Do you pray at night?

I don't. At least not since 3rd grade. I do give a little wink to the man upstairs if I need my chalk to cover. I am cool with him and he is cool with me. I just don't understand the theory of prayer. The good Lord should be able to read minds after all these years so why waste time speaking to him? If you are mute do you have a prayer disadvantage?

I would imagine some of you will say your prayers just in case. Does it work?

-WLY-

Re: Do you pray at night?

I don't say prays, but the rest of my crew does...if I feel like I need a pray for myself or someone else..I ask my little girl to say it for me...she's tight with the man upstairs.

I pray every day...

I didn't really have a Higher Power who I call God until Feb 3, 2006...

Also, I don't pray for stuff like "let me please win this game, lol"

I pray for others, I thank God for all he has done in my life, and I ask for guidance to carry out his will, not mine..

THE SHRINK

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!

I don't. At least not since 3rd grade. I do give a little wink to the man upstairs if I need my chalk to cover. I am cool with him and he is cool with me. I just don't understand the theory of prayer. The good Lord should be able to read minds after all these years so why waste time speaking to him? If you are mute do you have a prayer disadvantage?

-WLY-
I pray to the Sun, especially when it is really hot outside.

Even though I do not pray, I am very spiritually minded. I am glad to see the Shrinky boys do not worship satan.

-WLY-

Journeyman

EOG Master

I don't think there is a higher power, have seen zero evidence that there is , I'll leave it at that...yes I am a thankful person but to me, God is like Santa for grownups.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!

I don't think there is a higher power, have seen zero evidence that there is , I'll leave it at that...yes I am a thankful person but to me, God is like Santa for grownups.

Try the Sun Jman. I pray to the Sun because I know it exists for I see it every day.:+textinb3

:smokesmalALWAYS-BEEN DOING IT FOREVER-IT WOULD BE HARD NOT FOR ME TO READ MATT.5-1 WHEN I GET TO BIG FOR MY OWN BRITCHES-

mattg71

EOG Member

No. While I believe in a higher power, I honestly don't think he/she/it is listening to us fools anymore.

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

No. While I believe in a higher power, I honestly don't think he/she/it is listening to us fools anymore.

Let me assure you, mattg, God is always listening. Let me suggest that you simply pray as Jesus taught us...

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

...and remember, the purpose of prayer is to conform our will with God's will..."Thy will be done"....or as Jesus prayed in the Garden of Gethsemane, "Father, it it is possible, let this cup pass, but not My will, but Thy will be done."

Let me assure you, mattg, God is always listening. Let me suggest that you simply pray as Jesus taught us...

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

...and remember, the purpose of prayer is to conform our will with God's will..."Thy will be done"....or as Jesus prayed in the Garden of Gethsemane, "Father, it it is possible, let this cup pass, but not My will, but Thy will be done."

No.

Every night are life on earth is just a snap of the finger, cant wait for eternal life in heaven.

Every night are life on earth is just a snap of the finger, cant wait for eternal life in heaven.

If god is omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent why would somebody have to DIE for the world to even have a chance to be saved?

batman

EOG Enthusiast

-WLY-
i pray ,but not as much as i once did.sometimes i will go to my grandparents graves,and i pray that their doing okay,and bless our family down here.my grandmother loved flowers.she worked her flowers out all the time,and prepared flowers fo the church,until she had a stroke.i say a special prayer,that she can see the most beautiful flowers in heaven.:cheers

rainbow

EOG Master

I pray everyday, I use to PRAY for all the wrong things, I use to pray that I win this game, I use to PRAY to God TO PLEASE BAIL me out this last time, it will never happen again, these days I THANK GOD for letting me WAKE-UP in the MORNING, I pray for my FAMILY and OTHERS as WELL, if PEOPLE don?t THINK PRAYERS HELP I feel SORRY for them. without GODS HELP I would be LOST, he is the ONE that has me CLEAN and SOBER these days. I have so MUCH to be THANKFUL for to GOD, and you don?t have to be RICH to be HAPPY, my MOTHER TAUGHT me that MANY YEARS AGO, and it took along time for that to SOAK in my BRAIN.

rainbow

EOG Master

To answer your QUESTION, YES I PRAY at night, but its REAL IMPORTANT for me to PRAY IN THE MORNING as well.