The General will be missed

General was one of the best and nicest guys in the industry. He always told me that if I ever have a problem don't hesitate to ask and that applied to all posters.

One thing that I will like is that I'll be able to slip in a few more links and talk about other sites. General caught most of them.

Dickyw

EOG Senior Member
Re: The General will be missed

Agreed.

Good poster with a good mix of sports and OT stuff. Never took the posting personas to serious. The fact he never had a forum meltdown is amazing. Never knew him personally but he seemed like a good dude

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar

I appreciate that guys, esp from you 2 (known you 2 as long as any since I started being a moderator) which I have had disagreements with, but that stuff goes away fast as each new day brought new challenges with little time for hate and hard feelings to last long.

Thank you

The General

PS, It doesn't seem in this world that 'nice' really works for you. I've been turned down jobs with the reason, "You are too nice". Whatever, Lord forgive a man trying to be nice, but being a Marine and learning a lot about leadership, Never did they tell me I could not be nice as long as the mission was accomplished. However the mop flops.

Like Dalton said 'be nice until nice doesn't work, then we'll handle things differently and adapt".

It's one more week of intrigue.

Did Ken whack them?

Ken has managed two mid-level managers for years and, from what I can learn, treated them exceptionally well. So all of a sudden, he just up and fired his best two most trusted guys one day? That's kind of hard to believe.

Did General and Dirty whack Ken?

Even a worse puzzle. Dirty seems to have secret plans. The General is scrambling for work. Did they just get mad one day in concert and storm away? One guy leaves on his own, that's understandable in any business. Both leave at the same time, nah, that's absolute nonsense.

The General

There has been no whacking on either end, Jeff. Wish we could come to make everyone believe that. We (3), if I have any say will remain friends for the duration of our lives. We have created relationships that tender no need for dislike of one another. EOS.

But General, you can't be explaining in one post the Kum-ba-ya moment why you are long gone from EOG, and asking for job help in the next one.

The General

I'm posting Jeff. Step back and realize not all is what it seems. But, of course I am looking over many options, including looking for a local job and putting in applications along with talking to other friends and associates about anything. I think one should prepare for the worst and hope for the best. If nothing else, she will assure I have roof and food and even sex.

General,

Let's skip to the chase.. You could settle this right now.

What was wrong with the cush job you did for so many years for Shrink that you bail on him and all of a sudden has you contemplating positions at Jiffy Lube?

Let's see how fast you come back with that answer.

Dirty is always welcome to answer too.

General,

This isn't meant to cause any problems, I'm just curious. Why do you dislike Journeyman? Is it for the reasons everybody else does, or something unique? Don't take the highroad, he called you out and accused you of lying to the posters about your reasons for leaving, i.e. resigning 24hrs after receiving a paycut.

What is brewing there between you two?

Regards

People come and go from businesses all the time. Guys sell out their ownerships in business too. I'm not sure why General has to explain his move when the rest of us aren't required to do so.

People come and go from businesses all the time. Guys sell out their ownerships in business too. I'm not sure why General has to explain his move when the rest of us aren't required to do so.
Well, in your case for instance we all know why TFZ failed, so there's no need to do any explaining... :LMAO

But Journeyman called General out, and if what he says is true, General definitely smeared the truth of his departure, albeit in a non-confrontational, classy kind of way.

The General

I do not hate Journeyman. I do not hate anyone.

Jeff, with all due respect, you do not know the things required in the work here I was doing. It is not a cushy job in any way other than werkin from home and everyone in the business that has dealt with me should and will understand that. I worked a lot of things behind the forum that many of you know nothing of. I did a lot of good things that will never come out and for that I am glad, thankful for the opportunity and feel good about how I was able and do those good things, esp dispute resolution. Let me say something that I usually do not. I feel like I am one of the BEST persons in this entire industry to handle disputes. But I do not need attention and post about them nor make big headlines so posters can bash bash bash with no clue as to the facts.

BTW, check the Dump. I made a personal post to Journeyman and tried to make an amend. He can accept that or pass. I cannot control what he chooses to do.

I do not hate Journeyman. I do not hate anyone.

BTW, check the Dump. I made a personal post to Journeyman and tried to make an amend. He can accept that or pass. I cannot control what he chooses to do.

I don't know you personally like these guys do, but from everything I've read, all that comes to mind is 'politically correct'. You're conducting yourself in a classy manner, and that's respectable, but I feel if someone slings mud on you with the intent of making you look like a weasel, you answer back.

It's certainly within your right to "make amends" instead of throw down, and doing so would probably play right into J-Man's hands, but don't you ever just want to say MAN this guy is a fucking asshole and I'm glad I won't be around him anymore? :+clueless

Well, in your case for instance we all know why TFZ failed,
Where did you get that TFZ failed? SBR and TFZ started at the same time and you wouldn't believe how close the traffic was between the two sites.

When you have some of the best cappers on the forums, miceli, Tomorrow's Newspaper and AFLGuru posting plays they will come.

The Kyle Bill killed TFZ. I sold and got out of everything.

I would guess that General helped more posters to get paid then anyone and second isn't even close.

The General

but I feel if someone slings mud on you with the intent of making you look like a weasel, you answer back.

NO ONE HAS ANYTHING ON ME PERSONAL THAT WILL HURT ME IN ANYWAY! If someone fabricates the truth then I am in a position to let everyone decide what is true and what is not. That is a nice feeling since I have witnessed some of the most disturbing and unbelievable things transpire over the tenure. Lies about me have No affect because I hope one would require facts to support any accusations that I have some hidden skeleton that will hurt me in anyway. There is just NOTHING out there. It would have already been brought up. Likely long ago.

Journeyman

EOG Master

I have nothing against The General, people want to make more of it than it is, these forums are entertainment only for me.

While I have not always gotten along with him , I take my hat off to him , he found a way to make a nice income for many months doing this, and like Judge W said, it's not exactly a difficult job, mostly fun and you do it around your house or wherever, one can post from anywhere now days....

The General got more out of this forum business than any other poster who was eventually paid to post/mod and that achievment is undeniable.

From the standpoint of being employed to work for a forum, I can imagine what he is going thru more than most, you post for a website and are paid to do so for 1000's of consecutive days and then it's all gone just like that...it's definitely a weird feeling, even if he thinks he's ready he will be surprised and it may take a long time to adjust.

Where did you get that TFZ failed? SBR and TFZ started at the same time and you wouldn't believe how close the traffic was between the two sites.

When you have some of the best cappers on the forums, miceli, Tomorrow's Newspaper and AFLGuru posting plays they will come.

The Kyle Bill killed TFZ. I sold and got out of everything.

Gotta take Raiders side here. UIEGA killed or severely damaged EVERYBODY

We hung on for awhile at WW but we pretty much got out when we realized the light at the end of the tunnel was too far off

Just didn't make sense to stay in business unless you were like RX, EOG and SBR and had strong relationships already established in the industry and could absorb losses as long as they weren't huge

I'm sure Raiders has plenty of contacts in the industry, but for a time there, the small amount of money being spent by these books simply were not going to any of the smaller places

Journeyman

EOG Master

UIEGA ruined it for me.
I had a lot invested in this business and if it had not been for that damn bullshit criminal act by congress, a lot of things would have never changed , it cost me dearly....yeah I ended up screwing up my own situation but had that bill never passed a lot of things would have never changed...it will all work out in the end, but for me not in this business, which is probably a blessing anyway.

Apple

Banned

General was one of the best and nicest guys in the industry. He always told me that if I ever have a problem don't hesitate to ask and that applied to all posters.

One thing that I will like is that I'll be able to slip in a few more links and talk about other sites. General caught most of them.

Don't know him that well but from the few times I corresponded with him it sure seemed like he was a real nice guy.. He will definitely be missed.

UIEGA ruined it for me.
I had a lot invested in this business and if it had not been for that damn bullshit criminal act by congress, a lot of things would have never changed , it cost me dearly....yeah I ended up screwing up my own situation but had that bill never passed a lot of things would have never changed...it will all work out in the end, but for me not in this business, which is probably a blessing anyway.

We were actually doing fairly well for a place that opened in Jan '96. By football season '96 we had 3 paying sponsors (not affiliate deals) and things were looking bright for the future

We were never gonna be The RX or EOG, but we had some solid regulars and traffic was picking up as we got indexed better in Google, then UIGEA came back around and SQUASHED US, JUST ABSOLUTELY SQUASHED US :finger004

Imagine running an oil field in Texas and then the wells dry up, that's about what it did to the Gambling industry.

And as you said J Man, was probably a blessing as I was the Admin, Mod, Techie and about 4 or 5 other things at the forum. Couldn't afford to hire anybody so I pretty much did all the work and Whale bankrolled the place.

A lot less stress now, that's for sure.

TFZ1.com nothing going on there anymore. If you look in the looney bin you'll see threads with classic BTJ and JJGold.

I think that micelli now makes you register to view the site.

Contests were awesome. One was $1000/wk with no rollover.

Last edited by a moderator:

Apple

Banned

TFZ1.com nothing going on there anymore. If you look in the looney bin you'll see threads with classic BTJ and JJGold.

I think that micelli now makes you register to view the site.

Contests were awesome. One was $1000/wk with no rollover.

I fukked up not getting down on those.. slacker won a couple of those huh?

Last edited by a moderator:

Warning :partial hi-jack in progress and bragging.

Since the site is no threat here are a couple of comments.

I like the set-up at the home page much better there then EOG. It's easier to navigate.

Contests were better and cappers better. If I had Shrink's pull I'd be competing with the best of the forums.

EOG has always had the ugliest interface of all gambling forums, and quite possibly the entire internet.

Please give it a facelift. Immediately.

Ok Raiders, I know you're trying to "sneak 'em in" buddy. you already put up the website name, that's good enough

Ok Raiders, I know you're trying to "sneak 'em in" buddy. you already put up the website name, that's good enough
ego- It's dead. I don't think I've even posted there in a year. I was just trying to sneak in a couple of suggestions to EOG.

Since Crazy asked for the link, I purposely left it up for a good 30 minutes and also so our kid can call me an edit crazy lunatic or whatever :+textinb3