Who's The Best University Of Kentucky/NBA Player The Last Several Years?

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"
Re: Who's The Best University Of Kentucky/NBA Player The Last Several Years?

He was first to come to my mind Ego, but I'm sure others may have different opinions........ :)

Apple

Banned

Tayshawn Prince..

Honorable mention: Sam Bowie

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Antoine Walker has made the NBA all star so he has to be included, but I have never liked him. There are a few more too.

I thought Kenny "Sky" Walker was gonna be a superstar in the NBA. Was I ever disappointed

Journeyman

EOG Master

gotta be Mashburn 'recently'

Dan Issel would be higher rated if we dig deeper in history.

Ego are you old enough to remember Duke UK ? Banks Spanarkel Gminski vs Robey, Bailey, Goose Givens? Joe B Hall, Bill Foster

Journeyman

EOG Master

He was picked before Jordan in the draft.. :cocktail

I remember seeing Bowie as a high school senior at a Md game , they were heavily recruiting him, he was so sickly skinny looking and had a really ugly redish looking afro....he looked like he weighed 150 lbs, no wonder he was always falling part.

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

would also say Tayshawn...he has certainly had the most success, and won titles..

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

I really liked Kyle Macy..boy could he shoot and was a smart player. Walter McCarty was a good player.

Journeyman

EOG Master

If I'm not mistaken Bowie and Turpin where both there at the same time as Ewing and Michael Graham who was an animal literally....anyone remember that semifinal?

That was a war.

Hache Man

No votes for Rex Chapman..........? :smokesmal

Sounds laughable, but check out his NBA career stats.......

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Graham could have been a stud if not a lunetic. That semifinal is vague but I remember that Ewing was taking it too Turpin. Great matchup though.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

No votes for Rex Chapman..........? :smokesmal

Sounds laughable, but check out his NBA career stats.......

Rex was good no doubt about it. Good shooter and good jumps.

Remember that game all too well unfortunately. Worst collapse I've ever seen from UK

UK was up by 12 in the first half, GT cut it to 7 at the half. UK comes out in the second half and proceeds to go scoreless for about the first 10 minutes of the half and finishes 3 for 33 from the field in that 2nd half

If I'm not mistaken, I believe Ewing picked up his 3rd foul in the 1st half and had to sit for about the final 5 minutes. Didn't foul at all in the 2nd half, think he may have fouled out Turpin and Bowie both

Journeyman

EOG Master

Hey I thought of him, Rex was a very underrated phenomenal pure shooter.

Hache do you remember that miracle 3 pointer he hit to force OT in the playoffs, while with Phoenix?

He was fading out of bounds as the ball was inbounds to him with like 1 sec on the clock he uncorked a 35 footer falling out of bounds, the next night he was being interviewed saying he actually practices the shot, they showed him re-acting the play, I kid you not he was making these shots semi regularly !

I never seen anything like it, it was 'Meadowlark Lemonish' accuracy! 1

1- old school Trotter reference.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Remember that game all too well unfortunately. Worst collapse I've ever seen from UK

UK was up by 12 in the first half, GT cut it to 7 at the half. UK comes out in the second half and proceeds to go scoreless for about the first 10 minutes of the half and finishes 3 for 33 from the field in that 2nd half

If I'm not mistaken, I believe Ewing picked up his 3rd foul in the 1st half and had to sit for about the final 5 minutes. Didn't foul at all in the 2nd half, think he may have fouled out Turpin and Bowie both

I didn't realize you were from kentucky. Good info.

Journeyman

EOG Master

Ewing was a total thug as a freshman, he was literally beating people up in the early part of that season, use to watch all the Gtown games here locally, this was Big East in its infancy....he was a borderline criminal out there.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Ewing was a total thug as a freshman, he was literally beating people up in the early part of that season, use to watch all the Gtown games here locally, this was Big East in its infancy....he was a borderline criminal out there.

Ewing is from a town very close to where I grew up. He was a thug in high school. John Thompson deserves a lot of credit for turning him into a respectable man and player. He threw a lot of elbows in high school.

Journeyman

EOG Master

Ewing is from a town very close to where I grew up. He was a thug in high school. John Thompson deserves a lot of credit for turning him into a respectable man and player. He threw a lot of elbows in high school.

Man you aint kidding, not many would even remember how bad Ewing was, those early collegiate games are long forgotten but anyone who followed him back then will tell you he was a criminal out there....nobody watched GT back then and the Big East was a tiny brand new conference.

And when he squared off against Ralph Sampson they media had a field day, that was like Ali Frazier of CBB...it was huge, I can't even remember which team won the game.

Hache Man

Hey I thought of him, Rex was a very underrated phenomenal pure shooter.

Hache do you remember that miracle 3 pointer he hit to force OT in the playoffs, while with Phoenix?

He was fading out of bounds as the ball was inbounds to him with like 1 sec on the clock he uncorked a 35 footer falling out of bounds, the next night he was being interviewed saying he actually practices the shot, they showed him re-acting the play, I kid you not he was making these shots semi regularly !

I never seen anything like it, it was 'Meadowlark Lemonish' accuracy! 1

1- old school Trotter reference.

Yep, I remember Jman.

He was taken lightly by defenders most of his career......

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Man you aint kidding, not many would even remember how bad Ewing was, those early collegiate games are long forgotten but anyone who followed him back then will tell you he was a criminal out there....nobody watched GT back then and the Big East was a tiny brand new conference.

And when he squared off against Ralph Sampson they media had a field day, that was like Ali Frazier of CBB...it was huge, I can't even remember which team won the game.

Virginia won I believe but yeah it was Ali vs Frazier. Ewing was a soph and Sampson a senior. Very hyped for sure. Sampson was a little overrated as we all found out.

Journeyman

EOG Master

I saw a lot of Ralph's games in person back then.....Md always did well against Ralph...Buck Williams always outplayed him.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

buck williams was tough and strong. Sampson seemed like a miserable person. Would you agree with that or is that a little strong? At the time he was a pretty big star.

Journeyman

EOG Master

buck williams was tough and strong. Sampson seemed like a miserable person. Would you agree with that or is that a little strong? At the time he was a pretty big star.

He never quite lived up to the hype, I'm not sure if there was ever a player more hyped to that point....

He did still win the player of the year 3 straight yrs...injuries really shortened his pro career, but even before that he wasn't the great big man that everyone expected, he was by far the weaker of the twin towers.

I don't really remember him being a miserable guy.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

He never quite lived up to the hype, I'm not sure if there was ever a player more hyped to that point....

He did still win the player of the year 3 straight yrs...injuries really shortened his pro career, but even before that he wasn't the great big man that everyone expected, he was by far the weaker of the twin towers.

I don't really remember him being a miserable guy.

Right, the hype was unreal and he was a great college player for sure. He never won it all (never had great teammates). In the NBA he was the weaker of the the twin towers. There was not as many interviews likes today and media coverage but boy oh boy he was so miserable. He had that brawl in the finals agaisnt the Celtics and did not handle it well at all.

Journeyman

EOG Master

Actually Va DID have some really good players around him, Jeff Lamp was a great college player, Lee Raker, Bobby Stokes, Jeff Jones, Othel Wilson...they had some pretty good teams, but back then all the teams were loaded as the seniors stayed and the ACC was a monster conference, nothing like today.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Tony Delk had a decent NBA career.

Rusty James

EOG Enthusiast

remember the wierd shit between rex chapman's sister and that lunitic football player from the bengals? somebody refresh my memory please.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

<table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr align="center" valign="top"><td> </td> </tr><tr valign="top"><td colspan="3" height="10"><spacer type="block" height="5" width="1"></td></tr><tr> <td align="left" valign="top"> EASY CHOICE .... PAT RILEY !!
</td> <td height="55">
</td><td align="left" valign="top">
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Rusty James

EOG Enthusiast

thats some of it thanks gyno. i also remember rex sisters friend (white) got deep rooted by two (blacks) friends of billups and it was video taped they were busted trying too black (no pun intended) mail her to not show her husband the tape.

any old reports on that gyno?

Journeyman

EOG Master

Issel would be on that all white squad too.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Dampier was pretty salty and I recall he had a Nice ABA career