HBO revisits 2000 election with 'Recount'

HBO revisits 2000 election with 'Recount' - CNN.com

<!--startclickprintexclude-->Political operatives who were involved in the most dramatic election of our lifetimes say HBO's "Recount" brings back the intensity. <!-- PURGE: /2008/SHOWBIZ/TV/05/22/hbo.recount.ap/art.hbo.recount.ap.jpg --><!-- KEEP --><!----><!--===========IMAGE============-->
<!--===========/IMAGE===========-->

<!-- /PURGE: /2008/SHOWBIZ/TV/05/22/hbo.recount.ap/art.hbo.recount.ap.jpg --> <!--endclickprintexclude--> Not all the details are perfect in the made-for-TV movie that condenses the 36 days it took to decide the 2000 presidential election into two hours, and Republicans aren't thrilled that their opponents come across as the film's heroes, but the consensus is the filmmakers summed up the spirit of the events that had the world on edge.

"Maybe it was little bit like somebody who was at Pearl Harbor watching a movie about Pearl Harbor," said Mac Stipanovich, a Republican lobbyist who advised then Florida Secretary of State Katherine Harris during the recount.
Mitchell Berger, a lawyer on then Vice President Al Gore's team, had a similar reaction.

"I was there 35 days and there were moments that were kind of hard to watch again," Berger said immediately after the lights came up at a "Recount" premiere in Jacksonville. (The film will be broadcast 9 p.m. EDT Sunday on HBO.)

DimeDR

Banned
Re: HBO revisits 2000 election with 'Recount'

i dont think there are too many open minded researchers that dont know that bush lost both elections

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

I remember the nite the servers went down in Ohio with Kerry ahead ....

I knew damn well what was happening

DimeDR

Banned

yeah and the exit polls at 2 pm pac. time had kerry as a 7/1 fave at OLY

both sides are crookeder as hell.

Bush had his brother and Katherine Harris and others pulling their weight, Gore had his people and only wanted heavily democratic counties recounted

Fraud and lies exist on both sides from voting machines to dead people voting not to mention all the other scare tactics and vote suppression that goes on

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Ego ...

"It's not the people who vote that count. It's the people who count the votes." (Josef Stalin)

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

I expect the worse in November

Even if Obama is elected King Dipshit has 2 months to take out the
Hoover Dam with Blackwater Thugs dressed up as Iranians and
then declare Martial Law and wreck havoc on this country

The National Security and Homeland Security Presidential Directive, signed on May 9, 2007 declares that in the event of a ?catastrophic event?, George W. Bush can become what is best described as "a dictator":

"The President shall lead the activities of the Federal Government for ensuring constitutional government."

This directive, completely unnoticed by the media, and given no scrutiny by Congress, literally gives the White House unprecedented dictatorial power over the government and the country, bypassing the US Congress and obliterating the separation of powers. The directive also placed the Secretary of Homeland Security in charge of domestic ?security?.

New presidential directive gives Bush dictatorial power

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

And while she hasn't seen the movie, Harris took exception with her portrayal as it was described to her. Actress Laura Dern largely portrays her as ditzy and self-centered. In one scene, former Secretary of State James Baker watches Harris' first news conference after the election and says: "This woman is hopeless. We're going to need some help on this."

That's when Stipanovich is called to advise her. The film shows Stipanovich and then-Division of Elections Director Clay Roberts telling Harris what she should do. Harris said Stipanovich was never with her when she and her legal team made final decisions, but only helped her write some press statements.

"For the last seven and one-half years, I have done all I can to explain my decisions, which were fair and just while following the letter of the law," Harris wrote in an e-mail. "While it is not pleasant being lied about, mocked, or having this film's comic book caricature presented as who I am, I am at peace _ knowing before my God, my friends, and my family that I acted with honor and integrity."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/05/22/hbos-recount-c...

:+textinb3:+textinb3:+textinb3:+textinb3:+textinb3:+textinb3:+textinb3:+textinb3:+textinb3:+textinb3

Been looking forward to this movie on HBO. And I still remember falling asleep that election night with the television on, waking up the next morning, and all the same newscasters still sitting at the same desk talking about it.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

I remember that nite very well ....

43 and 41 together in the same room and then 41 gets on the phone:

"Jeb .... I dont want to hear it .... either get Junior Florida or your ass
is out of the will ..."

That APPOINTMENT will be a milestone as this country looks back on
what the fuck happened so quickly

HBO revisits 2000 election with 'Recount' - CNN.com

<!--startclickprintexclude-->Political operatives who were involved in the most dramatic election of our lifetimes say HBO's "Recount" brings back the intensity. <!-- PURGE: /2008/SHOWBIZ/TV/05/22/hbo.recount.ap/art.hbo.recount.ap.jpg --><!-- KEEP --><!----><!--===========IMAGE============-->
<!--===========/IMAGE===========-->

<!-- /PURGE: /2008/SHOWBIZ/TV/05/22/hbo.recount.ap/art.hbo.recount.ap.jpg --> <!--endclickprintexclude--> Not all the details are perfect in the made-for-TV movie that condenses the 36 days it took to decide the 2000 presidential election into two hours, and Republicans aren't thrilled that their opponents come across as the film's heroes, but the consensus is the filmmakers summed up the spirit of the events that had the world on edge.

"Maybe it was little bit like somebody who was at Pearl Harbor watching a movie about Pearl Harbor," said Mac Stipanovich, a Republican lobbyist who advised then Florida Secretary of State Katherine Harris during the recount.
Mitchell Berger, a lawyer on then Vice President Al Gore's team, had a similar reaction.

"I was there 35 days and there were moments that were kind of hard to watch again," Berger said immediately after the lights came up at a "Recount" premiere in Jacksonville. (The film will be broadcast 9 p.m. EDT Sunday on HBO.)

Did the Democrats find some more chads to make some more votes out of or did they just finally admit that they lost and decided they better use the chads to wipe their ass with ?

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

I wish God would do a recount on the number of Republican Retards
he has sent to this Forum ...

HotShotHarvey

EOG Veteran

Why watch America get corn-holed again??? This should play ONLY on FOX-NOT-THE-NEWS!!!!

I saw this a couple of days ago!! Looks pretty good to me!!
I think Kevin Spacey plays the main role (Gore's campaign guy!)

Who plays the fluffer for America's asshole?? :thumbsup

Did the Democrats find some more chads to make some more votes out of or did they just finally admit that they lost and decided they better use the chads to wipe their ass with ?

First of all, we didn't lose, the Supreme Court APPOINTED this fuckin BOOBY to be our "president" and we've been FUCKED every since!!
Secondly, PLEASE come up with some good analogies, as "chads" are nowhere NEAR big enough to wipe your ass with and that feeble attempt at wit was about 6 miles short of funny...........TOOL!

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Bush wasnt elected in 2004 ...

Diebold / Smart Tech servers / Wally O'Dell

ENOUGH SAID?