Hillary Clinton's colossal blunder simply the last straw

Hillary Clinton apologized Friday after citing the June 1968 assassination of Robert F. Kennedy (below) in defending her decision to keep running for the Democratic presidential nomination.

<!-- ARTICLE CONTENT START --> SICK. Disgusting. And yet revealing. Hillary Clinton is staying in the race in the event some nut kills Barack Obama.
It could happen, but what definitely has happened is that Clinton has killed her own chances of being vice president. She doesn't deserve to be elected dog catcher anywhere now.
Her shocking comment to a South Dakota newspaper might qualify as the dumbest thing ever said in American politics.
Her lame explanation that she brought up the 1968 assassination of Robert Kennedy because his brother Ted's illness was on her mind doesn't cut it. Not even close.
We have seen an X-ray of a very dark soul. One consumed by raw ambition to where the possible assassination of an opponent is something to ponder in a strategic way. Otherwise, why is murder on her mind?
It's like Tanya Harding's kneecapping has come to politics. Only the senator from New York has more lethal fantasies than that nutty skater.
We could have seen it coming, if only we had realized Clinton's thinking could be so cold. She has grown increasingly wild in her imagery lately, invoking everything from slavery to the political killings in Zimbabwe in making her argument for the Florida and Michigan delegations. She claimed to be the victim of sexism, despite winning the votes of white men.
But none of it was moving the nomination needle, with Obama, despite recent dents, still on course to be the victor.
So she kept digging deeper, looking for the magic button. Instead, she pushed the eject button, lifting herself right out of consideration.
Giving voice to such a vile thought is all the more horrible because fears Obama would be killed have been an undercurrent to his astonishing rise. Republican Mike Huckabee made a stupid joke about it recently. Many black Americans have talked of it, reflecting their assumption that racists would never tolerate a black President and that Obama would be taken from them.
Clinton has now fed that fear. She needs a very long vacation. And we need one from her.
Say good night, Hillary. And go away.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master
Re: Hillary Clinton's colossal blunder simply the last straw

The Odds of Obama getting to the Swearing In ceremony aint real high ...

Rove hates Blacks and Obama is a real threat to the Muscle in this
country

Look what happened up in Dallas

She really, really fucked up. I love the fact she is getting smashed in the face for this - by everyone.

She really, really fucked up. I love the fact she is getting smashed in the face for this - by everyone.

Everyone? You mean like the Kennedy family who said it wasn't meant as an insult in any way and that it shouldn't be viewed as such by others?

By the way, could you please surrender the source of the "article" you posted? When I read outstanding journalism like this, I can't help but want more.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Their campaign has been a fuckin nitemare

She is 30 mill in debt and she is going to fix this economy

Its down to Obama vs Johnny McSame ....

This is gonna be one nasty ass campaign and only a matter of time
till McBush blows his top

She fucked up .... but remember ... she didnt have sex with that young
woman !@!

I'm sorry kids, but I really don't see how this was a big blunder. Someone please explain how referencing facts to support her decision to stay in is a "colossal blunder". The only blunder I see is allowing people to convince others that referencing history to explain decisions is taboo.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Whats:

Understand partner ...

I spend a lot of times at difft sites and the GOP based being pissed at
McBush is now equal to the heat Hilliary is feeling

Her "reference" was not needed ... lot of Dems still linger the memories
of RFK going down in California

She has worn out the party with her Muslim comments and helping Drudge
with pictures of Obama in garb ... her bullshit 3 am commercials .. her citing
Karl Rove as a source ...

She is done ... her Political Career may have ended yesterday as the
Dems will not forget her comments

There are things that one can say in public ... this was not one of them

See ya Hill .... no VP spot and if Obama told ya to fuck off ... who
can blame him?

Hillary Clinton apologized Friday after citing the June 1968 assassination of Robert F. Kennedy (below) in defending her decision to keep running for the Democratic presidential nomination.

<!-- ARTICLE CONTENT START --> SICK. Disgusting. And yet revealing. Hillary Clinton is staying in the race in the event some nut kills Barack Obama.
It could happen, but what definitely has happened is that Clinton has killed her own chances of being vice president. She doesn't deserve to be elected dog catcher anywhere now.
Her shocking comment to a South Dakota newspaper might qualify as the dumbest thing ever said in American politics.
Her lame explanation that she brought up the 1968 assassination of Robert Kennedy because his brother Ted's illness was on her mind doesn't cut it. Not even close.
We have seen an X-ray of a very dark soul. One consumed by raw ambition to where the possible assassination of an opponent is something to ponder in a strategic way. Otherwise, why is murder on her mind?
It's like Tanya Harding's kneecapping has come to politics. Only the senator from New York has more lethal fantasies than that nutty skater.
We could have seen it coming, if only we had realized Clinton's thinking could be so cold. She has grown increasingly wild in her imagery lately, invoking everything from slavery to the political killings in Zimbabwe in making her argument for the Florida and Michigan delegations. She claimed to be the victim of sexism, despite winning the votes of white men.
But none of it was moving the nomination needle, with Obama, despite recent dents, still on course to be the victor.
So she kept digging deeper, looking for the magic button. Instead, she pushed the eject button, lifting herself right out of consideration.
Giving voice to such a vile thought is all the more horrible because fears Obama would be killed have been an undercurrent to his astonishing rise. Republican Mike Huckabee made a stupid joke about it recently. Many black Americans have talked of it, reflecting their assumption that racists would never tolerate a black President and that Obama would be taken from them.
Clinton has now fed that fear. She needs a very long vacation. And we need one from her.
Say good night, Hillary. And go away.

Get ready for Hillary Doc Mercer -- She will be coming over to please you soon.

I disagree about the reference not being needed. RFK is kind of an icon within the Democratic Party, and pointing out that he was still going for the nomination in June makes a damn good point. The fact that he was assassinated doesn't mean he can't be talked about, that's childish thinking.

One candidate trying to take down another shouldn't be cause for concern. It happens in every campaign, and will continue to happen.

I don't think she is in it for the VP spot. If that was the case, she would have conceded a long time ago and made nice with Obama.

PS: For the peeps telling us that she is staying in the race only because she thinks Obama will get assassinated, would anything change if she was out of the race vs being in it, if that happened? It's BS logic. She'd be the nominee either way, so why stay in it and continue blowing money? That argument makes no sense.

KENNEDYS FEEL BOBBY-SOCKED

OUTRAGED RFK KIN SAY HILL'S NOW TOAST

By GEOFF EARLE, BRADEN KEIL and ANGELA MONTEFINISE

May 25, 2008 --
Members of the Kennedy family are incensed over Hillary Rodham Clinton's invoking the assassination of Robert F. Kennedy to explain why she's staying in the race - and they think it could be the death knell of an increasingly desperate and sloppy campaign.
"That comment may be the last nail in her campaign's coffin," a Kennedy relative told The Post. "How can Hillary even use the experience argument when she repeatedly pushes the wrong buttons in her comments?"
An insider added, "I think people really felt that a line was crossed and that her campaign - and even her legitimacy as a politician - ended today."
Said a second relative, "She no longer has only her husband to blame for the ill-chosen comments coming from her camp."
While Robert Kennedy Jr. immediately came out in support of Sen. Clinton on Friday, others in the family's inner circle are fuming.
One cited "a perceived insensitivity" in her comment, made Friday before a South Dakota newspaper's editorial board, especially with the 40th anniversary of RFK's death two weeks away and Sen. Ted Kennedy battling a brain tumor.
"We were all sort of dumbfounded that she would say such a thing," the insider said.
There was also anger outside the family. Rep. Charles Rangel (D-NY), a Hillary supporter, told Bloomberg News that she said "the dumbest thing you could have possibly said." And the Rev. Al Sharpton ripped the comment as dangerous.
The Kennedy family insider added: "I know that many Clinton supporters in New York and New Jersey are sickened by her comments and that they are more concerned with Senator Kennedy's health and well-being than they are her campaign anymore.

Clinton was explaining why she was still in the race against Sen. Barack Obama when she said: "My husband did not wrap up the nomination in 1992 until he won the California primary somewhere in the middle of June. Right?"
Then she added: "We all remember Bobby Kennedy was assassinated in June in California."
That line, which she later said was meant to convey the fact that nomination battles can extend late into the primary season, also sparked outrage for touching upon Obama's personal safety.
It was also just plain inaccurate, say historians, noting that Clinton's drawn-out battle with Obama in a seemingly endless primary season is nothing like the 1968 and 1992 Democratic campaigns.
Bobby Kennedy was not in the midst of a long-fought primary battle when he was assassinated. He entered the race on March 16, 1968, less than three months before the June 5 shooting.
As for Bill Clinton, despite his wife's perceptions, he'd won the nomination long before mid-June 1992. The race was essentially over by March 20, when Paul Tsongas dropped out and Clinton became the front-runner with a 7-to-1 delegate lead over Jerry Brown.
Obama, meanwhile, plans to give the commencement speech at Wesleyan University's graduation today in Connecticut, replacing the ailing Ted Kennedy.
Obama will be greeted by an unprecedented amount of security. The ceremony will be closed to the public, and guests will have to go through metal detectors.
One presidential historian thinks Clinton's loose-lipped reference to assassination raises the danger of someone's targeting Obama.
"Everybody, in the back of their minds, has been thinking of this, that Senator Obama could be in danger," said Rick Shenkman, a professor at George Mason University in Virginia.
"Now it's out there. It only takes one psycho."
In a radio interview yesterday in Puerto Rico, Obama said that he had accepted the apology Clinton issued Friday and that her comment about RFK was just "careless."
Additional reporting by Charles Hurt

KENNEDYS FEEL BOBBY-SOCKED - New York Post

I'm sorry kids, but I really don't see how this was a big blunder. Someone please explain how referencing facts to support her decision to stay in is a "colossal blunder". The only blunder I see is allowing people to convince others that referencing history to explain decisions is taboo.

Whatshis, Olbermann's comment is on here somewhere; or you could find it on Youtube. He explained it better than anyone here could. . . .

Whatshis, Olbermann's comment is on here somewhere; or you could find it on Youtube. He explained it better than anyone here could. . . .

I just watched the Olbermann take (thanks to Anti-GWB) and I think you either have to be a Republican or a pro-Obama person to buy into this spin. He takes a reference to RFK's assassination happening in June to a ridiculous level. He infers that mentioning the assassination of a former candidate might be an alert to would-be assassins or is somehow a threat to a black candidate. Nonsense.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Basically ol Hill kept pushing the front door and now its caved in ...

It was the Muslim photo her camp zapped over to Drudge
It was the 3am Commercial
It was Her yapping how McBush is more qualified than Obama

Regardless of what she intended or did not intend to say .... the dog
got off the leash and got run over

She is toast ... Its over ... the Dem base hates her as much as McBush
is hated by the Repugs

S

stucco43

I just watched the Olbermann take (thanks to Anti-GWB) and I think you either have to be a Republican or a pro-Obama person to buy into this spin. He takes a reference to RFK's assassination happening in June to a ridiculous level. He infers that mentioning the assassination of a former candidate might be an alert to would-be assassins or is somehow a threat to a black candidate. Nonsense.

heads up, please google Tavistock, watch the original Manchurian Canidate with Frank Sinatra...
Mike Huckfuck did it to Ron Paul too...
mentioned Paul is dead...
words are keys and Hillary is an adept at Black Art

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Obama would be nuts to take her as VP ...

Holy shit ... Nothing like having to wear a bullet proof vest
around her constantly

S

stucco43

David Gergen editor/trilateral said it best last week on meet the press NBC...
Obama would need a food tester before eating any meals...
this coming from a guy that worked for clinton...

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Obama would need to change his name to Maximus

remember the scene in Gladiator where the one Gladiator ate his food
to make sure it wasnt poisoned?