playing the lottery can kill you

michael777

EOG Dedicated
<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="90%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Former horseman Ron Wittenberg killed by train[/FONT]
Monday, May 19, 2008 - by Paul Ramlow, USTA Internet News Manager</TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="10%" align=left border=0><TBODY><TR><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Columbus, OH --- Ronald D. Wittenberg, 48, a former driver/trainer on the western New York circuit, was struck and killed by a train last Thursday evening (May 15) in Buffalo, N.Y.
According to a story in the Buffalo News, Wittenberg was walking on railroad tracks while engrossed in a scratch-off lottery ticket before being struck by the train.
?The train was blaring its horn for 45 seconds or a minute straight,? Lackawanna Police Capt. Ronald Miller was quoted in the News. ?For some reason, he never heard the horn.?
Police were told that Wittenberg was returning from fishing with a friend and was walking between the rails, about 40 feet behind his friend, with his head down while examining the lottery ticket as the train approached from behind.
A nurse from the neighborhood responded quickly and detected a weak pulse, but police said Wittenberg died from massive head and internal injuries.
Wittenberg last drove and trained Standardbreds in 2003. As a driver he had 769 wins and earnings of $1,577,902, while his trainees posted 58 victories and banked $113,537.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Re: playing the lottery can kill you

Being hard of hearing and walking on the railroad tracks could also get you killed if you're not careful

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

call me skeptical - and i have no reason why he would do it - but when all is said and done i'll be STUNNED if this isn't ruled a Suicide

Agree Winky, or alcohol/drug related. I take it the ticket was a loser

The Devil

EOG Master

imagine if it was a big winning ticket???????

then he really lost.................