America Documented #97 Most Peaceful Country!!

For those of you distracted by the NBA Playoffs and not really keeping up with something called the Global Peace Index, you'll be glad (or maybe frightened) to know that there are 96 less violent countries than the United States.

This is particularly distressing as it comes at a time when my taser gun is in the shop.

Most "got that peaceful, easy feelin'? place to live"

Iceland, where there has evidently never been even one recording of a dog-sled drive-by. You can live to be 120 there (but who would want to?)

DW-WORLD.DE - Top Stories

Heim

EOG Master
Re: America Documented #97 Most Peaceful Country!!

Jeff,

How far do we move up the list if your neighbors
move out ?? :)

Jeff,

Gimme the address. I will call the cops. Your days of drug dealing, ho beating, anarchy will be over in under 24 hours. :)

I can vouch for Iceland. It is safe.

1974. As a young person, took el cheapo Icelandic Airlines from New York to London with a 45 minute-stopover in Keflavik, Iceland. (A USAF base at the time; may still be.)

We were all kids going to backpack around Europe for the summer, and they crammed us in that plane like (to coin a phrase) sardines.

The plane really didn't need to stop in Iceland, other than they wanted us all to go in and shop in what was equivalent to the Stuckey's gift shop of the day. Lot of exotic stuff for sale to impress your friends back in the US.

Very safe and friendly country. Saw no rap musicians, no low-riders, and not one tattoo.

Hopefully for them, a quarter of a century (and more) later, they still don't receive MTV.

Iceland deserves documented #1!