Except for home court, no team in the West is really that much better than any other!

PO69

EOG Master
The top 6 teams are seperated by a total of 3 games! This is over an 82 game season. 2 teams only finished 1 game out and 2 teams finished 2 games out!

Even the 7th and 8th seeds are not that far behind since they were only 6 and 7 games out. Anything could happen!

This has to be a first for NBA playoffs. I have never seen a year where so many teams had great records in the West. If you compare the West to the East, you will see that Boston won the division by 7 games. That is the same winning margin for Lakers over 8th place Denver in the West

royalfan

EOG Dedicated
Re: Except for home court, no team in the West is really that much better than any other!

Wrong. A lot of teams are way better than Houston.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
Re: Except for home court, no team in the West is really that much better than any other!

How did your scary Warriors turn out?

Best Wishes...oF :houra

texansfan

EOG Master

Wrong. A lot of teams are way better than Houston.

Give them credit though. They played something like 48 games without either Yao or McGrady and still won 55 games in the West. I think they can get by Utah but they will need to win at home.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Adelman is a much better coach than VG but the Jazz has Sloan, and he is even better. Playoffs get physical, and the Jazz are built and coached to play, that style of ball. Same matchup as last season, but Jazz look better, and Rockets look not as healthy. They could not even win game #7 last year at home, which is a normal gimme. Boozer just ate them up, and they are even deeper than last year. The Rockets go as far as Tracy takes them, and that is never out of the first round, nothing changes there.

Best wishes...oF :cheers

texansfan

EOG Master

Jazz are certainly tough at home. I think this is the year the Rockets get out of the 1st round though. Of course McGrady can't do it by himself. He's going to need the team to also step up. I think it will go 6 or 7 so we shall see.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

The way I look at it, they are in worse shape without Yao, as Motumbo is good for 10 minutes if that. No interior defense in playoffs, no advancement. The games turn into halfcourt scrums, and the Jazz excel at that. Nope, Jazz did not get to Conf Finals last year for no reason, and they are better, deeper and more experieinced. I'll take them over Rockets all day.

Best Wishes...OF :cheers

texansfan

EOG Master

It wouldn't suprise me OF. It's tough to make up for the loss of 20-10 every game.. The local sports shows are saying that the Rocket's are better defensively without Yao in this matchup. It should be a tough series. I'm not a big NBA fan anymore but I wouldn't mind seeing the Rocket's pull it out.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master
Re: Except for home court, no team in the West is really that much better than any ot

Re: Except for home court, no team in the West is really that much better than any ot

Wont matter ... Celts won 25 out of 30 from the West this year

texansfan

EOG Master

Wont matter ... Celts won 25 out of 30 from the West this year

If you're betting using those kind of stats do yourself a favor and keep your money. There's a big difference between the regular season and the playoffs.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

The Celts just look unbeatable. Even thier supposed achilles heel bench is a strength. They owned the West. Only thing stopping them would be injuries. And Motown. Two team race in East. West is live but I have feeling script is already written and Lakeshow gets to be Celts Washington Generals again.

Best Wishes...oF :cheers

texansfan

EOG Master

Well we all know how the seemingly unbeatable can in fact be beaten. We only need look back to early February for proof of that.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Really? what is the big diffc? /// The Celts have the Big 3 and picked up Cassell .... like dealing with woman ... like they change when the sun sets vs when it rises? // Greg Anthony the other morning said no one in the West can beat the Celts or Pistons in a 7 game series ....

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

I really am unconcerned with what talking heads say, as they usually are talking out of thier asses instead of thier heads, but one thing is clear to me, the West is going to be a dogfight, many 7 games series, and they will most likely wear each other down. I see two quality teams in the East, and they may cakewalk and rest while the West is wearing each other down in a war of attrition. I think the ultra competitiveness of the West will be thier ultimate downfall. They will be ripe for the plucking after surviving many tough series. I would not be surprised if the Celts sweep a couple of series. Extra rest this time of year is more important than any other factor except for untimely injuries. We shall see soon enough.

texansfan

EOG Master

Well, if Greg Anthony said it how can it not be true?

:smokesmalLAST YEAR --I BELIEVE THE WEST TOP 4 SEEDS DID NOT MAKE IT OUT OF THE FIRST ROUND/ IN FACT THE WARRIORS WERE PLUS 10.00 AGAINST THE MAVS.THAT BEING SAID-THIS YEARS 8 SEED - THE NUGGETS ARE ONLY PLUS 3.50 AGAINST THE LAKERS, I AM USING BET-JAMS PRICE ON THIS SERIES. GREAT MATCH-UPS--ANOTHER THOUGHT,ROCKETS HAVE HOME COURT ADVANTAGE OVER UTAH IN FIRST ROUND--I ASSUME DUE TO BETTER RECORD AND NOT ACCORDING TO SEEDING. GOOD LUCK TO ALL.

Adelman is a much better coach than VG but the Jazz has Sloan, and he is even better. Playoffs get physical, and the Jazz are built and coached to play, that style of ball. Same matchup as last season, but Jazz look better, and Rockets look not as healthy. They could not even win game #7 last year at home, which is a normal gimme. Boozer just ate them up, and they are even deeper than last year. The Rockets go as far as Tracy takes them, and that is never out of the first round, nothing changes there.

Best wishes...oF :cheers

Agreed. Houston gets NADA in Salt Lake. Can Houston win 4 in a row at home? I dont think so.

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

Give them credit though. They played something like 48 games without either Yao or McGrady and still won 55 games in the West. I think they can get by Utah but they will need to win at home.

They play hard, give them that. That works in regular season, not playoffs.

:smokesmalnuggets now +5.00 vs lakers--figured price was a little low at +3.50-anyway-good luck-

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

The Nuggets are another, good bye first round candidate. Defenseless teams don't advance very often, and last year the table was set for upsets. Not this year, Except Suns may payback Spurs. The Lakeshow could get rid of Nuggs 4-1. All other series should be 6 or 7. Depending if Rockets can win a couple at home. Not sure what they will do right now. They could have really used Bonzi in the playoffs, even more than Yao. Have neither. No #8's are going to upset this year, none. I think this year the playoffs revert to old form, seedings are very tight except Jazz, who could be seeded higher.

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

The Nuggets are another, good bye first round candidate. Defenseless teams don't advance very often, and last year the table was set for upsets. Not this year, Except Suns may payback Spurs. The Lakeshow could get rid of Nuggs 4-1. All other series should be 6 or 7. Depending if Rockets can win a couple at home. Not sure what they will do right now. They could have really used Bonzi in the playoffs, even more than Yao. Have neither. No #8's are going to upset this year, none. I think this year the playoffs revert to old form, seedings are very tight except Jazz, who could be seeded higher.

Agree completely on Bonzi, yet all these dumb homers at the other forum keep telling me that Houston got the better end of the trade. Not so, for this season at least and not even close. Bonzi is a matchup nightmare in the playoffs. He commands doubles against a lot of types of players and smaller guys have trouble keeping him off the offensive glass as well.