What do I do with Cavs +635?

sean1

EOG Dedicated
Relatively serious amount of money - loss would not bother me, but win would mean 5 or 6 vacations... Do I hedge? Will the line be -300?

Sean

Re: What do I do with Cavs +635?

Let it ride. Cavaliers will win decisively, if not they always can rely on getting 18 to 5 foul shots in the first half.

ShavenCoinpurse

EOG Dedicated

Cavs get killed in Game 7.. hedge. Have you guys not been watching the playoffs? Home teams win and cover most of the time. And Celtics are the biggest example. 7-0 home.. 0-6 road... hedge sean.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

I just got off the Phone with Charles Barkley and Chuckie has the entire
400k he owes Vegas on the Cavs ML for game #7

:smokesmalif you chose to hedge-HERE IS ANOTHER THOUGHT-IF THE MONEYLINE ON GAME SEVEN IS TOO HIGH-PERHAPS YOU MIGHT GET A BETTER PAY BY CHOOSING THE CELTS TO WIN EAST -TRY TO FIND A BOOK WITH A GOOD PRICE-THEN YOU WOULD GET PLUS MONEY WITH PISTONS--DO THE MATH--GOOD LUCK TO YOU-

Relatively serious amount of money - loss would not bother me, but win would mean 5 or 6 vacations... Do I hedge? Will the line be -300?

Sean

I think line will be at least -500

sean1

EOG Dedicated

Seems to me the NBA wants 7 games - when cavs were down in the 1st half, fouls were ridiculous.

I have to think NBA wants Boston in game 7...

Celtics will be a substantial Money Line Favorite...

You just might not be that thrilled when you see this line..

I hold and pray, knowing I have the best of it in game 7 for value....

Bagiant

EOG Dedicated

Why don't you bet the Cav on the ML in game 7 and also take the Celtics on the ML to hedge your bet.

IT will not be -500... -6.5 at best

I'd expect an inflated line on the home side with the way this years playoffs have gone so far,Sean !

I think my -500 will be dead on. I would prefer Cleveland to win.

ShavenCoinpurse

EOG Dedicated

Damn it Shrink. If you don't tell who that gorgeous woman in your avatar is I am going to flip out.....

:smokesmalSECOND THOUGHT -I WOULD TAKE EVERY DIME I WAGERED ON CAVS-PLUS WHAT YOU WOULD WIN AND BET ML ON CELTS--CANNOT SEE CAVS WINNING GAME 7 --THINK IT OVER-WORSE CASE YOU BREAK EVEN-

sean1

EOG Dedicated

If it is -500, I will quadruple my bet on +400 or better...

Sean

sean1

EOG Dedicated

-500 would be fine too.. I just hope it isn;t -425 (Then I sit) -300, I bet boston, -500, I bet cleveland...

sean1

EOG Dedicated

I will point this out - I doubt it is +500 or better, but if it is, Cavs are a ridiculous bet. Hell - best player on the court +400 or better is a great bet

:smokesmalEXAMPLE SEAN--IF I HAD CAVS AT +600 FOR SERIES AGAINST THE CELTS--I WAGERED 100.00-MY RETURN IN TOTAL IS 700.00 DOLLARS. IF I WERE IN YOUR SHOES/AND FELT CAVS WERE NOT GOING TO WIN/I WOULD WAGER 700.00 ON CELTS ON THE MONEYLINE--PROBABLY-450/OR EVEN 500.00 THE WAY HOME TEAMS ARE WINNING.IT ALSO DEPENDS ON YOUR FINANCIAL SITUATION/MAYBE--JUST MAYBE THE CAVS COULD COME THRU FOR YOU--IT IS YOUR DECISION-GOOD LUCK TO YOU-

-500 would be fine too.. I just hope it isn;t -425 (Then I sit) -300, I bet boston, -500, I bet cleveland...

more on Clev +500, when you have them +635, and think about hedging ?

seems you'd just sit with the initial bet ?

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zZls5ZH5ytA&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zZls5ZH5ytA&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

not the best Doors song, but five to one fits...

I love the lyric ..."trading your hours for a handfiull of dimes"

I always thought Morrison was refering to working a grunt Wal-mart type job.

I love the Doors, but this song is far from his best.

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

I think you are experienced enough to know what to do, but if you were looking for a look at me I made a great bet congrats.

Then Congrats on making a good bet!! I think that is what this is really about.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!

Just opened 8.5 at the Greek so don't expect much better than -400ish. I would just ride the storm out here.

You have GOT to ride it out...

When you took this big of a long shot, didn't you figure it might go 7?

You don't have that much equity to hedge and I see so many gamblers lose value and money by hedging because they fail to count all the times they lose buy cannot hedge...

You have an edge...

Taking ML on Celtics is a separate bet now with NO edge...

I wouldn't hedge, period...

Why make the bet then to start with it?

THE SHRINK

SSI

EOG Dedicated

Shrink is right here. i also have the Cav's (+6.00) but only $100 to win $600 and im riding it out... there may be a chance at the half to do something but other than that, ill ride it out..

however, i also have the hornets (+1.20) $200 to win $240 and there is a shot at a middle there, that i may consider.

Sell some or all of it during live in-game betting on the exchanges (e.g., matchbook).

You'll either have much better hedge odds, or you will feel more confident letting it ride -- plus you can buy back at any time.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!

You have GOT to ride it out...

When you took this big of a long shot, didn't you figure it might go 7?

You don't have that much equity to hedge and I see so many gamblers lose value and money by hedging because they fail to count all the times they lose buy cannot hedge...

You have an edge...

Taking ML on Celtics is a separate bet now with NO edge...

I wouldn't hedge, period...

Why make the bet then to start with it?

THE SHRINK
What he said.