MET STILL HUNG OVER??

It seems like the METS are stilling hanging their heads after last years colapse.

I was listening to sports radio this morning and they were talking about the METS and how their offense has struggled with exception of the new guys who weren't really a part of the 2007 season.

Guys like Ryan Church who is just killing it! .324/8/30 and Brian Schneider at .321.

Wright isn't himself yet and Beltran is shitting the bed so far...plus they have had a few injuries to start the season...

Maine and Santana have kept the team above water as starters and Wagner is Wagner.....but they will need some help from the bats to win the division.

The team needs some help from the 5-9 guys who just did nothing at the end of last season....

They are only 2 games out of first place...but this could get worse before it get better..imo.

So the question is....[ARE THE METS STILL HUNG OVER FROM 2007?] :+clueless

Journeyman

EOG Master
Re: MET STILL HUNG OVER??

They're just not that good, and Ryan Church has been a great addition, but overall the Mets are just a slightly above avg team.

Delgado and Beltran are really struggling....after Maine and Santana the starters are just avg and if they really think Martinez is going to come back and give them a full season of the old Pedro, umm well....I doubt anyone other than the Devil thinks that....the Mets are not a particularly good fielding team either

One bright spot so far Billy Wagners arm appears to sewn back on really well. 0.00 ERA for the fireballer.

I AGREE...THEIR NOT THAT GOOD...ESPECIALLY IN THE BOTTOM OF THE LINE-UP!! AND THEY GOT SOME OLD FVCKERS TOO!!

Journeyman

EOG Master

They're still a little better than the Yankees.

It seems like no matter who the Mets sign whether it be Bobby Bo, Eddie Murray, Robbie Alomar, Mo Vaughn, Pedro, Billy Wagner, Delgado, Beltran, Johan, they still can't win ....

When you become a Met, you become a Mut.

Moldoveanu

EOG Master

fuck the mets they suck so badly i hope they dont make the playoffs i cant believe they play like one of the worst teams in baseball they

can not hit a pitcher that every other team kills they can not hit vs nobody
and thier pitchers are not doing good vs shitty teams!

thats bull shit !

and obviously today they are doing nothing at all seems like they dont care

at all winning and just dont give a fuck about some games at all!

they just come swing and lose and go to sleep fuckers

ShavenCoinpurse

EOG Dedicated

The Mets are terrible. They are a couple games over .500 but they are in arguably the worst division in baseball. They have stars that are way past their prime and young guys that are way overhyped. I don't see them making the playoffs.

Journeyman

EOG Master

The Mets are terrible. They are a couple games over .500 but they are in arguably the worst division in baseball. They have stars that are way past their prime and young guys that are way overhyped. I don't see them making the playoffs.

But will the Yankees? :rolleyes:

Salo

EOG Dedicated

It's getting a little testy in the Mets' clubhouse:

From The Sporting News:
It was also a case of frustration for the Mets in the locker room after the game. Closer Billy Wagner, who didn't pitch on Thursday, was surrounded by reporters for his post-game comments.
"Can someone tell me why the (expletive) the closer's being interviewed when I didn't even play," Wagner told the reporters.
Wagner then turned and pointed toward the opposite side of the room, in the direction of the locker of Delgado and Beltran.
"You should be talking to those guys over there," Wagner continued. "Oh, they're not there..big shock."
At that point Wagner walked away.

The Devil

EOG Master

METS NEED TO GET RID OF WILLIE RANDOLPH..............JUST SEEMS THERE IS NO SPARK ON THE TEAM.....

THEY NEED A LARRY BOWA TYPE TO MANAGE THEM.........

Journeyman

EOG Master

Billy Wagner's still chomping at the bit over blowing that 10-8 comeback win over Philly last season. :(

Moldoveanu

EOG Master

FUCK i had the METS the last team on my parlay

i cant fucking believe when i saw wagner coming in i knew i was in trouble

that guy kills me!!

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

METS NEED TO GET RID OF WILLIE RANDOLPH..............JUST SEEMS THERE IS NO SPARK ON THE TEAM.....

THEY NEED A LARRY BOWA TYPE TO MANAGE THEM.........

I said that about the yanks and people laughed at me. They said that Torre is great and the Yanks DIDNT need a guy who was fire and brimstone. Girardi is a mini-Torre, he just sits there like a statue.

You NEED a manager who's going to go fucking ballistic on occasion..he's gotta show these spoiled, pampered millionaires that baseball is life and this shit is extremely important and that its NOT ok just to show up and collect a paycheck.

Moldoveanu

EOG Master

i hope they keep losing!! they dont deserve to have so much money!

especially watching Beltran that fucker on sunday going 0 for 5 really swining the bat so stupid!

delgado hitting ridicoulously, snider does not hit any lick!!

juist get them of all these guys and get the new young future stars!!

i hope they keep losing al lof thier games! they make me sick!

The Devil

EOG Master

METS AND YANKS ARE BOTH IN TROUBLE.....MAY BE A LONG SEASON FOR NEW YOKK BASEBALL......