TEJADA!! ASTRO FIND OUT HE IS 33!!

Journeyman

EOG Master
Re: TEJADA!! ASTRO FIND OUT HE IS 33!!

amazing his real age is listed right on his drivers license and this never came up? WTF!

The former American League MVP was signed out of the Dominican Republic by Hall of Famer Juan Marichal, but Tejada was clear Marichal had no part in the deception. Moreover, Wade and Tejada both said the shortstop's green card, driver's license and other legal papers in the United States reflect his actual birthday, May 25, 1974.

texansfan

EOG Master

Does he get two years added on to his MLB service? I gotta figure that Julio Franco is really about 63.

Journeyman

EOG Master

If Franco was older he'd admit it, he WANTED to play at age 50.

Franco is still in phenomenal shape. HGH?

Tejada couldn't have been 31 or he'd still be pitching in the Little League World Series.

Journeyman

EOG Master

Looks like ESPN actually cracked this one-

ESPN said it showed Tejada a copy of his birth certificate from the Dominican Republic during an interview Tuesday. Tejada said at the start of the interview that he was born in 1976. After he was shown the birth certificate, he walked out of the interview, saying: “Right now I just play baseball bro’. I just play baseball, and I don’t have to be here to talk about this.”

Then Tejada informed Astros brass
Saying he wanted to rid himself of a burden, Tejada approached general manager Ed Wade and asked to correct misinformation he gave the Oakland Athletics when he signed in 1993.

But he feels 25, that is the good news!

If MLB is just worrying about him misstating his age i think they are doing ok with all of the other recent legislation trying to indite other liars about more serious matters.

Journeyman

EOG Master

Funny thing was Astros owner responded as if it wasn't that big a deal...

Of course Tejada was already under contract, so his market value is okay considering he's towards the end of a long term deal.

Now if he just signed a 5 year deal.... Houston we have a problem!