WILLIE RANDOLPH WILL BE FIRED

Announcement could come as soon as tomorrow or Monday when the team returns home

Don't ask for a link yet because there is none. Just trust me on this

The Devil

EOG Master
Re: WILLIE RANDOLPH WILL BE FIRED

HE DESERVES TO BE FIRED...........I LIKE LARRY BOWA TO REPLACE HIM....

THE METS HAVE THE TALENT....THEY NEED SOMEONE TO STOKE THE COALS.....................

For the love of god do not fire Willie Randolph at any cost. The Braves need him so they can reach the top of the division. As a Braves fan I vote not to fire him.

HE ISN'T SMART ENOUGHT TO BE THE ANNOUNCER LET ALONE MANAGE THEM....
Met fans have no loyalty.

Enjoy the post season off.

I'll think of you in two weeks when I go see the Yankees win another ballgame.

nedrow

EOG Dedicated

randolph anit stupid and knowns whats going on and if it happens he understands . what happened last year is whats killen him ,plus some other comments , and the players arnt playing hard.

Mets problem is Minaya, not Randolph

Minaya has shown he's good at spending money, not much else imo. But Omar sure isn't going to fire himself, so guess what??

EDIT: I take that back partly, he's made a couple good trades (Getting Johan and getting Maine a couple years back)

Journeyman

EOG Master

They have yet to recover from those TWO Philly games last season, losing in inexplicable fashion...if NYM win that first game of that first crucial series they win the division going away.

NL managing is much tougher, and Randolph did a horrible job with his pen last yr.

You're probably right Journey

Also, this team got old and injury prone in a hurry (Pedro, El Duque, Delgado,) and they traded away a lot of good young arms (Bannister, Owens, Lindstrom)

UPDATE: Posted by Adam Rubin about 15 minutes ago on the NY Daily News Blog

Mets players have yet to see their manager in the clubhouse today, which has delayed a lineup being posted for tonight’s series opener against the Marlins. One player joked that there are so many media members in the clubhouse, someone ought to call the fire marshal.

Moises Alou has just arrived, his first sighting since going on the DL with a calf injury. He’s sitting at his locker, chatting with Jerry Manuel.

Rookie Nick Evans asked Joe Smith what to expect at Shea today. I’m not sure Smith realizes how venomous the atmosphere will be.

Looks like the Wilpons are gonna spare him (for now). Not sure if it's just because of the holiday today, or if they've instructed Willie to publicly apologize again for his racial comments

It's gonna be U-G-L-Y in the stands at Shea tonight

Mets press conference on ESPN NEWS, just clicked over to it. Minaya is speaking and answering questions at the moment

Journeyman

EOG Master

Looks like the Wilpons are gonna spare him (for now). Not sure if it's just because of the holiday today, or if they've instructed Willie to publicly apologize again for his racial comments

It's gonna be U-G-L-Y in the stands at Shea tonight

Nice call :rolleyes:

Minaya stuttering, spinning and backpedaling. Saying Willie's job was never in danger

BS

Randolph looks like he hasn't slept in 2 or 3 days

This team is gonna be a mess until both these guys are let go

Nice call :rolleyes:

Monday morning came and went 6 hours ago QB :rolleyes:

Fact is; He WAS out the door and probably won't make it to the All-Star Break as the Mgr. simply because the fans WILL FORCE the Wilpons to make a change

Talk to anyone "in the know" in the NY area and they will tell you the same thing Journey,

Wilpons chickened out again, not surprising

royboy

EOG Dedicated

Announcement could come as soon as tomorrow or Monday when the team returns home

Don't ask for a link yet because there is none. Just trust me on this

who's the new manager?

Journeyman

EOG Master

Monday morning came and went 6 hours ago QB :rolleyes:

Fact is; He WAS out the door and probably won't make it to the All-Star Break as the Mgr. simply because the fans WILL FORCE the Wilpons to make a change

Talk to anyone "in the know" in the NY area and they will tell you the same thing Journey,

Wilpons chickened out again, not surprising

Winning will change everything...

I do believe they DO need a change, he burnt that bullpen up last year and that was the main reason they couldn't hang on.

At least Billy Wagner's arm appears to be on tight again.

Journeyman

EOG Master

If the Mets start winning he won't be fired this year, period.

So Ego, you were wrong, shake it off you should be use to it. ;)

According this press conference Roy, it's Willie Randolph.

If you're holding a news conference to announce you still have your job, that should tell you something. He's a lame duck, and I'm getting the feeling Minaya is as well

If the Wilpons would have pulled the trigger today, the plan was for Jerry Manuel to be the interim while they interviewed candidates.

If the Mets start winning he won't be fired this year, period.

So Ego, you were wrong, shake it off you should be use to it. ;)

Yeah, I need the added resources of "Journeyman Sports", they knew WEEKS AGO that the Mets wouldn't fire Willie this season :cheers

He's a lame duck Journey, the fans will now FORCE the Wilpons to fire the guy since they didn't have the balls to do it yet

This is why I like you Journey, the back and forth banter. Just like old times every once in a while

Journeyman

EOG Master

Oh he's definitely on thin ice Ego....it's an either or thing, he is either STILL here or not, he still 'could' save his job, agree?

They're gonna need to get hot in a hurry, and it's possible. Hard to do if your players acts as though they don't really care at this point and the fans show up in a cranky mood at the ballpark everyday

Horrible atmosphere.

Look for the crowd at the game tonight to turn their back to the field in protest

Journeyman

EOG Master

At the 1/3rd mark in just two days and Fla and TB have the least losses in baseball.

Maybe since Fla is the team in front the owners feel there is still plenty of time...it's inexcusable though, this team on paper is as good as anyone over there, with or without Pedro .

Minaya is safe as long as he Randolph around to be the scapegoat. So, I'm sure he backed Willie in that meeting, keeps the heat off him some