Are parlays sucker bets?

Re: Are parlays sucker bets?

yes most of the time...

2-3 teamer at most under certain circumstances.... anything more is just for entertainment.

As a psuedo wannabe Sharp on a message board, you have to answer that they are sucker bets.

Once you enter the Kingdom of Sharpness, you will learn that these are played in more permutations that you can imagine.

If any of you think they are sucker bets, then please allow me to bet them into you with the customary 2 and 3 teamers (sides) odds..

If any of you think they are sucker bets, then please allow me to bet them into you with the customary 2 and 3 teamers (sides) odds..
You are just saying they aren't to encourage your posters to continue losing money to the books atop this forum page...:rolleyes:

if you say yes you probably shouldn't bet them as you haven't a clue on how to make this a +EV wager, if you said no.........................well i probably don't need to explain.

You are just saying they aren't to encourage your posters to continue losing money to the books atop this forum page...:rolleyes:

Dammit!

crazyl, you have figured it out.

The objective of any business is to bankrupt their client base.

one

EOG Addicted

ask all of the people who got thousands of dollars ripped out of their sportsbetting.com accounts...

Parlays are more profitable then straight bets when you are hitting 54 and 55% which BW does. Nice profit on 3 teamers at 6-1 and you can make a killing at 6.5-1.

The only other time they should be used is to circumvent limit or correlated other then that.

I'll post the numbers a little later.

Say you hit 55% of your bets.

ROI of betting straight at -110 = 5%
ROI of betting -105 = 7.38 %
3 teamer at 13-5 = 8.9%
3 teamer at 14-5 = 14.9%

Here's the math playing a 2 teamer at 13/5 hitting 55%.

55^2/100^2= 3025/10000 = .3025
This means you will win 30.25 % of your parlays.

Over 100 bets you win 30.25 and lose 69.75.

ROI = 8.9 %

3 teamer at 6-1

55^3/100^3 = .1646

Over 100 games you
win 16.46
lose 83.54

Parlays are more profitable then straight bets when you are hitting 54 and 55% which BW does. Nice profit on 3 teamers at 6-1 and you can make a killing at 6.5-1.

The only other time they should be used is to circumvent limit or correlated other then that.

I'll post the numbers a little later.

I am very familar with this concept...:cheers

msftkid

EOG Addicted

Yall act like picking 55% is easy!!!! Parlays are a perfect example of theory vs reality. Parlay players especially round robin people can really hurt you when they are going good but STIFF YOU when the law of large numbers prevails. Obviously in theory laying 6 -1 on 8 -1 bet is the nuts however in reality parlay people are cursed by their flawed logic and in the long run NEVER HAVE ANY MONEY!!!! Yes correlated parlays tend to give player the edge. Example: Over the 1st half of Colt game and parlay it with over in the colt game most stores wont book these. Shrink all stores are different however if you give NFL game action your parlays are no problem. In summary parlay people are like horse players they die broke and owe the world!!!! YEA i know there are always 1or 2 exceptions out of 10 million players!!!

HotShotHarvey

EOG Veteran

My bets are substantial-I NEVER play parlays. At these numbers, every win matters. However-for small players who seek a bigger payoff once in a while--go for it!!!If you do, I suggest playing "in time" parlays-games that start at about the same time. Why wait til 1am to find out if you won/lost?? Get it overwith-win or lose-why torture yourself?? A buddy of mine does this-and sleeps better!!!

Yall act like picking 55% is easy!!!! Parlays are a perfect example of theory vs reality. Parlay players especially round robin people can really hurt you when they are going good but STIFF YOU when the law of large numbers prevails. Obviously in theory laying 6 -1 on 8 -1 bet is the nuts however in reality parlay people are cursed by their flawed logic and in the long run NEVER HAVE ANY MONEY!!!! Yes correlated parlays tend to give player the edge. Example: Over the 1st half of Colt game and parlay it with over in the colt game most stores wont book these. Shrink all stores are different however if you give NFL game action your parlays are no problem. In summary parlay people are like horse players they die broke and owe the world!!!! YEA i know there are always 1or 2 exceptions out of 10 million players!!!

College Football and College Hoops, Sides and Totals OK?

Why would parlay losers be more likely to stiff you then straight players? A loser is a loser. Maybe someone that knows can tell me if I'm right or wrong ,but from what I've seen that a recreational straight bettor plays for a lot more money then a parlay recreational player. Even though the percentage hold is greater the volume makes up for it. Lots of guys play these $10 and $20 six team parlays.

Parlays are not sucker bets if you win :LMAO

In most cases parlays are losing bets..........odds are against you.

purplepat

EOG Senior Member

All gambling is designed to give the house an edge, so they are all sucker bets.

I'm sure I've lost money overall betting straight up and parlaying...maybe more parlaying.

Still, as a small potatoes player, I dig getting those odds for picking two, three or more right. I can bet a $10, three team parlay to pay out at 6-1 (or 6.4-1), but might not have $30 to wager $10 on each team straight up. I also like playing bigger round robin parlays keying on one, two, or three games. I also like to be able to put a home underdog to win outright in these parlays, as they can multiply the payout quickly if one hits. I think a few seasons back, I hit a $400 payout on a $10 parlay.

cassiusclay

EOG Master

this is a really funny thread. i would like to see a "parlay challenge" everyone who agrees with taking parlays in a week long contest.

jwunderdog

EOG Addicted

They won't make a losing player a winner, but they can make a winning player a BIG winning player.

jwunderdog

EOG Addicted

A proven 54% handicapper gives you 4 plays a day.

Round Robin 3 team parlays -6-1 payout or 4 straight bets -110?

What is better over 300 plays?

Apple

Banned

If utilized properly parlay wagers are NOT a sucker bet.. ML Parlays are good.