Are there any other posters here from the great state of New Jersey?

Re: Are there any other posters here from the great state of New Jersey?

I don't live there now but I grew up there. Northern NJ in Clifton.

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

that horse racing video he made just kills me to listen to.

North Jersey doesn't really count. JJ Gold is from Newark which says a lot. North Jersey smells like factory smog and refineries. I have to hold my breath nearly all the way up the Turnpike and into NY.

I live in Vineland, NJ. Vineland is the second largest city in the country area wise. We also have the best seafood in the state. I once served up an octopus for 120 guests and news crews. Delicious.

-WLY-

Journeyman

EOG Master

Octopus is not my pussy of choice....or my favorite seafood.

Octopus is not my pussy of choice....or my favorite seafood.

It was a tough thing to cook. But it was indeed delicious. I had it spread out on a buffet table that was 20 feet long. Everyone loved it, although most were reluctant to try it. I will try to dig up some pictures.

It was not calimari, either, it was one big giant fucking octopus, cooked whole. Journeyman, I bet you would have had more than one helping. This was quite a few years ago though.

-WLY-

Journeyman

EOG Master

I really don't know about that one, I am pretty picky.

How did you cook the great beast?

I really don't know about that one, I am pretty picky.

How did you cook the great beast?

I grilled it on an open barbq and then I steamed it to completion in a makeshift steamer that more resembled a shower stall. I used a burgundy and orange sauce which really made the dish. The octopus weighed 80 pounds precooked. I invited the press and made headlines that day. I have never seen anyone else attempt to serve a whole octopus before.

-WLY-

Journeyman

EOG Master

You have a restaurant I am assuming?

How much did the puss cost ?

TheNJKid

EOG Enthusiast
nj here

nj here

i'm in westfield. north jersey. grew up at LBI at the shore. still down there as well.
not sure what it says about being from newark. my father was a cop in newark and my mom is from east orange. i know what it said about them was that they grew up poor and had to work hard to get out and raise me at the shore,haha.
my gf is an attorney in newark now. damn we cant get away from that place!!!
jersey my whole life and proud of it. i dont know how you can be from jersey and diss north jersey. i live north and south, but have to defend our state everyday as i work in manhattan.
comeon wholovsya, you gotta rep the whole state when you're born and raised here!!!

You have a restaurant I am assuming?

How much did the puss cost ?

lol @ puss.:+textinb3 The octopus was caught by one of my regulars. Most of my customers worked in the fishing industry. He would occasionally sell me part of his daily catch. One day he was joking around and told me he had caught a monster squid and wanted me to cook him up some calimari which was a regular on my menu. We joked about it for about an hour when I decided I would try to cook the damn thing up for everyone. He gave it to me free of charge as long as he got to eat free and get pictures with his great catch.

I believe I was charging $10 a plate which was a lot of money at that time. My 120 guests devoured the entire thing, or at least everything that was edible.

-WLY-

Re: nj here

i'm in westfield. north jersey. grew up at LBI at the shore. still down there as well.
not sure what it says about being from newark. my father was a cop in newark and my mom is from east orange. i know what it said about them was that they grew up poor and had to work hard to get out and raise me at the shore,haha.
my gf is an attorney in newark now. damn we cant get away from that place!!!
jersey my whole life and proud of it. i dont know how you can be from jersey and diss north jersey. i live north and south, but have to defend our state everyday as i work in manhattan.
comeon wholovsya, you gotta rep the whole state when you're born and raised here!!!

You are correct. My diss of North Jersey was mostly tongue in cheek. They are 2 different worlds though. You boys are way too rough for me. Ever been down to Vineland?

-WLY-

TheNJKid

EOG Enthusiast

You are correct. My diss of North Jersey was mostly tongue in cheek. They are 2 different worlds though. You boys are way too rough for me. Ever been down to Vineland?

-WLY-

i'm just joking!i actually dont think i ever have been to vineland. i know where it is. i may have to check out the vineland scene!!

BEANTOWNJIM

Banned

HEY NJKID IS THAT A F-G SIGNAL YOUR FLASHING ON YOUR AVATAR I HOPE NOT BECAUSE THIS IS A HETEROSEXUEL FORUM WE DONT ALLOW WEIRDOS GOT IT NJKID.SO CHANGE YOUR AVATAR I HAD TROUBLE WITH YOU BEFORE AND I HOPE IT WILL END NOW.GET RID OF THE F-G AVATAR AND WE WONT HAVE A PROBLEM.

HEY NJKID IS THAT A F-G SIGNAL YOUR FLASHING ON YOUR AVATAR I HOPE NOT BECAUSE THIS IS A HETEROSEXUEL FORUM WE DONT ALLOW WEIRDOS GOT IT NJKID.SO CHANGE YOUR AVATAR I HAD TROUBLE WITH YOU BEFORE AND I HOPE IT WILL END NOW.GET RID OF THE F-G AVATAR AND WE WONT HAVE A PROBLEM.

gopherbob

EOG Dedicated

i used to live in sayreville, was born in bayonne.

I have held residence in Vineland, Cherry hill, Brownsmills, and Wildwood. As a youngster I picked cherry tomatos for 8 cents a pint.

Bagiant

EOG Dedicated

I'm from Newark originally then moved to West Orange, Parsippany then Westfield before moving to California. With this passing year, I'm now in CA. longer than I lived in Joisey. Some beautiful places in Northern Jersey. Don't judge things by what's right off the turnpike.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

North Jersey doesn't really count. JJ Gold is from Newark which says a lot. North Jersey smells like factory smog and refineries. I have to hold my breath nearly all the way up the Turnpike and into NY.

I live in Vineland, NJ. Vineland is the second largest city in the country area wise. We also have the best seafood in the state. I once served up an octopus for 120 guests and news crews. Delicious.

-WLY-

I worked in vineland for a couple of months. Little dirty for my liking.

I once got food poisoning from a McDonald's in Elizabeth, NJ.

Junior

EOG Veteran

I don't live there now but I grew up there. Northern NJ in Clifton.

Hey Reload,
Do you remember a bar/restaurant called J.P's Cafe on Route 3 just before the Howard Johnson's near Clifton? Just up the road bout a mile or 2 from Giants stadium? I use to work there.. Thursday nights ladies night use to see Lawrence Taylor, Beasley Reece, Joey Danelo and Byron Hunt there every week. I grew up in North Bergen.