Patrick McIrish

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
If you have time to respond, why do you talk so disliking of me?

I am just curious. You laugh at me because I am nice and seem to think this is not possible. I am confused and I apologize for whatever it is and hope you accept. Just reading some of the things you say about me at other sites and don't really understand.

TIA

Re: Patrick McIrish

I am just curious. You laugh at me because I am nice and seem to think this is not possible. I am confused and I apologize for whatever it is and hope you accept. Just reading some of the things you say about me at other sites and don't really understand.

TIA

General,

He talks that way of me, too...

And for what it's worth, his diatribes (Jeff Jones taught me this word) don't get to me...

THE SHRINK

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR

TIA

I didn't bash you because you're nice Pete, I've commented because you've begun to come across as phoney to me. I can list a bunch of reasons why, hell read the last thread we were in for starters. For instance I volunteered to give up some of my pay to keep you around at the RX, you deny it even happened!? That's a lie, no other way to say it. Now the truth is it wasn't a big deal, I already knew I was quitting so it wasn't like I was being a hero or anything, but it bothers me that you deny that ever happened. Why would you even do that? Same with my run-in that I had with Dave and Shrink. We worked closely together and I never did you wrong. You were probably the only mod I could say that about as I really wasn't even interested in the others, nor did I get along with them and vice versa. You on the other hand I tried to explain everything that was going on at all times. Not only with extra pay but I tried to keep you informed about things I thought would put you in a position to take over when I left. No selfish agenda, I knew I was getting out and I believed you would be good for the industry. Shared a lot with you yet the first time I came under fire from your new boss you ran right out with personal attacks on me over things that didn't concern you in the first place. At Fezziks you called me both a stiff and a snitch!? What in holy hell did I snitch about? You and Krackman both made a point to get upclose and nasty with me, I have not forgotten it Pete. And the truth is had you picked up the phone and called me first that would have been a different story. Had you done that and then disagreed with what I said I wouldn't have been as upset. Instead you never talked to me about it once, you waited until almost a year and a half later when we both called Dave and then claimed you formed your opinion based on that call. Hell you had already started bashing me long before that 3-way. All that talk of what a great guy you are, honor, forgiveness of your fellow man and so on but the first time you got a chance to kick me under the bus you did it. Of all the people I knew back then and respected, you were the only one that did not have the decency to at least call and ask about it before you went out and flogged me in the forums. And to top if off I read where you scolded Wilheim for not giving you the respect you deserved for supporting him on his way to being head mod after you left. Seems hypocritical Pete. There's more, on a professional level to see you over here shilling for BOS almost to the day they went down, USDBets, BetUS and so on that is surprising as well. Being a "watchdog for the players" isn't putting your posters in shit books and then helping them get a rollover after they get stiffed. That's being reactive instead of proactive. If you really want to help players in this industry then do all you can to keep shit books off these forums. Anyway we can argue this forever but mostly I feel what you did to me was wrong on a personal level. I don't pretend to be a great man full of honor like you describe yourself but I know before I ever posted a word about your personal business I would have picked up the phone and given you a chance to explain what exactly went on. Man to man, 1 on 1. I might have listened and disagreed but I would have given you a chance to tell me what went on, not make the +EV play and run out to bash you so I could suck up to my boss. Sorry Pete but it makes me cringe to read some of what you write these days, my dealings with you have been nothing like you keep representing out here in the forums. Hope this clears it up for you.

Irish- You and Beaner are the only two guys that I can read a post that long but put a couple of paragraphs in so that it doesn't hurt so much to read.

Being a "watchdog for the players" isn't putting your posters in shit books and then helping them get a rollover after they get stiffed.
Ouch.
If you really want to help players in this industry then do all you can to keep shit books off these forums.
I think there's a lot of pot and kettle going on here.

The BetUS' and SBG Global's of the world are a fucking disgrace as sponsors.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR

Shrink - I mostly ignore you, or at least I try to. Our old issue is not going to change, no need for me to keep beating my head up against the wall out here. Everyone that needs to know realizes who is telling the truth. Anyway I went 3 or 4 months this last time without ever mentioning your name but that gets too boring for you, you just have to start trouble up again. To get it going this last time you started threads here about punching me in the face. I didn't respond to that so the next day you bashed me in the Oscar thread. You keep at it until I finally play the game with you, then you cry about it once you coax me into all over again, LOL. I used to box a little bit when I was younger and they always told us to get off first, that's what I do now. I know it's only a matter of time before you crank up on me again so I don't even attempt peace with you anymore. Tried it too many times before I realized that's not what you're after. I don't really mind though, everything I post about you is true and we both know it. Good day.

LobWedgePhil

EOG Addicted

Patrick, first time that I have ever heard a bad word about the General, so I am going to assume that you are full of sh-t or drunk. Either way, let it go, he is leaving and we should respect that and be happy for him in his new life..

Patrick, first time that I have ever heard a bad word about the General, so I am going to assume that you are full of sh-t or drunk.
Not confirming or denying anything in his post, since I'm unsure also, but just in general (pun), people that are squeaky clean and 100% polite usually have some dirt on them.

Again General 'seems' like a nice guy, but for him to be a tad phony and two-faced doesn't sound like all that big of a stretch.

LobWedgePhil

EOG Addicted

That is true Crazyl, you never know, but there is no reason to pass judgement on someone based on who has years of respect, vs. one poster. But who knows, I do know, that the General is leaving, and we should respect that. No point in trying to throw someone under the bus.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR

The BetUS' and SBG Global's of the world are a fucking disgrace as sponsors.

I knew eventually we'd find something to agree on. What bothers me about Pete is that as a low level mod he had unreal standards for what books should be on the forums. He was all about putting the players and their safety first. He was really full of HONOR back in those days when his pay wasn't based on it. The first time he got cut in on the ad pie though that stuff went right out the window. I can't believe some of the pigs he pimps out here on the forums. As they say when profit meets morality it's easy to guess who's going to be the victor. All I can say is Pete didn't use to be like this, I know I worked closely with him. Helping in this industry isn't trying to get stiffed players a 20X rollover at a new book once you lead them to the slaughter. Assisting players is refusing shit books access to your forum so they can not be used as hunting grounds for the unsuspecting. That's how you use your position in a positive manner if you're really trying to help players. I remember talking to a book that went out of business in CR a few years ago, Pink Flamingo maybe? Anyway he (Bruno?) admitted they were not only taking all the players money, he also admitted he was going to be opening up again under a new name with a new book. All I need Pat is access to more victims. Let me pay the forums to hang a banner and everyone is happy. And he's right. The Shrinks of the world get paid their ad money and the new customers line this guys pocket all over again. He stiffs everyone, goes under for a few months and reopens with a new book. Rinse and repeat. The only way to stop this cycle is keep the shit books off the forums and promote the legit guys.

BTW just a few days ago Pete was making a big stand on how tag lines weren't being used to flame posters......he wanted no part of that silliness he said. He was above it, LOL.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR

Patrick, first time that I have ever heard a bad word about the General, so I am going to assume that you are full of sh-t or drunk. Either way, let it go, he is leaving and we should respect that and be happy for him in his new life..

He asked my opinion sir, just doing as instructed. He even started a thread to make sure I'd see it. Still think enough of him to give my honest thoughts, sorry that offends you.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR

One last comment before I retire for the night. Using your position and influence to help the industry goes beyond just not allowing them to advertise. Don't get me wrong, hell that would be a great start considering the current state of affairs. But it would be great to see forums like this keep the pressure on the shit books that are out there. I was only a mod for a few months but one of the things we did was continually make new threads up in the forums about old stiff jobs that books had pulled. I forget what I called it but I had a name for it and made it a regular thing, something like XYZ in the spotlight! What this did was let the bad books know we were not going to forget past indiscretions, and secondly it kept it fresh for the new readers that are always joining these places. What happens is a book stiffs players and everyone screams and hollers for a while then slowly it goes to the back burner and is forgotten. If you're a moderator in a place like this use your position to do constructive things like that instead of starting threads on name your top 10 switchhitting catchers of all time!! Not that Pete's 30 day vegetarian diet wasn't interesting, but why not use your authority to both actively promote the good books out here in the forums and also keep the bad books out here in the public eye as well. Those are some of the things that real players would appreciate, it might make this place something that is worth a read from time to time. I was amazed by how many people would comment on a book that had a long history of stiffing players by saying they never had any idea that went on. We assume a lot of people have more knowledge about offshore then they really do. Big turnover in these forums, keep players abreast of both where the industry is trying to get and where it's been. Lot easier to make wise decisions with your money when you get information from the people that have been around for years.....

The General

I didn't bash you because you're nice Pete, I've commented because you've begun to come across as phoney to me. I can list a bunch of reasons why, hell read the last thread we were in for starters. For instance I volunteered to give up some of my pay to keep you around at the RX, you deny it even happened!? That's a lie, no other way to say it. Now the truth is it wasn't a big deal, I already knew I was quitting so it wasn't like I was being a hero or anything, but it bothers me that you deny that ever happened. Why would you even do that? Same with my run-in that I had with Dave and Shrink. We worked closely together and I never did you wrong. You were probably the only mod I could say that about as I really wasn't even interested in the others, nor did I get along with them and vice versa. You on the other hand I tried to explain everything that was going on at all times. Not only with extra pay but I tried to keep you informed about things I thought would put you in a position to take over when I left. No selfish agenda, I knew I was getting out and I believed you would be good for the industry. Shared a lot with you yet the first time I came under fire from your new boss you ran right out with personal attacks on me over things that didn't concern you in the first place. At Fezziks you called me both a stiff and a snitch!? What in holy hell did I snitch about? You and Krackman both made a point to get upclose and nasty with me, I have not forgotten it Pete. And the truth is had you picked up the phone and called me first that would have been a different story. Had you done that and then disagreed with what I said I wouldn't have been as upset. Instead you never talked to me about it once, you waited until almost a year and a half later when we both called Dave and then claimed you formed your opinion based on that call. Hell you had already started bashing me long before that 3-way. All that talk of what a great guy you are, honor, forgiveness of your fellow man and so on but the first time you got a chance to kick me under the bus you did it. Of all the people I knew back then and respected, you were the only one that did not have the decency to at least call and ask about it before you went out and flogged me in the forums. And to top if off I read where you scolded Wilheim for not giving you the respect you deserved for supporting him on his way to being head mod after you left. Seems hypocritical Pete. There's more, on a professional level to see you over here shilling for BOS almost to the day they went down, USDBets, BetUS and so on that is surprising as well. Being a "watchdog for the players" isn't putting your posters in shit books and then helping them get a rollover after they get stiffed. That's being reactive instead of proactive. If you really want to help players in this industry then do all you can to keep shit books off these forums. Anyway we can argue this forever but mostly I feel what you did to me was wrong on a personal level. I don't pretend to be a great man full of honor like you describe yourself but I know before I ever posted a word about your personal business I would have picked up the phone and given you a chance to explain what exactly went on. Man to man, 1 on 1. I might have listened and disagreed but I would have given you a chance to tell me what went on, not make the +EV play and run out to bash you so I could suck up to my boss. Sorry Pete but it makes me cringe to read some of what you write these days, my dealings with you have been nothing like you keep representing out here in the forums. Hope this clears it up for you.

I appreciate the time and reply. Down In the dump in that thread about pay, I posted an apology after further thought. I did misremember our discussion about the cut. I'll apologize again. As for crap books, the opinions will be different, but that is the business side. As for you and Dave, none of my business. I am sorry for the comments. I should have stayed clear this dispute as I have always tried to do with credit. All in all, I'll try and call you when the feel is right and we will talk. You did me well during the time we worked together. Any dissension can stop here between us hopefully. Thank you and have a great holiday.

Dave Mahoney

EOG Member

Patrick,

You are the last person who should be commenting about stiff books. You used your influence to persuade Kenny into getting an account with me. You owe money. Lots of money. You never have made any attempt to pay me. I don't like people who stiff. You are nothing but a stiff. Pay your debts!

BEANTOWNJIM

Banned

DAVE DID KENNY ALSO RECOMEND THE OTHER WELCHER HE CALLS A FRIEND (JOURNEYMAN) I GUESS SHRINK ONLY HAS WELCHERS AND LOW LIFES AND WELCHERS WORKING FOR HIM.DAVE SHRINK HAS A NEW CREW OF MODERATORS LOOKING FOR CREDIT CAN THEY DROP KENNY'S NAME WITH YOU :LMAO :LMAO

DAVE PATRICK MCIRISH SAID HE WANTS TO PAY YOU BACK BUT KENN WEITZNER TOLD HIM FORGET ABOUT IT HE NEVER REALLY LIKED YOU ANYWAY

and

Shrink - I mostly ignore you, or at least I try to. Our old issue is not going to change, no need for me to keep beating my head up against the wall out here. Everyone that needs to know realizes who is telling the truth. Anyway I went 3 or 4 months this last time without ever mentioning your name but that gets too boring for you, you just have to start trouble up again. To get it going this last time you started threads here about punching me in the face. I didn't respond to that so the next day you bashed me in the Oscar thread. You keep at it until I finally play the game with you, then you cry about it once you coax me into all over again, LOL. I used to box a little bit when I was younger and they always told us to get off first, that's what I do now. I know it's only a matter of time before you crank up on me again so I don't even attempt peace with you anymore. Tried it too many times before I realized that's not what you're after. I don't really mind though, everything I post about you is true and we both know it. Good day.

and

I knew eventually we'd find something to agree on. What bothers me about Pete is that as a low level mod he had unreal standards for what books should be on the forums. He was all about putting the players and their safety first. He was really full of HONOR back in those days when his pay wasn't based on it. The first time he got cut in on the ad pie though that stuff went right out the window. I can't believe some of the pigs he pimps out here on the forums. As they say when profit meets morality it's easy to guess who's going to be the victor. All I can say is Pete didn't use to be like this, I know I worked closely with him. Helping in this industry isn't trying to get stiffed players a 20X rollover at a new book once you lead them to the slaughter. Assisting players is refusing shit books access to your forum so they can not be used as hunting grounds for the unsuspecting. That's how you use your position in a positive manner if you're really trying to help players. I remember talking to a book that went out of business in CR a few years ago, Pink Flamingo maybe? Anyway he (Bruno?) admitted they were not only taking all the players money, he also admitted he was going to be opening up again under a new name with a new book. All I need Pat is access to more victims. Let me pay the forums to hang a banner and everyone is happy. And he's right. The Shrinks of the world get paid their ad money and the new customers line this guys pocket all over again. He stiffs everyone, goes under for a few months and reopens with a new book. Rinse and repeat. The only way to stop this cycle is keep the shit books off the forums and promote the legit guys.

BTW just a few days ago Pete was making a big stand on how tag lines weren't being used to flame posters......he wanted no part of that silliness he said. He was above it, LOL.

and

One last comment before I retire for the night. Using your position and influence to help the industry goes beyond just not allowing them to advertise. Don't get me wrong, hell that would be a great start considering the current state of affairs. But it would be great to see forums like this keep the pressure on the shit books that are out there. I was only a mod for a few months but one of the things we did was continually make new threads up in the forums about old stiff jobs that books had pulled. I forget what I called it but I had a name for it and made it a regular thing, something like XYZ in the spotlight! What this did was let the bad books know we were not going to forget past indiscretions, and secondly it kept it fresh for the new readers that are always joining these places. What happens is a book stiffs players and everyone screams and hollers for a while then slowly it goes to the back burner and is forgotten. If you're a moderator in a place like this use your position to do constructive things like that instead of starting threads on name your top 10 switchhitting catchers of all time!! Not that Pete's 30 day vegetarian diet wasn't interesting, but why not use your authority to both actively promote the good books out here in the forums and also keep the bad books out here in the public eye as well. Those are some of the things that real players would appreciate, it might make this place something that is worth a read from time to time. I was amazed by how many people would comment on a book that had a long history of stiffing players by saying they never had any idea that went on. We assume a lot of people have more knowledge about offshore then they really do. Big turnover in these forums, keep players abreast of both where the industry is trying to get and where it's been. Lot easier to make wise decisions with your money when you get information from the people that have been around for years.....

'War and Peace' novel

some shit never change

Patrick,

You are the last person who should be commenting about stiff books. You used your influence to persuade Kenny into getting an account with me. You owe money. Lots of money. You never have made any attempt to pay me. I don't like people who stiff. You are nothing but a stiff. Pay your debts!

it's your damn fault you didnt get paid , Pat gave you the name and number of his 15yo nephew

:LMAO :LMAO

mofome

Banned

Havent seen big pat on in a while. Sports and dramatics, got to enjoy the big guy. At least if you are going to bring the drama, know and share some sports knowledge from time to time. The lone good thing about journey, he would talk sports on occasion.

janus

EOG Dedicated

mcirish went out of his way to help me once when i was in a tough spot with a book. i'll always appreciate that.

The General

Patrick made a pretty good post I read yesterday in a reply. Something like how people bash the hell out of $50 stiffs, but never mention the people at the books who prey on players. Not sure I agree with all of it as it got winded, but the concept was well thought.

BEANTOWNJIM

Banned

WELL BIGDADDY MUST HAVE WON THE WELCHER HAS DISAPPEARED LIKE HE DID WHEN HE WAS ON THE RUN FROM THE BOOKIES WHEN HIS NEPHEW LOST ALL THE MONEY :LMAO

MCIRISH LIKES TO HIDE WHEN PEOPLE BRING UP HIS PAST

BigDaddy

EOG Master

BigDaddy & Patty are currently in a lover's quarrel... That's why the 'bump'

lol

i did a search of generals started threads

this was on the first page of results

WVU bumped it before so i though why not?

welcome back General:cheers

for some reason he has no threads before 2008

general did they erase all of your posts from like 05-08?

The General

I don't know, but from running a forum after a long time and hacks and tech problems they use to go to archives which was a cluster fuk because they were not in any certain order.