . .

Do anonymous posters to an Internet website really get so worked up over this?

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

I'm not really sure what the "short side of history" is, since we don't get to choose the time period in which we live. Of course in 50 years, things will be different, but don't be so sure that the difference will be that a person's sexual preference will then be a non-issue. It may or it may not. Looking back at history,(see Edward Gibbon's 1776 classic, "The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire"), since a person's sexual preference has been an issue for the past 2000 years, I think it's pretty safe to assume that it will still also be an issue in 50 years hence.
One thing is for certain, God will still be the same in 50 years. As eloquently stated in St. Teresa of Avila's prayer...

LET NOTHING DISTURB YOU.
LET NOTHING FRIGHTEN YOU.
ALL THINGS ARE CHANGING.
GOD ALONE IS CHANGELESS.
PATIENCE ATTAINS THE GOOD.
HE WHO HAS GOD LACKS NOTHING.
GOD ALONE FILLS ALL OUR NEEDS.

...and 50 years from now, (unless the Parousia occurs), this world will still be embroiled in the struggle between good and evil. As I've told OF repeatedly, even though he repeatedly gets it wrong, I want to be on God's side, in the struggle between good and evil.

Having said all that, I am actually not totally opposed to gays, either singly or as a couple, adopting children. Just like with heterosexuals, either singly or as a couple, it should be done on an individual case basis. But it would certainly be better for a child to be adopted and loved by a homosexual person or couple, than to be aborted.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Pioneer I think this is my last post to you, as ignore is the best option for someone who clearly does not fit in with this forum. Time to hump the misfit. Same drill as your priest used to do, bend over and spread em.

Your not worth reading, why are you here?

Ignore time...OF :+excited-

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

Pioneer I think this is my last post to you, as ignore is the best option for someone who clearly does not fit in with this forum. Time to hump the misfit. Same drill as your priest used to do, bend over and spread em.

Your not worth reading, why are you here?

Ignore time...OF :+excited-

My what is not worth reading?
Cowardly Frog, meet OSUCOWARD
Just goes to prove cowards of all species fear the truth!

So what is your opinion Jeff?

I don't think I know. It's beyond my paygrade.

If two Rosie O'Donnell types want to adopt kids with no better alternative, I see no real downside to that.

But if Bruce and Tyrone want to adopt a child? Yeah, that might cause concern.

Absolute fact.

In 20 years the same question will be answered as if I were asking if the sun would rise tomorrow. Homophobia will be virtually extinct by then. Thank god.