Mods are stiffs at a much high percentage then regular posters

Blondie

EOG Master
Re: Mods are stiffs at a much high percentage then regular posters

Do you have statistics to back this up Raiders?

Just know mods that are stiffs and some haven't been called out on the forums. JMan and Madcapper are two forum mods that have been exposed.

I can't see myself lending money to anyone I don't know on-line

Blondie

EOG Master

Ok, but to make a statement like this, one would think you woud want to have some proof to back yourself up with.

Another question, how can you state that the percentage of mods that are stiff is higher than regular posters, without knowing each poster and whether or not they are a stiff?

Wouldn't one need to have access to more information to make a proper judgment?

Unless you have access into the lives of each poster and each moderator, I would have to question your results and assumptions...

jwunderdog

EOG Addicted

If I had to guess I would say raiders is right, but I would agree with Blondie almost impossible to prove since we have no idea the % of posters that are stiffs.

raiders brings up an interesting topic...

Although there aren't any stats available to support his claim, I'd have to agree with what he says...

It is indeed easier for a MOD to get CREDIT at a sports book compared to your average every day poster...

Since there are much fewer mods than posters, it seems logical that their % of stiffing would naturally be higher...

P.S.

I am suprised you left out Patrick McStiff from this list...

THE SHRINK

Blondie

EOG Master

Here? How new are you?

Jeff, I was referring to all forums and all moderators. Another thing is are we discussing straight percentages of the entire posting group versus moderators, or are we discussing this proportionally?

Another note Professor Jeff, I have never stated whether I agree or disagree with Raiders, I have merely asked him if he can support his statements.

Journeyman

EOG Master

Many seem to be heavy into drug use as well.

I would rather stiff one person than be addicted to drugs, you can pay someone back but getting off drugs is much harder and much more harmful.

People make mistakes, owing a person money is one thing, being a drug addict and possibly harming someone because one is walking around or driving in society half baked or strung out is much worse.

I woldn't hire someone who did drugs regularly either.

Angelsfire

EOG Dedicated

I'm :+clueless :+clueless :+clueless (learning) Stiffs? Good morning Blondie.. Sill waking up here.. Have a great day.

I woldn't hire someone who did drugs regularly...

Yep, a "yes" checked in the box to the question "Do you use drugs regularly?" on the new-hire application form all too often leads to heartbreak for the prospective employee candidate.

Blondie

EOG Master

Angel, Stiffs are not what you are thinking I am sure :D

A stiff is someone who owes someone else (bookie, sports book, etc) and refuses to pay for whatever lame pathetic reason they might give.

Or... it can be reversed....

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!

I would rather stiff one person than be addicted to drugs, you can pay someone back but getting off drugs is much harder and much more harmful.

People make mistakes, owing a person money is one thing, being a drug addict and possibly harming someone because one is walking around or driving in society half baked or strung out is much worse.

I woldn't hire someone who did drugs regularly either.
Posts like this make it tougher and tougher for me to play devil's advocate on your behalf.

Yep, a "yes" checked in the box to the question "Do you use drugs regularly?" on the new-hire application form all too often leads to heartbreak for the prospective employee candidate.

Why not have your perspective mods, who live halfway across the continent, take a drug test?:+clueless

soli

EOG Dedicated

Damn!! with those percentages, there is a strong possibility that a Mod is stiffing somebody right now as we speak.

Damn!! with those percentages, there is a strong possibility that a Mod is stiffing somebody right now as we speak.

I saw a piece on it on 20/20. Moderator stiffing is America's dirty little secret.

(no pun intended)

Angelsfire

EOG Dedicated

Angel, Stiffs are not what you are thinking I am sure :D

A stiff is someone who owes someone else (bookie, sports book, etc) and refuses to pay for whatever lame pathetic reason they might give.

Or... it can be reversed....
Thanks I was thinking along those lines just was not sure.
There was a time that welching on a bet. Not paying up on a bet, or debt would get you shot.. In a word "Integrity" lack of more like it...:doh1 lol going to get my Ray Gun.:smokesmal

Dante

EOG Veteran

Raiders.... I do not know but I think the good non druggy mods outnumber the ones that are stiffs and scammers..... I for one when I was a mod took that seriously and never abused that position or even thought about stiffing/scamming anyone...there are Lots of GOOD and honorable mods at all of the forums.... I think they outnumber the bad

IMO

In all seriousness,

Dante was one of the classiest moderators that I have ever worked with...

THE SHRINK

Dante

EOG Veteran

thank you for the kind words Shrink....

jwunderdog

EOG Addicted

Raiders.... I do not know but I think the good non druggy mods outnumber the ones that are stiffs and scammers..... I for one when I was a mod took that seriously and never abused that position or even thought about stiffing/scamming anyone...there are Lots of GOOD and honorable mods at all of the forums.... I think they outnumber the bad

IMO

Come on Dante you STIFFED ME- You were suppose to send me an RX shirt in 2002, I am still waiting- or is 6 years just considered a "SLOW PAY"?:doh1

I saw a piece on it on 20/20. Moderator stiffing is America's dirty little secret.

(no pun intended)

yep, I think I saw that one with John Stossel. A real eye opener

I hear Chris Hansen and Dateline are planning "To catch a Stiffing Mod" for sweeps week

Dante

EOG Veteran

Come on Dante you STIFFED ME- You were suppose to send me an RX shirt in 2002, I am still waiting- or is 6 years just considered a "SLOW PAY"?:doh1

YOUR right JDUB!! I think its still in slowpay mode I sent it to that Poster IVY from the old NASA forum from 1999 that we all loved by mistake:cocktail.... if you ever make it to a rx Bash ill give you one of my old shirts ( still in good condition)

jwunderdog

EOG Addicted

YOUR right JDUB!! I think its still in slowpay mode I sent it to that Poster IVY from the old NASA forum from 1999 that we all loved by mistake:cocktail.... if you ever make it to a rx Bash ill give you one of my old shirts ( still in good condition)

YOU STIFFS ALWAYS HAVE AN EXCUSE!!!

NASA-:LMAO - been a long time -was it really 1999 we were at NASA?

5 star bomb

EOG Master

1 mod has stiffed me but I will not release his name. I am over it

I would rather stiff one person than be addicted to drugs,
rat and stiff are the only things that bother me about gamblers.

Drug use is a separate issue although drugs may lead to reasons why a person is a stiff.