The "experience" question

I'm simply loving how McCain tries to use the "experience" card against Obama time and time again.

Let's think about this... in 2000 who was the more "experienced" candidate - Senator John McCain or Governor George W. Bush?

In 2000 who was the more "experienced" candidate - Vice President and former Senator Al Gore or Governor George W. Bush?

Exactly what has John McCain done with all this experience besides sponsor a bill that is a direct assault upon Amendment I?

Re: The "experience" question

New avatar Dawg, I like it.

McCain impresses me as a blathering old fool, it will be his cabinet and advisors that call the shots if he gets elected.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

McBush reminds me of what Reagan must have been like mentally
in the final stages

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2008/05/23/whose-judgment... /
John McCain argued that he?s shown better judgment on Iraq than Barack Obama, which, of course, doesn?t make any sense.

?Senator Obama has consistently offered his judgment on Iraq, and he has been consistently wrong. He said that General Petraeus? new strategy would not reduce sectarian violence, but would worsen it. He was wrong. He said the dynamics in Iraq would not change as a result of the ?surge.? He was wrong. One year ago, he voted to cut off all funds for our forces fighting extremists in Iraq. He was wrong?

?We continue to face challenges in Iraq, and we have a lot of work ahead. Yet the American people must ask whether we are more or less likely to succeed there if Senator Obama has his way.?

Here?s McCain, in his own words, getting Iraq wrong from Day One:

?Saddam Hussein developing weapons of mass destruction as quickly as he can,? he informed Fox News in November 2001. By February 2003, McCain had upgraded Hussein?s capabilities and was warning Americans that ?Hussein has the ability to ? Iraq into a weapons assembly line for Al Qaeda?s network.?

Well, no. But never mind that. We won?t hold McCain responsible for the Bush administration?s cooking of the intelligence books.

So how?d McCain do on his other Iraq-related predictions?

On the Cheney/Rumsfeld Delusional Thinking Index, McCain scores a perfect 10 out of 10. ?I believe that the success will be fairly easy,? he assured CNN?s Larry King in September 2002.

Quagmire? Insurgency? Naah. ?We?re not going to get into house-to-house fighting,? he scoffed to Wolf Blitzer in 2002. ?We?re not going to have a bloodletting.? In fact, by March 2003, McCain was positively giddy with Rumsfeldian enthusiasm: ?There?s no doubt in my mind ? we will be welcomed as liberators.?

When it came to predicting the sectarian conflicts that have wracked Iraq since we ?liberated? it, McCain was equally off target. ?There?s not a history of clashes that are violent between Sunnis and Shias,? he explained confidently on MSNBC in April 2003, ?so I think they can probably get along.?

McCain?s had five long years since then to reflect on just how well Sunni and Shiite groups are getting along, but he?s still having a tough time keeping the whole thing straight. In Jordan this past March, he pronounced it ?common knowledge ? that Al Qaeda? ? a Sunni-dominated group ? ?is going back into Iran? ? a country led by hard-line Shiites ? ?and receiving training ? from Iran.? Oops ? no! Joe Lieberman, McCain?s new Mini-Me, whispered a correction in his ear, presumably explaining that the Iranian Shiites hate Sunni-dominated Al Qaeda and wouldn?t help the group if their lives depended on it.

A slip of the tongue on McCain?s part? That would be easier to buy if McCain hadn?t repeated variants of the claim on multiple occasions, insisting to a Texas audience in February that Iran was aiding Al Qaeda and wondering during Senate hearings if Al Qaeda in Iraq was ?an obscure sect of the Shiites overall? ? Or Sunnis or anybody else.?

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

In 2000, McCain admits he?d be too old to run in 2008
By: John Amato @ 6:30 AM - PDT
As McCain gets ready to release his medical records in a very limited fashion today, I?ve come across a clip back on 08/01/2000. He?s being interviewed by Jim Lehrer on News Hour and admits that he?d be too old to run in 2008.
Download | Play Download | Play
Lehrer: Finally for the record, you have not lost your desire to be President of the United States have you?
McCain: Certainly it?s been put in deep cold storage. haha..
Lehrer: You haven?t lost it?
McCain: Well, in 2004, I expect to be campaigning for the reelection of President George W. Bush, and by 2008, I think I might be ready to go down to the old soldiers home and await the cavalry charge there.
Nobody can complain if age comes up anymore since the candidate has made it an issue as far back as 2000 all by himself. Americans polled are sure worried about it anyway?

New avatar Dawg, I like it.

McCain impresses me as a blathering old fool, it will be his cabinet and advisors that call the shots if he gets elected.

Thanks, Digg. Rhett Butler is another of my movie heroes. Plus, if Frank Johnson ever comes back, he can attack a new icon besides my James Dean.

Thanks, Digg. Rhett Butler is another of my movie heroes. Plus, if Frank Johnson ever comes back, he can attack a new icon besides my James Dean.

My favorite Gable film was "It Happened One Night".

Frank Capra's classic is of only three movies in history to win all five major Academy Awards. Claudette Colbert plays Ellie Andrews, a spoiled heiress who has married a fortune-hunting aviator. But, on a bus trip to New York, she can?t resist the charms of reporter Peter Warne (Clark Gable).

DimeDR

Banned

diggin,

ever seen this one, BOOM TOWN, i loved tracey ... he and jimmy stewart my 2 fave legends

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=right width=0> </TD><TD vAlign=top align=left width="100%"> Rags to Riches Four Times over and more!, <NOBR>Dec 17 2003</NOBR>
Boom Town is entertainment. This movie was made in 1940 and is based on a short story. It begins with a partnership/friendship between Gable & Tracey as Big John McMasters & John Sand. The underlying philosophy in the movie is meant to show that no matter how much money you have you were still happier when things were tough! Each man earns and loses about 2 to 3 fortunes apiece. I have lived long enough to have seen the complete movie before our modern day censors got to it, so I can tell you that you cannot get an uncut edition of this movie and this VHS is NO exception. They removed the Indian peace pipe smoking scene when McMasters(Gable) signs a land deal with Oklahoma indians.(pretending that people never smoked.) This subtle cutting is done to a lot of old films and is really silly.Also the "melting" scenes with the sad horn music when people lose all their money have been cut out also. The only one left in is when Compton United goes broke in the oil war with McMasters. Curiously we DO get to see the US Government prosecution of Oil barons and not necessarily in favorable light. This film also takes a shot at the IRS and complains about taxation! (Where are the censors for this stuff?) Anyway, Frank Morgan is great in this work as Luthur Aldridge and young Chill Wills is excellent as a deadly crack shot deputy who just wants to be a ranch cook. The Oil fire scenes received an Academy award for effects and it was top notch for 1940. Girls invade and cause a lot of trouble between McMasters and Sand and their ability to make money but everything comes clean and happy in the end. Well worth a view but please.... if the DVD ever comes out put ALL the film back together! </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>