Appeasement Charges was fantastic ...

Yeah ... him like every other Politician has some shit that doesnt
make everyone comfortable but if their were more Bidens we
would have had both Cheney and Bush Impeached and Rice into
the alligator pit along with Rove

Biden has risen 100% in my book by standing firm by callling out
Bush on his lies

Roads, High and Low, New York Times
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/27/opinion/27herbert.htm...

On Friday morning, Joe Biden gave us an example of a leading national politician exhibiting decency and class. Later in the day, Hillary Clinton gave us an example of something else.

Senator Biden, the chairman of the Foreign Relations Committee, was on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” program. He spoke insightfully about the complexity of dealing with Iran, moving the discussion beyond the tedious and simplistic argument over whether to meet with certain foreign leaders.

He defended Barack Obama against the searing attacks by the Bush administration, John McCain and Joe Lieberman, and said:

“I refuse to sit back like we did in 2000 and 2004. This administration is the worst administration in American foreign policy in modern history — maybe ever. The idea that they are competent to continue to conduct our foreign policy, to make us more secure and make Israel secure, is preposterous. ... Every single thing they’ve touched has been a near-disaster.”

Mr. Biden was then asked about the dispute that Senator Obama and Senator McCain have been having over Senator Jim Webb’s proposal to increase college tuition benefits for men and women who have served in the military since Sept. 11, 2001. Senator Obama supports the bill. Senator McCain does not and has introduced a less-generous measure of his own.

When Senator Obama criticized Senator McCain’s position on this issue, Mr. McCain responded angrily and gratuitously mentioned that Mr. Obama had not served in the military. (This is especially weird when you consider that Senator McCain is a fierce supporter of the war in Iraq, which was fanatically promoted by an entire barnyard of chicken hawks.)

Said Senator McCain: “I will not accept from Senator Obama, who did not feel it was his responsibility to serve our country in uniform, any lecture on my regard for those who did.”

Dick Cheney never served in uniform. George W. Bush was assigned a uniform, but he spent a lot of time hiding from active duty. Bill Clinton never served in uniform. Hillary Clinton never served in uniform.

Senator Biden became emotional as he began his response to the question. “This is tough for me,” he said, “because John’s been my friend for 35 years, and I’m disappointed. Because, as you all know, there is a difference between an ad hominem argument and a logical response.”

vikingboy13

EOG Senior Member
Re: Yung: Biden aint perfect but will be on Obama's staff

With almost thirty years of foreign affairs experience, and plenty of fight in him, I think that Joe Biden would be a great and logical choice for VP.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Viking:

He has to be on the short list ....

I now respect the man more than ever for calling out the APPEASEMENT
bullshit when the Senator in the speech was a REPUBLICAN out of Idaho
and Bush's Grandfather APPEASED Hitler during WW2

It would be the one thing that could revive my confidence in the Democratic Party and have me on board the Barack Train, as Biden was MY choice for the best guy to be the president this time!! I would take Edwards, but it looks like he's headed for the Supreme Court and that's AWESOME for all us baby-killers!! :LMAO

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Edwards want the AG gig ...

I think the VP is between Richardson and Clarke/Webb

I forgot Webb!! I LOVE that guy!!
I think Clarke will be SD

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

I dont see Webb right now ....

I think Richardson is the VP with his background /// unless they go Clarke
to stick the "National Security" bullshit back in their faces (yeah .. like
Romney has much to yap about?)

BIG QUESTION: WHO CAN HANDLE THE PRESSURE OF FOLLOWING IN
CONDI's SHOES?

Mute point dumbass. Dems lose again when the Christian right comes out to vote,

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

If they pick Richardson i think it will be a huge mistake. I just don't think he is as quick on his feet as he needs to be. I also don't think he has that killer instinct you need. I think they would focus on him and this might become a disaster. Go with Webb we need some balls in there. First move find a way to ditch Pelosi and Reid. Then go get Lamont again and plan to get rid of Benedict Zo MIller Lieberman. I think Uconn has to realize what a huge mistake they made re electing this piece of shit.

vikingboy13

EOG Senior Member

I think Richardson would be a huge mistake, and a turnoff for many white and black voters. He stated that if he new that New Mexico had so many latino's, he would have moved there sooner. To me, racist. If a white pol said he would have moved to Idaho if he new there were so many white people, he would not be in politics too long. Big mistake. Biden is the perfect choice, for his foreign affairs experience, as well as having the gumption to shove it down the repugs throat. Hopefully, then Bush, Cheney, Rove, etc. will get their time in court.

Good for you. Looks like you put that degree to go work every day here at EOG.

I had an engineering job for exactly 6 months. I realized very quickly that the corporate world was not for me.

Now I just draw a check from the government and get paid 500 a week to post here at EOG. Oh the life. :cocktail