MUNSON'S PUCK DOGS

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated
Re: MUNSON'S PUCK DOGS

Sharks blowing that 3-0 lead 3 mins into the game and losing 4-3 was a mental blow that could be hard to overcome! I hope that they can turn it around but likely the Flames will play the Red Wings (and give them trouble too).

munson15

I want winners...

Sharks blowing that 3-0 lead 3 mins into the game and losing 4-3 was a mental blow that could be hard to overcome! I hope that they can turn it around but likely the Flames will play the Red Wings (and give them trouble too).
Can't believe they choked up that lead. When it was 3-0 I felt very wise for picking them to win the West, but now, I have to agree, they must be pretty fragile mentally for the next game. Still, the Sharks have the talent to right the ship and come back. I'll stick with them for no other reason than I have no plan B. Tough night for my Rangers, too, officiating was questionable and gave the Devils life. Still liking the Rangers top to bottom skill players vs. NJ.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Can't believe they choked up that lead. When it was 3-0 I felt very wise for picking them to win the West, but now, I have to agree, they must be pretty fragile mentally for the next game. Still, the Sharks have the talent to right the ship and come back. I'll stick with them for no other reason than I have no plan B. Tough night for my Rangers, too, officiating was questionable and gave the Devils life. Still liking the Rangers top to bottom skill players vs. NJ.

agree - i have plays on them to win the West and the Cup and UP 3-0 i had this one in the bank and up 2-1 sharkey's machine was looking good to win the series. and then they turned into the sharkey's machine of years past and CHOKED it away

G4 might be the biggest game in franchise history. if they win G4 they get HIA back and can win the series. if they lose G4 they are probably TOAST and IF sharkey's machine chokes this series away and fails to win it - management is gonna take a pile of M-80s and blow this thing up - players going bye bye and Ron Wilson is 100% guaranteed to be fired - and as much as i hate to say it because i like the guy - rightfully so. this is why G4 could very well be the biggest game in franchise history - win and things could continue - lose and KA-BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

munson15

I want winners...

I think they can still go and win the series in 7 even with a 3-1 deficit, but obviously, the task is much easier with a win tonight. Could be the tonic they need to get right back at it tonight. We'll certainly see what they are made of, I like them tonight.

boomerbust

EOG Member

The fuse will be lit in SJ and the explosian takes place in game 6. Flames kill the sharks in the tank historically.Even though i had sharks-35 last night,I don't quite see them as being the team that most think they are.

munson15

I want winners...

The fuse will be lit in SJ and the explosian takes place in game 6. Flames kill the sharks in the tank historically.Even though i had sharks-35 last night,I don't quite see them as being the team that most think they are.
I think the Sharks have righted the ship, but I may be wavering on picking them to win the West. Detroit looks pretty good, but since I started out with Sharks-Rangers, I'll try to be consistent until one of them is eliminated.:+textinb3

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

I think the Sharks have righted the ship, but I may be wavering on picking them to win the West. Detroit looks pretty good, but since I started out with Sharks-Rangers, I'll try to be consistent until one of them is eliminated.:+textinb3

maybe - i am praying the Wild can beat the Avs this way (if they win) Sharkey's Machine would get the Wild while the Wings would get Dallass or Anaheim (DO NOT COUNT OUT THE DUCKS AT ALL) and if the Ducks that would be an at least 6-game WAR that would take a lot out of the winner (and it would be the Ducks) and set up Sharkey's Machine rather nicely

i hope Boomer is wrong - but not sure he is. i do think that series goes 7 and in G7 Mikka against a mentally fragile team that is just waiting for something to go bad - who knows what could happen. Sharkey's Machine BETTER win G5 - not sure they have what it takes to win G6 in Calgary even though you can make a great case in saying SJ SHOULD be UP 3-1. you blow a 3-goal lead in G3 and then outshoot a team as badly as i have ever seen happen you SHOULD be UP 3-1 - hopefully it won't come back to haunt them

munson15

I want winners...

maybe - i am praying the Wild can beat the Avs this way (if they win) Sharkey's Machine would get the Wild while the Wings would get Dallass or Anaheim (DO NOT COUNT OUT THE DUCKS AT ALL) and if the Ducks that would be an at least 6-game WAR that would take a lot out of the winner (and it would be the Ducks) and set up Sharkey's Machine rather nicely

i hope Boomer is wrong - but not sure he is. i do think that series goes 7 and in G7 Mikka against a mentally fragile team that is just waiting for something to go bad - who knows what could happen. Sharkey's Machine BETTER win G5 - not sure they have what it takes to win G6 in Calgary even though you can make a great case in saying SJ SHOULD be UP 3-1. you blow a 3-goal lead in G3 and then outshoot a team as badly as i have ever seen happen you SHOULD be UP 3-1 - hopefully it won't come back to haunt them
Minny-Colorado is a tossup series to me, so your scenario for the Sharks is not far-fetched. I can see it setting up nicely for them. GL.

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated

Since Game 3 screw-up and loss last night with Hasek looking shaky AGAIN (and getting pulled after yet another terrible long shot goal) the Wings are looking disorganized. Now a Best of 3, the Wings better win at home on Friday. I was surprised to see the Sens go down so meekly, but they are pretty banged up. Pens in my mind are STILL over-rated. Sharks have their hands full and need a complete effort against the pesky and determined Flames.

munson15

I want winners...

Sharks getting their equilibrium after that 3-0 blown lead tells me they're on track for a run here. Still liking my Rangers, especially after the Canadiens shaky performance and the Penguins' likely rust.

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated

Wings win with washed up Hasek on the bench. Osgood stops his 2 shots a game and they win game 5 and 6 to win the series. Flames take Sharks to game 7. Ducks fall away as Dallas scores 4 goals in the 3rd period last night - woo hoo! Wonder if Niedermayer and Selanne will STAY retired this time or perhaps decide to play a WHOLE year. Who knows?! Boston would be great to see upset over-confident Habs. Isn't the First round great! Caps vs Flyers will be a great game tonight as FLyers have to close it out at home or lose in WASH.

munson15

I want winners...

I like Montreal tonight, but won't lay the lumber there. Philadelphia has long been a choke team at home, but something about Washington's play in this series bothers me. Gonna just sit back and enjoy some great action tonight, Newbie. And, I'll be rooting for Winky's Shark bet in their game 7.

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated

Flyers were well placed at 2-0 and then they stopped skating and hitting. Now they move onto WASH where they will have to score early to shut out the crowd. Sharks will be a great game tonight with two committed teams. Very closely matched with good goaltenders. I like the Sharks at home to show some mettel.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Sharks will be a great game tonight with two committed teams. Very closely matched with good goaltenders. I like the Sharks at home to show some mettel.

for the first time EVER. SJ chokes more than Greg Norman. SJ BETTER score the first goal because if not - look out. if we are scoreless into 2P and Calgary scores first - look out!

munson15

I want winners...

Happy for you, Winky. I want to see your Sharks and my Rangers in the Cup Finals for sure.:cheers

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated

I wanted both Philly and SJ to win last night and they pulled through. Sharks got an early Thornton goal and then fought back with an amazing effort by Roenick (a healthy scratch in Game 6). So they live to fight another day and play Dallas, which will be an excellent series.

Love the NYR-Pit series as I think that the Rangers who were 5-3 in the regular season against Pit should be able to give Pit fits. I am hoing that the Rangers can pull this through, as I also hope for FLyers over the Habs.

Go Wings Go!

munson15

I want winners...

Newbie, I forgot you're a Wings fan. Sorry. I will root for Detroit and San Jose to meet in the west finals. Love those original six teams!

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

nothing like ONCE AGAIN seeing my team blow a 3-0 lead and lose. makes me so happy i can barely contain myself :doh1 :hung

munson15

I want winners...

nothing like ONCE AGAIN seeing my team blow a 3-0 lead and lose. makes me so happy i can barely contain myself :doh1 :hung
Sorry my boys flushed that lead on you, Winky. Looked like some unlucky bounces and a tough call at the end hurt the cause.

munson15

I want winners...

Still trying to figure out why they blew the whistle on the Ranger goal that would have tied the game late in the 3rd.:+clueless I'm fading fast, so I'm going to root for the Sharks to even things up for Winky, and hopefully, get my Rangers going at home on Tuesday.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Still trying to figure out why they blew the whistle on the Ranger goal that would have tied the game late in the 3rd.:+clueless I'm fading fast, so I'm going to root for the Sharks to even things up for Winky, and hopefully, get my Rangers going at home on Tuesday.

ref lost sight of the puck and thought Fluery had it

as for Sharkey's Machine - this is what i get for expecting the most mentally fragile team in the NHL to change that. Ron Wilson - ADIOS - and many more will follow you out the door

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated

The Rangers goal that was disallowed was a joke really. The Rangers head home with their backs against the wall. I think that they can still pull it off, as these Pens are NOT that good.

Montreal SHOULD be down 2-0 going to Philly but got lucky on the late goal with 37 seconds left.

Red Wings have made the Avs look slow and silly as they are averaging 20 shots a game.

Sharks are in deep trouble heading to Dallas (Dallas did the same thing to the Ducks). Sharks will show if they have any character at all. Richards has a 4 point game yesterday (yikes!)...

munson15

I want winners...

I guess the weaknesses the Sharks displayed in the first round were no aberration. I was convinced that having gotten their full attention via a 7-game series, coach Wilson would have his charges ready to fire on all cylinders vs the Stars. Woudln't count the Avs out yet, that rivalry has had some crazy twists and turns. As to the Rangers, tough calls late in both games show there is a fine line between success and failure. I get the explanation Winky provided on the disallowed goal, but don't you guys think in the Stanley Cup playoffs the referee should not be so quick to blow a play dead? And further, wasn't that situation ripe for a review? I was watching in the golf course grillroom so I didn't hear a full discussion, but why couldn't that goal be reviewed? You could see clearly that the puck was never trapped and was slowly sliding under Fleury's pads. Brutal!

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated

Habs lose another one last night (Price was terrible) and the Flyers have made the most of their chances. The do however keep trying to give the games away by taking stupid penalties. Habs have hit so many posts, and been unlucky on some chances. Biron has easily outplayed Price so far.

Tonight we see if the Rangers, Sharks and Avs can make series in their games and win being down two. I hope that they all can as the second round should not be very easy. Hopefully MSG will be rocking and the Rangers score the first goal!! Sharks will need to win on the road which will not be easy. They bounced back well against the Flames though on the road.

SSI

EOG Dedicated

Munson, i sent you a pretty lengthy email about 2 days ago, did you get it?

if not, you mentioned an interest in the R/L Chase: final info for 2007 is posted in my thread.. (95-0) on the season with only 1 chase, going to a final game 6.

good luck tonight, im Chasing (redwings/avs Under 5)..

munson15

I want winners...

Munson, i sent you a pretty lengthy email about 2 days ago, did you get it?

if not, you mentioned an interest in the R/L Chase: final info for 2007 is posted in my thread.. (95-0) on the season with only 1 chase, going to a final game 6.

good luck tonight, im Chasing (redwings/avs Under 5)..
Sorry I didn't get to all my emails from the weekend yet, lots going on at work. I will certainly look at it, I know you had a winner with the Snakes last night. :cheers

munson15

I want winners...

Habs lose another one last night (Price was terrible) and the Flyers have made the most of their chances. The do however keep trying to give the games away by taking stupid penalties. Habs have hit so many posts, and been unlucky on some chances. Biron has easily outplayed Price so far.

Tonight we see if the Rangers, Sharks and Avs can make series in their games and win being down two. I hope that they all can as the second round should not be very easy. Hopefully MSG will be rocking and the Rangers score the first goal!! Sharks will need to win on the road which will not be easy. They bounced back well against the Flames though on the road.
Gotta say, Newbie, I didn't like the lack of defensive intensity the Rangers showed tonight. Lots of running around, bad penalties, etc. Still, if Gomez scores on that shot that hit off the inside of the post when it was 3-3 and we had them on their heels, it might have been a series. As it is, I am forced to wave the white flag.:hung Gonna lose my Rangers futures bet at WSEX, and unfortunately, looks like the same fate awaits Winky in this round with the Sharks. Once we are eliminated, I will root for the Wings and the Canadiens (if they are still alive) as I always go for Original Six teams after the Blueshirts bow out.:cheers

P.S. Where DO you find these women for your avatars, Newbie?:turndevil

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Keeley Hazell is his pic now

Ron Wilson - get your resume ready - you are gonna need it. weird thing is Sharkey's Machine could very easily be UP 3-0 not down. lose G1 and G3 in OT and led 2-1 headed to 3P on G2. then again why should they change their stripes now - the biggest underachieving team in the NHL for some time needs to play with 2 hands on the stick and not 2 hands around their necks

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated

Could have been a nice little parlay last night if you chose all three teams with 2-0 leads to go up 3-0. It's too bad really, because I felt that each of these series could be exciting. As it turns out, the second round could be one of the shortest ever. I can't recall a second round ending with so many sweeps. I cannot believe that no one can beat the Pens. Weird. They have won 7 in a row. The Sharks seem to have this mental block now, and where has Joe Thornton been when you need him..?!!! Game 3 was some of the hardest hitting I have seen in a long time. Guys got smoked all over the place. I went to bed when the Avs were down 2-1, as it looked to me as though these banged up Avs just can't skate with the Red Wings. The Wings could have been up 4-1 very early in the game and I needed some sleep.

As for the avatar, Winky is right that this is Keeley once again. Keeley and Denise Milani are favorites, but I throw in a couple others as well from time to time. I need to keep up with my repuation now... ;-)

Enjoy the next round of the playoffs. I still am cheering for Philly although I wonder whether they can keep up with the Pens. If Montreal hits fewer posts tonight and can finish, then we go back tied to Montreal. Sharks should be done tonight.

munson15

I want winners...

Can't disagree with anything you said. I thought the Rangers had the goalie, the smarts, the scoring from different lines and the discipline to go a long way. The tough losses in Pittsburgh seemed to take a little out of them, they are skating with the mentality of 'what will go wrong next' and that is a recipe for disaster.

I hope the Flyers lose and we see Montreal and Pittsburgh skating rings around the defense in the next round. Philadelphia would have to employ a more plodding style to stick with the Pens, I think it would be less entertaining hockey, so I want the Habs to advance. Wings are going to face a Dallas team they should be able to handle.

Thanks for all the great avatars, I personally think you took down the previous one a tad too soon!:rolleyes:

munson15

I want winners...

Ron Wilson - get your resume ready - you are gonna need it. weird thing is Sharkey's Machine could very easily be UP 3-0 not down. lose G1 and G3 in OT and led 2-1 headed to 3P on G2. then again why should they change their stripes now - the biggest underachieving team in the NHL for some time needs to play with 2 hands on the stick and not 2 hands around their necks
I feel the same way about the Rangers, to a lesser extent. They have been a very disciplined defensive team, I can't believe they got caught up in some pond hockey in game 1 to blow the big lead. Game 2, they were robbed by a quick whistle, and last night they had the Pens running around, taking penalties, came back from 3-1 down. Then Gomez hit the post at 3-3 when the Rangers had all the momentum and could have gone ahead. Not good enough I guess. I'm disappointed in the Sharks, I suppose they were lucky to get past Calgary.

boomerbust

EOG Member

Hopefully we wont have to see wilson as coach for 5 to 10 years! Game 3 performance was putrid!! It looked like they played the WHOLE 3rd period shorthanded,and I blame the coach for letting them come out on their heels. If they werent playing not to lose,the D guy probably doesnt fall and gift wrap game 2. Spot screams seals tonite in B2B, but I've taken too much of a beating this series. If they couldnt solve the rookie blueliners in 3 games, i don't see them doing it tonite. What a bunch of LAZY STIFFS!

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated

Good to see the Sharks live for another day with a more solid effort in Game 4. Now they go back home to see what can transpire there. As a hockey fan, it bothers me when teams with a single goal lead play the third like it's a 20 minute penalty kill. As they showed last night with the Sharks, in Game 3 with the lead, the puck was in their end for 12+ minutes. That's unacceptable. On the winning goal they had the Grier line out against Modano and Ribiero and they were 5 on 5 but they wouldn't hit anyone or skate. Pick a man, put him down after he touches the puck. It's simple.

The Flyers almost blew another one last night (like Game 1) with a 30 second brain cramp where they give up 2 goals. With a 2-0 lead, you have to be aggressive and keep checking and skating (see note above). Biron has been brilliant and Habs reliance on young goalies has hurt them. Do you think Gainey wishes he had Huet back now??? I bet!

Wings should polish off injured Avs tonight. I think that Dallas will be a tough test for the Wings. I am beginning to appreciate Brendan Morrow a great deal more now watching him play. He's not flashy, but he is a solid contributor and makes things happen. And he's tough.

munson15

I want winners...

Montreal's goaltending is killing them. Halak couldn't even find the puck in mild traffic on the last Flyer goal. And when he did pick it up, he reacted very slowly. I believe their chance was gone when Price didn't show up for this series, come to think of it, Fleury has severely outplayed Lundqvist in the Ranger series.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

I know what I said about Sharkey's Machine recently but something tells me this series is NOT over yet and in all honesty it WON'T shock me if they actually come back and win it

And I am being dead honest here - I really do think Sharkey is not dead

boomerbust

EOG Member

If the seals had any stones they would have shown them in game 3, for all 3 periods. Last night was an abberation, hard to sweep especially in that situation. If that shot goes an inch to the right the seals, down 2-0, fold right then.I've got some seals series opener -150 for sale cheap for anyone interested.

Last edited:

munson15

I want winners...

If the seals had any stones they would have shown them in game 3, for all 3 periods. Last night was an abberation, hard to sweep especially in that situation. If that shot goes an inch to the right the seals, down 2-0, fold right then.I've got some seals series opener -150 for sale cheap for anyone interested.
You calling them the Seals in deference to the old Oakland Seals?