NBA Playoff InGame Thread for Saturday

Tuckman

Uh Poster
Re: NBA Playoff InGame Thread for Saturday

that last 3 from arenas shoulda been worth 4, he was what 12 feet behind the arc? :+excited-

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

After that last dunk by Lebron, he may not be the most valuable player, but he is certainly the most talented!

Tuckman

Uh Poster

After that last dunk by Lebron, he may not be the most valuable player, but he is certainly the most talented!

and the biggest whineass as well in the league.. how long was he gonna hold his mouth till he got the point across? :rolleyes:

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

and the biggest whineass as well in the league.. how long was he gonna hold his mouth till he got the point across? :rolleyes:

Well in that case, can u blame him?

its one thing if a guy whines on every call, when he isnt even touched, or just brushed..but he was clobbered, and it was obvious, and no call....that would make a guy complain.....it was legite

Tuckman

Uh Poster

Well in that case, can u blame him?

its one thing if a guy whines on every call, when he isnt even touched, or just brushed..but he was clobbered, and it was obvious, and no call....that would make a guy complain.....it was legite

well he will have plenty of time to nurse the injury in the offseason, that should be by the end of next weekend :rolleyes:

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"

D. Stevenson of the Wiz may get the last laugh when this series is over.

Who can agree that Lebron is overrated......But I certainly agree that the Cavs are & have been since last year

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

Never understood what home court advantage was in the NBA....how about 19 fouls called on the Wizards to 12 on the Cavs?

Never understood what home court advantage was in the NBA....how about 19 fouls called on the Wizards to 12 on the Cavs?

Are the home teams supposed to have less fouls called on them simply because they are the home team?? What are you? Some kind of fucking MORON??

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

Are the home teams supposed to have less fouls called on them simply because they are the home team?? What are you? Some kind of fucking MORON??

No, I was suggesting that the home team advantage in the NBA comes from the fact that the refs call an inordinate number of fouls on the road team. Did you watch the Wash-Cleve game? Do you seriously disagree with my suggestion?

Tuckman

Uh Poster

No, I was suggesting that the home team advantage in the NBA comes from the fact that the refs call an inordinate number of fouls on the road team. Did you watch the Wash-Cleve game? Do you seriously disagree with my suggestion?

just agree with him, i dont feel like reading segments of the bible in this thread :rolleyes:

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

The 19-12 figure was at the start of the 4th quarter....final tally, 26 fouls on the Wizards to 17 on the Cavs. Now granted, that number is a little skewed because the Wizards were down at the end of the game and they had to foul, but when the home team shoots 20 more free throws (28 for 37) than the road team (14 for 17)....that's a pretty significant home court advantage!

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

just agree with him, i dont feel like reading segments of the bible in this thread :rolleyes:

Why not just put me on ignore since you don't respond to what I post anyway? You respond to what you think I said (past tense) or what you think I will say (future tense) instead of responding to what I do say (present tense).

I do disagree with you. Show me the proof that the road team gets called for more fouls. You provided one data point. If you know anything about data analysis, one data point does not prove anything! So if you're going to make idiotic statements and correlations between HCA and fouls, please prove me wrong.

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

I do disagree with you. Show me the proof that the road team gets called for more fouls. You provided one data point. If you know anything about data analysis, one data point does not prove anything! So if you're going to make idiotic statements and correlations between HCA and fouls, please prove me wrong.

Sorry, I was not real clear. I made 2 suggestions; I don't watch many NBA games but after watching the refs call the vast majority of the fouls against the road team, my first suggestion (and that suggestion was made in the form of a question) was that maybe the home court advantage was related to that.

My second suggestion, which is what I asked you if you agreed with or not, was based on viewing the Wizards-Cavs game today. I watched it and I suggested that the vast majority of the questionable calls went against the Wizards...that is the suggestion I meant when I asked you if you agreed with or not.

Of course I agree with you that one game(one data point) does not make a trend. There are approx 1300 games in an NBA season, but I bet the data is available on how many fouls are called against both the home and the road team. I certainly don't have this data but I still wonder if it has anything to do with the HCA?