OT Movies ?

mr merlin

EOG Master
Re: OT Movies ?

I was disapointed with it - I would give it maybe 6.5, I liked the part about looking for oil and drilling ,etc, but when dd lewis started turning into a bitter old wierdo I think it lost focus.

LobWedgePhil

EOG Addicted

I agree Merlin, towards the end it did lose some focus, but overall I think that it was a pretty good movie, I enjoyed it. I am a wildcatter, and most wildcatters don't like it, so that means most of this board would probably like it.

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated

Great performance by DD-Lewis, but otherwise a story that did very little and did not really go anywhere. I was not a big fan of this story, but I agreed with the Oscar selection. It's another movie that proved to me that 2007 was not a banner year at the cinema.

good movie.
my top 2 "mainstream" movies for 2007 though would be
juno
i am legend
with some honorable mentions to:
the mist
superbad

and my favorite movie (for those of you who know me from the political forum) of 2007 is zeitgeist. possibly the most important movie ever made.
see it for free at zeitgeistmovie.com, youtube, googlevideo, etc.

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar

Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Tonight it is...

Breakheart Pass (1975)

<TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD> photos </TD><TD> board </TD><TD> trailer </TD><TD> details </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Register or login to rate this title

User Rating: 6.5/10 <SMALL>(1,177 votes)</SMALL> more

<SCRIPT><!--function tn15resize(timeout, chain) { var timer; return function() { window.clearTimeout(timer); timer = window.setTimeout(function() { try { var w; if (self.innerWidth) w = self.innerWidth; else if (document.documentElement && document.documentElement.clientWidth) w = document.documentElement.clientWidth; else if (document.body) w = document.body.clientWidth; document.getElementById('tn15content').className = w < 950 ? 'thin' : 'wide'; } catch (e) { } }, timeout); if (chain) chain(); }}window.onload = tn15resize(1000, window.onload);window.onresize = tn15resize(100, window.onresize);(tn15resize(100))();//--></SCRIPT><STYLE type=text/css>.media_strip_thumbs { overflow: hidden; height: 90px;}.media_strip_thumbs img { margin-right: 0.2em;}</STYLE><TABLE style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse"><TBODY><TR><TD class=media_strip_header>Photos (see all 14 | slideshow) </TD></TR><TR><TD>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><HR>Overview

Director:

Tom Gries

Writers:

Alistair MacLean (novel)
Alistair MacLean (screenplay)

Release Date:

25 December 1975 (Finland) more
Genre:

Western | Mystery | Crime | Action more
Tagline:

Revenge Mystery Danger Ambush more
Plot:

Train with medical supplies and small U.S. Army unit is heading through Rocky mountains towards plagued Fort Humboldt... more | add synopsis
Plot Keywords:

Explosive | Conspiracy | Investigation | Snow | Native American more
User Comments:

A train worth catching more

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar

The Enemy Below (1957)
<TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD> photos </TD><TD> board </TD><TD> trailer</TD><TD> details </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Register or login to rate this title

User Rating: 7.8/10 <SMALL>(2,586 votes)</SMALL> more

<SCRIPT><!--function tn15resize(timeout, chain) { var timer; return function() { window.clearTimeout(timer); timer = window.setTimeout(function() { try { var w; if (self.innerWidth) w = self.innerWidth; else if (document.documentElement && document.documentElement.clientWidth) w = document.documentElement.clientWidth; else if (document.body) w = document.body.clientWidth; document.getElementById('tn15content').className = w < 950 ? 'thin' : 'wide'; } catch (e) { } }, timeout); if (chain) chain(); }}window.onload = tn15resize(1000, window.onload);window.onresize = tn15resize(100, window.onresize);(tn15resize(100))();//--></SCRIPT><STYLE type=text/css>.media_strip_thumbs { overflow: hidden; height: 90px;}.media_strip_thumbs img { margin-right: 0.2em;}</STYLE><TABLE style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse"><TBODY><TR><TD class=media_strip_header>Photos (see all 16 | slideshow) </TD></TR><TR><TD>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

The Prophet

EOG Dedicated

FWIW:

TCM (Turner Classic Movies) will be airing this SUNDAY, JUNE 1st the following recommended classic...check your local times.

My Fair Lady (1964)

Audrey Hepburn
Rex Harrison

If you've never seen this movie here's your chance to catch a top-shelf classic!

Enjoy.

mr merlin

EOG Master

Didnt see breakheart pass, but I think I saw enemy below and it was very good, ( if its the one that ends with the german captain on board the american ship).