MLB Trivia Question

Who was the only pitcher in MLB history to save more than 40 games and win more than 10 games in one season?

:+clueless

Journeyman

EOG Master
Re: MLB Trivia Question

I know it's not Mike MArshall but he was the guy with the rubber arm.

He pitched in over 100 games in a season (106) in 1974,he won 15 and saved 21 that yr..

Another yr he won 14 and saved 31

He also won 43 games and saved 70 over a 3 season period, remarkable! Finishing 4th , 2nd and 1st in the Cy Young Award vote in that same period.

I know the answer but will hold off....good question.

munson15

I want winners...

Who was the only pitcher in MLB history to save more than 40 games and win more than 10 games in one season?

:+clueless
Wild guess, Willie Hernandez, 1984? I think he won the Cy Young that year.

Hint:

He was a member of the Oakland A's when he accomplished this feat, and it was his only season in Oakland

Following the 2004 season he was signed to a 1-year contract by his original team, the Toronto Blue Jays. He was released by the team during Spring Training, at which time an angry Koch announced that he would not attempt to sign with another team, so that the Blue Jays would be on the hook for 'every penny' of his $950,000 salary. As of 2007, he has not played baseball professionally since then.<sup id="cite_ref-1" class="reference">[2]</sup>
During Toronto's 2nd game of the season at Tampa Bay, Koch showed up at the game wearing a replica jersey of Aubrey Huff, at the time a Devil Rays player. Koch joked with the Toronto Bullpen, heckling the Blue Jays and calling one of the pitchers a "bum". Koch commented that he planned to take 240 students from his children's Tampa area grade school to the game, and planned to have them hold up a sign saying 'Go Devil Rays'.<sup id="cite_ref-2" class="reference">[3]</sup>