Need cellphone (purchase) advice...

Some info first:

It's not for me, I HATE cellphones, I think it is the worst invention ever ! I barely know how to use one. It is for the wife. I despise the evil device, I can't play the radio in the car anymore because she is always talking to somebody when we drive anywhere.

Wife is not tech oriented at all, it doesn't need a keyboard and high-tech features, nothing more than a camera is called for.

Present phone is like 4-5 years old ( no camera), no service contract problems, that can be changed at will. Service would be in Connecticut.

This kills two stones with one bird, so to speak. Her Birthday is in about a week, so I'd like to use this as a Birthday present saving me some BS ! :LMAO

What I need is recomendations (sp) for a suitable phone, and service provider, and I kinda need it in a week.

Thanks for any suggestions !

Re: Need cellphone (purchase) advice...

Get the wife a cell phone. Fine.

Get the wife a cell phone with a camera? You are now playing with fire.

Doug,

Up until this year, I have always went with Samsung phones with zero problems. I switched to the LG enV this year and I love it but would go back to a samsung in a minute if they top the enV.

As far as service, Verizon is my favorite. I've used Cingular/ AT&T, Sprint, and we use TMobile at work. Verizon beats them.

Go there and ask for a basic plan with the free phone. Should get you what you want.

the Feds can track your whereabouts with subscription cell phones , dont use them! buy the throw away ones every month

Doug,

Up until this year, I have always went with Samsung phones with zero problems. I switched to the LG enV this year and I love it but would go back to a samsung in a minute if they top the enV.

As far as service, Verizon is my favorite. I've used Cingular/ AT&T, Sprint, and we use TMobile at work. Verizon beats them.

Go there and ask for a basic plan with the free phone. Should get you what you want.

I'll check Verizon, presently ATT/Cingular

wick city

EOG Enthusiast

She is so basic when it comes to the features she needs, the phone type doesn't matter much.

the Feds can track your whereabouts with subscription cell phones , dont use them! buy the throw away ones every month

I don't deal coke or something. If the Feds want to listen to my wife talk to Martha (Washington as I call her), so be it.

I'm not on the most wanted list ( to my knowledge), no concern about tracking.

Unless you're 16 years old or a global mover and shaker, isn't the purpose of a cell phone to be a telephone?

Sounds like you aren't the iPhone type but man they sure are awesome.

I can check updates all my stocks with the click of a button, check the weather forecast, watch youtube videos, check my email.

And just as importantly, I can place bets from my iPhone.
You can browse the web like a normal computer instead of getting the shitty mobile versions of a website.

It also has google maps and turn by turn navigation.

I never thought I'd need that, but I've used it a lot.

Search for where you want to go, and it gives you directions based on your current location, turn by turn.

Tuckman

Uh Poster

Anything but NEXTEL!

those walkie talkie phones are the most annoying inventions ever, people have no respect for anyone thats around when they are shouting back and forth for everyone to hear the convo they are having :rolleyes:

Angelsfire

EOG Dedicated

Road Dawg has good idea Doug. I would go with what ever will get ya the free phone too.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

i have had Verizon for so long - they were AirTouch when i first started

as for phones and what you want - one of the best sites - and one i use almost all the time

Phone Scoop

you can look at phones my model, manufacturer, etc

best off all you can compare a few phones side-by-side and see the features and all on the same screen

I'll check it Winky.... need a very low-tech phone and a plan that features lots of minutes for the yacky wife, nothing beyond a camera is needed.