If you must play the Stanley Cup Final, lay the wood

Detroit too good at home where they will get the match-ups that they want.

Pitts mediocre on the road.

Det has more experience and defense wins in the playoffs.

Re: If you must play the Stanley Cup Final, lay the wood

Pitt not ready yet. Better D played in the West and Det plays the best D overall.

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated

I respectfully disagree that PIT is the better team, here and with SSI. The class of the league this year was all in the West (Detroit, San Jose, Anaheim) were all very good. The East was a mess with Montreal ultimately taking the prize. PIT will experience a new side of defence in this series and we'll see how many scoring opportunities they will get with only 20 shots a game. They will also see a team that passes as well as any in the league with better defence than they have seen anywhere else.

If PIT manages to open it up and gets more than 30 shots and Osgood plays poorly then they have a good chance. We'll see.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

this will be some great hockey and isn't it wonderful that everyone now have forgotten about hockey with this week delay? Who is running this league?

Good post NoNew :cheers

this will be some great hockey and isn't it wonderful that everyone now have forgotten about hockey with this week delay? Who is running this league?
I also hate the two week Super Bowl delay.

Hockey is more understandable this year so that they can open up the series on a Saturday.

Salo

EOG Dedicated

Pitts mediocre on the road.

The Pens have only lost two games the whole playoffs!

I agree it may be too soon for the Pens, but you got to wonder about the 'old' legs in Detroit and Osgood. Ozzy has yet to be really tested.

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar

CANNOT WAIT TO WATCH BUT I DON'T SEE CROSBY GETTING THE TITLE RIGHT NOW. JUST A HUNCH. I WOULD AGREE WITH RAIDERS.

Moldoveanu

EOG Master

DETROIT +2.5 Serries games Won

-355 not bad for such a team 355 to win 100$

even if they lose 4-2 series i dont see them winning only 1 game!!

philly and rangers had 1 game a piece i think detroit can pull more then 1!!

i think thats to good to be true

Mike Francesca was on the radio talking about liking the Penguins.

ClubmanCoop

EOG Veteran

<TABLE onmouseover="changeto(event, '#E6E6E6')" style="WIDTH: 100%" onmouseout="changeback(event, '#E6E6E6')" border=0><TBODY><TR class=Column_Date_Headers_Odds id=ctl00_MCPH_CL_ignore_1><TD colSpan=3>Stanley Cup Finals - Best of Seven

</TD></TR><TR class=Column_Headers_Odds id=ctl00_MCPH_CL_ignore_2><TD style="WIDTH: 25%">Sat 5/24</TD><TD colSpan=2>Pittsburgh Penguins vs Detroit Red Wings</TD></TR><TR class=AlternatingData1><TD>05:05 PM</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 53%">101 Pittsburgh Penguins</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 22%">+146</TD></TR><TR class=AlternatingData1><TD> </TD><TD>102 Detroit Red Wings</TD><TD>-156</TD></TR><TR class=Column_Headers_Odds id=ctl00_MCPH_CL_ignore_3><TD style="WIDTH: 25%">Sat 5/24</TD><TD colSpan=2>Pittsburgh Penguins vs Detroit Red Wings</TD></TR><TR class=AlternatingData1><TD>05:05 PM</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 53%">103 Pittsburgh Penguins</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 22%">+1.5 Games -167</TD></TR><TR class=AlternatingData1><TD> </TD><TD>104 Detriot Red Wings</TD><TD>-1.5 Games +157</TD></TR><TR class=Column_Headers_Odds id=ctl00_MCPH_CL_ignore_4><TD style="WIDTH: 25%">Sat 5/24</TD><TD colSpan=2>Pittsburgh Penguins vs Detroit Red Wings</TD></TR><TR class=AlternatingData1><TD>05:05 PM</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 53%">105 Pittsburgh Penguins</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 22%">-1.5 Games +248</TD></TR><TR class=AlternatingData1><TD> </TD><TD>106 Detroit Red Wings</TD><TD>+1.5 Games -268</TD></TR><TR class=Column_Headers_Odds id=ctl00_MCPH_CL_ignore_5><TD style="WIDTH: 25%">Sat 5/24</TD><TD colSpan=2>Pittsburgh Penguins vs Detroit Red Wings</TD></TR><TR class=AlternatingData1><TD>05:05 PM</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 53%">120 Pittsburgh Penguins 4-0</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 22%">+2020</TD></TR><TR class=AlternatingData1><TD> </TD><TD>121 Pittsburgh Penguins 4-1</TD><TD>+1196</TD></TR><TR class=AlternatingData1><TD> </TD><TD>122 Pittsburgh Penguins 4-2</TD><TD>+396</TD></TR><TR class=AlternatingData1><TD> </TD><TD>123 Pittsburgh Penguins 4-3</TD><TD>+612</TD></TR><TR class=AlternatingData3><TD> </TD><TD>124 Detroit Red Wings 4-0</TD><TD>+1041</TD></TR><TR class=AlternatingData1><TD> </TD><TD>125 Detroit Red Wings 4-1</TD><TD>+462 </TD></TR><TR class=AlternatingData1><TD></TD><TD>126 Detroit Red Wings 4-2</TD><TD>+569 :cool: </TD></TR><TR class=AlternatingData1><TD> </TD><TD>127 Detroit Red Wings 4-3</TD><TD>+352</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Pitt is the right team folks.

I think that Detroit rode the perfect wave to get to this spot. The first series was vs the Nashville Predators, the 8 seed and Detroit lost 2 games in this series. The Pred actually played Det tougher than their next 2 teams. In their 2nd series, Colorado went in there and on the eve of game 1, their goalie became sick. He played that game sick and gave up a few goals and then went directly back to his hotel room halfway thru that game due to illness. Det had a 3-1 lead and colorado closed it to 4-3. In the final 10 mins of that game 1 vs Colo, the avs were the superior team and detroit was saved by their goaltending to win. Colorado could have won that game despite their goalie being sick.

I think colorado had key injuries early in that series aside from their goalie not being able to recover in time to be 100%. It all went downhill from there and the Avs ended up just surrendering ........so, that series, while it was 4-0, was a 'throwout' series because Colorado fell apart at the wrong time...that wasn't colorado's best effort.

Detroit next got Dallas. The Stars came off an extremely hard, physical and draining series vs San Jose. Also, the Stars first opponent was Anaheim, who is big and physical. They defeated the Ducks and Sharks, but at a deep price. I watched almost all the Stars games in their entirety and i can tell you that Dallas was a shell of themselves in the Det series. Again, Detroit was well rested vs an opponent who tanked (colo) while Dallas went to a blood and guts 4 overtimes to dispatch of SJ in 6 games. Dallas was exhausted in that series and despite all that, took Det to 6 games. Dallas at full power would have beaten detroit.....the dallas that played anaheim and SJ was amazing, they would have beaten the Wings had they had any strength at all but their competition was vs the current cup champs and the team who was considered the best in the west by many.

The wings did what they had to do, but they are now going to face a great, talented, mentally tough and well rested opponent.

Switching to Pitt. The Pens dispatched of Ottawa by sweeping (while Detroit couldn't sweep Nashville, Pitt was sweeping a better team in round 1) Pitt beat the Rangers and Philly fairly handily, neither team ever had a shot, pitt was so superior to their competition that i can't really tell you how good pitt is. They never really had to go to the well....pitt is like an undefeated racehorse who wins easy under wraps and you dont know how good they can be if pushed.

Here's the thing i feel is very interesting about both teams so far in these playoffs and something that Pitt has done that no other team, including detroit, has done so far and that is this.

Pitt is the only team who's never had any stretch of any of their games, even for 1 minute, where the other team dominated play. There were stretches for Detroit vs Dallas and even Colorado briefly where those teams totally dominated play for mini stretches of 1 to 2 minutes. There were a handful of times when Detroit was dominated and their goalie saved them. In game 3 vs Dallas at Dallas, the Stars had a 3 minute stretch where they had a ton of shots on and at goal and eventually scored, but i dont think Detroit touched the puck once in 3 minutes.......that NEVER happened to Pitt at any point in any of their games....pitt was either the dominant team or the play was neutral. Sure, other teams had their scoring chances, but there wasn't that 'dominating' puck possession keep away stuff where Pitt wasn't able to physically get the puck from the other team.

To me, that's awesome. Almost every team goes thru that at times, but Pitt wasn't one of those teams.

I'm not even going to get into the league conspiracy stuff, but if you believe that exists, you have to think the league wants Crosby to win this thing.

Bet Pitt in the series and take Pitt in game 1 (and in game 2 if Det wins game 1)...they are plus 160 that's an absolutely ridiculous price considering both teams haven't played in what seems like weeks. In a 'rustathon' like this, you want the underdog i have to believe.

Detroit has their hands full. If you want to bet on Hockeytown, you're going to have to work awfully hard to cash that -160 series bet...it isn't going to be as easy as the first 3 serieses were for Detroit i can promise you that.

Good luck whatever you decide to do, it ought to be a great series.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

GL to all those wagering on the Finals.

May the better man win. (not the man the league wants to win)

SSI

EOG Dedicated

I have bet Pitt every series throughout the playoffs and have bet them in the finals as well..

i really think the league wants Pitt to win, to usher in the new era for hockey, so to speak.

this team and Crosby is the new face for the NHL... lets just hope they can pull it off... beating detroit wont be an easy feat but i think they can get it done..

looks like the right read, especially at the dog price..

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated

Game 1 showed a determined Detroit team, who after early penalty trouble and a totally blown disallowed goal stayed the course and dominated the younger Pens. Detroit allowed only 19 shots, and Osgood made quality saves when required. Detroit fired 38 pucks at Fleury and scored 4 times, most of those in the third period. Crosby, Malkin and Hossa were neutralized while the second and third line for Detroit chipped in with Samelsson (2) and Cleary. Frantzen should be back soon too. If Pens only get 20 shots a game, I cannot see them winning this series. If they go back home down 2-0 after tonight, it will be an even rougher road to travel. Watch Detroit pass the puck and move the puck out of their zone. They do it better than anyone in the league. The fact that Detroit had an easier ride in the West was a benefit of being the Number 1 seed. Yes they had a stumble with Preds, but that was the last time Hasek saw the goal. They then won 9 straight. Wings had their challenge in the first round. Pens have not had a tough challenge yet and can see this series as the start. A little adversity will be good for them.

I agree for the money that PIT for game 2 would be a decent choice, but the way the Wings are focused on the prize, I won't put any of my money against them. Enjoy Game 2.

Agree- Pitt had a pretty good 1st period but couldn't score even though they had 4 PP. I'm passing on game 2 and just keeping the series bet. May play game 3.

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="yspsctbg"><td class="ysptblhdr" height="18"> Team</td> <td rowspan="4" class="yspwhitebg" width="1">
</td> <td colspan="5" class="ysptblhdr widetitle" align="center">Shots on Goal</td> <td rowspan="4" class="yspwhitebg" width="1">
</td> <td colspan="3" class="ysptblhdr widetitle" align="center">Faceoffs</td> <td rowspan="4" class="yspwhitebg" width="1">
</td> <td colspan="2" class="ysptblhdr widetitle" align="center">Power Plays</td> </tr> <tr class="ysptblthbody2" align="right"> <td class="yspdetailttl" align="left" height="18" width="29%"> </td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="7%">1st</td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="7%">2nd</td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="7%">3rd</td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="7%">Total</td> <td width="4%"> </td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="7%">Won</td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="7%">Lost</td> <td width="4%"> </td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="12%">Converted</td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="9%">Total</td> </tr> <tr align="right"> <td class="team" align="left"> Pittsburgh </td> <td> 12 </td> <td> 4 </td> <td> 3 </td> <td>19</td> <td> </td> <td>31</td> <td>35</td> <td> </td> <td>0</td> <td>5 </td> </tr> <tr align="right"> <td class="team" align="left"> Detroit </td> <td> 11 </td> <td> 16 </td> <td> 9 </td> <td>36</td> <td> </td> <td>35</td> <td>31</td> <td> </td> <td>1</td> <td>6</td></tr></tbody></table>

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Pitt is the right team folks.

I think that Detroit rode the perfect wave to get to this spot. The first series was vs the Nashville Predators, the 8 seed and Detroit lost 2 games in this series. The Pred actually played Det tougher than their next 2 teams. In their 2nd series, Colorado went in there and on the eve of game 1, their goalie became sick. He played that game sick and gave up a few goals and then went directly back to his hotel room halfway thru that game due to illness. Det had a 3-1 lead and colorado closed it to 4-3. In the final 10 mins of that game 1 vs Colo, the avs were the superior team and detroit was saved by their goaltending to win. Colorado could have won that game despite their goalie being sick.

I think colorado had key injuries early in that series aside from their goalie not being able to recover in time to be 100%. It all went downhill from there and the Avs ended up just surrendering ........so, that series, while it was 4-0, was a 'throwout' series because Colorado fell apart at the wrong time...that wasn't colorado's best effort.

Detroit next got Dallas. The Stars came off an extremely hard, physical and draining series vs San Jose. Also, the Stars first opponent was Anaheim, who is big and physical. They defeated the Ducks and Sharks, but at a deep price. I watched almost all the Stars games in their entirety and i can tell you that Dallas was a shell of themselves in the Det series. Again, Detroit was well rested vs an opponent who tanked (colo) while Dallas went to a blood and guts 4 overtimes to dispatch of SJ in 6 games. Dallas was exhausted in that series and despite all that, took Det to 6 games. Dallas at full power would have beaten detroit.....the dallas that played anaheim and SJ was amazing, they would have beaten the Wings had they had any strength at all but their competition was vs the current cup champs and the team who was considered the best in the west by many.

The wings did what they had to do, but they are now going to face a great, talented, mentally tough and well rested opponent.

Switching to Pitt. The Pens dispatched of Ottawa by sweeping (while Detroit couldn't sweep Nashville, Pitt was sweeping a better team in round 1) Pitt beat the Rangers and Philly fairly handily, neither team ever had a shot, pitt was so superior to their competition that i can't really tell you how good pitt is. They never really had to go to the well....pitt is like an undefeated racehorse who wins easy under wraps and you dont know how good they can be if pushed.

Here's the thing i feel is very interesting about both teams so far in these playoffs and something that Pitt has done that no other team, including detroit, has done so far and that is this.

Pitt is the only team who's never had any stretch of any of their games, even for 1 minute, where the other team dominated play. There were stretches for Detroit vs Dallas and even Colorado briefly where those teams totally dominated play for mini stretches of 1 to 2 minutes. There were a handful of times when Detroit was dominated and their goalie saved them. In game 3 vs Dallas at Dallas, the Stars had a 3 minute stretch where they had a ton of shots on and at goal and eventually scored, but i dont think Detroit touched the puck once in 3 minutes.......that NEVER happened to Pitt at any point in any of their games....pitt was either the dominant team or the play was neutral. Sure, other teams had their scoring chances, but there wasn't that 'dominating' puck possession keep away stuff where Pitt wasn't able to physically get the puck from the other team.

To me, that's awesome. Almost every team goes thru that at times, but Pitt wasn't one of those teams.

I'm not even going to get into the league conspiracy stuff, but if you believe that exists, you have to think the league wants Crosby to win this thing.

Bet Pitt in the series and take Pitt in game 1 (and in game 2 if Det wins game 1)...they are plus 160 that's an absolutely ridiculous price considering both teams haven't played in what seems like weeks. In a 'rustathon' like this, you want the underdog i have to believe.

Detroit has their hands full. If you want to bet on Hockeytown, you're going to have to work awfully hard to cash that -160 series bet...it isn't going to be as easy as the first 3 serieses were for Detroit i can promise you that.

Good luck whatever you decide to do, it ought to be a great series.

I like FK but the fact is he is a GREAT FADE. One of the best. Read his posts to verify. FK says Pitt which means DETROIT. Knowing who to fade can be very profitable. We have a gold mine here folks.

Salo

EOG Dedicated

Red Wings leading playoff goal scorer, Johan Franzen, who missed six games with concussion-like symptoms has been cleared to play and will be in Detroit's lineup tonight.

Last edited:

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated

I like FK but the fact is he is a GREAT FADE. One of the best.
LMAO!! :LMAO

Well his Yankees have been a good fade so far early in the MLB season. All I hope is that the Wings keep up with the consistent defensive effort. Wings PP at 1-6 shows that they could be better here too.

Personally I don't like the Red Wings but money is more important than who I want to win so I layed down the -160 series price on Detroit.

Pitts to me is still too young and green and does not have the experience like a veteran Detroit team.

If the Red Wings wins tonight it's pretty much over.........

3-0 Final

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="yspsctbg"><td class="ysptblhdr" height="18"> Team</td> <td rowspan="4" class="yspwhitebg" width="1">
</td> <td colspan="5" class="ysptblhdr widetitle" align="center">Shots on Goal</td> <td rowspan="4" class="yspwhitebg" width="1">
</td> <td colspan="3" class="ysptblhdr widetitle" align="center">Faceoffs</td> <td rowspan="4" class="yspwhitebg" width="1">
</td> <td colspan="2" class="ysptblhdr widetitle" align="center">Power Plays</td> </tr> <tr class="ysptblthbody2" align="right"> <td class="yspdetailttl" align="left" height="18" width="29%"> </td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="7%">1st</td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="7%">2nd</td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="7%">3rd</td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="7%">Total</td> <td width="4%"> </td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="7%">Won</td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="7%">Lost</td> <td width="4%"> </td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="12%">Converted</td> <td class="yspdetailttl" width="9%">Total</td> </tr> <tr align="right"> <td class="team" align="left"> Pittsburgh </td> <td> 6 </td> <td> 6 </td> <td> 10 </td> <td>22</td> <td> </td> <td>29</td> <td>31</td> <td> </td> <td>0</td> <td>3 </td> </tr> <tr align="right"> <td class="team" align="left"> Detroit </td> <td> 12 </td> <td> 11 </td> <td> 11 </td> <td>34</td> <td> </td> <td>31</td> <td>29</td> <td> </td> <td>0</td> <td>9</td></tr></tbody></table>

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

I like FK but the fact is he is a GREAT FADE. One of the best. Read his posts to verify. FK says Pitt which means DETROIT. Knowing who to fade can be very profitable. We have a gold mine here folks.

So how much have you made 'fading' me?

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated

3-0 final, 22 shots by the Pens in total (no shots 5 on 5 in the first period and the first shot not until 12 min mark). Lesson 2 given by the Red Wings. Then Pens go after Frantzen and make themselves lose their composure. Running Osgood, head shots to Frantzen, and the coach complaining about a 'diving' Osgood. Okay, but perhaps he should ask himself where Malkin and Hossa have disappeared to...? No shots for Malkin last night. Another performance like that in Pittsburgh and this series is over.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Another performance like that in Pittsburgh and this series is over.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh - sorry to tell you this - but it is OVER now. this series will not come back to Pitt after G4. wing in no more than 5 and maybe a sweep

men vs boys here

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

3-0 final, 22 shots by the Pens in total (no shots 5 on 5 in the first period and the first shot not until 12 min mark). Lesson 2 given by the Red Wings. Then Pens go after Frantzen and make themselves lose their composure. Running Osgood, head shots to Frantzen, and the coach complaining about a 'diving' Osgood. Okay, but perhaps he should ask himself where Malkin and Hossa have disappeared to...? No shots for Malkin last night. Another performance like that in Pittsburgh and this series is over.

Why do you have diving in quotes?

Personally I don't like the Red Wings but money is more important than who I want to win so I layed down the -160 series price on Detroit.

Pitts to me is still too young and green and does not have the experience like a veteran Detroit team.

If the Red Wings wins tonight it's pretty much over.........

Before this series began most of my friends claimed they are very knowledgeable about sports said Pitts will control Detroit and win the Cup. That's when I decided to buy Detroit -160.......fading the public.:bank:

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated

Why do you have diving in quotes?

Answer: To me the post game comments from the coach that try and point the finger in his French Canadian accented English to Osgood as the reason why they had two penaltlies against the goalie strikes me as a guy grasping at straws. "Diving' was in quotes as he was talking about 'acting' and 'diving'. They are his words and his opinion, and I won't try to make them fact by reporting them as such.

Therrien has no answers for the Red Wings and throws a red herring out. Perhaps he should re-think trying to have his players punch Frantzen in the head and concentrate on getting shots on net. By the third period last night, you knew the Pens were going to try and rough it up to 'send a message' as the series goes back to Pittsburgh. <!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Moldoveanu

EOG Master

+2.5 Games Detroit

wow to easy to believe on -355 odds! :dancefool

now waiting on my on my spurs to cash in the parlay

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Answer: To me the post game comments from the coach that try and point the finger in his French Canadian accented English to Osgood as the reason why they had two penaltlies against the goalie strikes me as a guy grasping at straws. "Diving' was in quotes as he was talking about 'acting' and 'diving'. They are his words and his opinion, and I won't try to make them fact by reporting them as such.

Therrien has no answers for the Red Wings and throws a red herring out. Perhaps he should re-think trying to have his players punch Frantzen in the head and concentrate on getting shots on net. By the third period last night, you knew the Pens were going to try and rough it up to 'send a message' as the series goes back to Pittsburgh. <!-- google_ad_section_end -->

I dont care about the 'no answers' part, i'm concerned about the diving.

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated

If you get + money on the Red Wings tonight, it seems to be a good bet. They are ona roll and have shut down the Pens so far (the understatement of the day). We'll if the Pens can muster any emotion on their own building. It would be nice to make this a series at least. Enjoy the game!

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Pens BETTER score the FIRST goal of the game - or else it is OVER! Wings go UP 1-0 and the Pens start thinking "we are doomed we can't win" and they will be right. Pens score the first goal and we could have a game but the Wings get it - GAME OVER