Anyone else watching this hockey game

munson15

I want winners...
Re: Anyone else watching this hockey game

I watched most of it, it was the best game of the last 3 series, IMO. At least of the ones I've seen.:rolleyes:

Watched 15 minutes of hockey all year, that's being generous. A friend is a diehard Rangers fan and he'd have to put a gun to my head to take me to the garden. Something about hockey I just can't get into, it's more exciting live but still.

:smokesmal

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

I watched most of it, it was the best game of the last 3 series, IMO. At least of the ones I've seen.:rolleyes:

not saying much

i LOOOOOOOOOOOVE the Stanley Cup playoffs - BEST playoffs of ANY sport out there but with few exceptions i have been bored to tears by this year's playoffs

WORST SC Playoffs in at least 10 years and maybe longer. very few close series and exciting games. only ONE G7 (Caps/Flyers) and very few games to remember with the exception of the 4OT G6 of Dallass/Sharkey's Machne (FIRST OT was one of the best-ever OT periods i have ever seen - each team shoulda scored 8 goals but scored none and Nabby with the SAVE OF THE DECADE!)

Unless things pick up worst SC Playoffs in some time - and it kills me to say this

not saying much

i LOOOOOOOOOOOVE the Stanley Cup playoffs - BEST playoffs of ANY sport out there but with few exceptions i have been bored to tears by this year's playoffs

WORST SC Playoffs in at least 10 years and maybe longer. very few close series and exciting games. only ONE G7 (Caps/Flyers) and very few games to remember with the exception of the 4OT G6 of Dallass/Sharkey's Machne (FIRST OT was one of the best-ever OT periods i have ever seen - each team shoulda scored 8 goals but scored none and Nabby with the SAVE OF THE DECADE!)

Unless things pick up worst SC Playoffs in some time - and it kills me to say this

There were three G7s in the first round Winky, but yeah agree with you, this year has been absent drama. Two teams have just been too dominant to make this compelling. At least in the NBA you have the Celtics doing everything the hard way. Without Sid's heroics in tonight's game it could have been really bad, with Franzen back this Wings team is just plain scary. They are making old man Osgood look good, but the defense is so strong any NHL goalie could win a Cup with this team.

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

In a nutshell no, nobody really gives a rats ass about hockey, that is why it is on versus, a channel very few give a shit about.

In a nutshell no, nobody really gives a rats ass about hockey, that is why it is on versus, a channel very few give a shit about.

Tonight's game and the rest of the series is on NBC, but thanks for the typical moronic input on the subject. I just love non-hockey fans and their "this is a stupid game" line. If you don't like it, don't watch it. Why take shots at those who enjoy it?

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

Tonight's game and the rest of the series is on NBC, but thanks for the typical moronic input on the subject. I just love non-hockey fans and their "this is a stupid game" line. If you don't like it, don't watch it. Why take shots at those who enjoy it?

Who the fuck said I don't like hockey? Don't speak for me you fucking idiot. But my brain and TV at the bar for my poker game was all about the much better NBA playoff game, so didn't need to know what channel it was on. And again I am right as I said in a nutshell, no nobody gives a rats ass about hockey and that is exactly correct given where the majority of the games are shown. Royal right again, wild bill wrong again, especially about speaking about my dislike for the sport.

:party

LobWedgePhil

EOG Addicted

Wow, relax Royal. It was a great game, for those who like Hockey, which is getting smaller and smaller each day.

Whatever Royal. I love the game and so do millions of others. If the game gets great ratings or not doesn't mean shit to me, I don't care if 10 or 10 million are watching the game along with me. As long as the game is on some channel I will watch it, why should I care if it is Versus or ESPN?

Almost as many people attend NHL games as NBA games, but most at NHL games are real fans and not there because its fashionable to be seen in the crowd or because they got the tickets from work or from clients. Hockey fans are true fans, shelling money out of their pockets for a sport they enjoy. Most so-called basketball fans wouldn't spend a dime on the game.

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

Wow, relax Royal. It was a great game, for those who like Hockey, which is getting smaller and smaller each day.

Hopefully the sport makes a comeback. Just don't need people telling me I don't like hockey, when I do, but the sport is somewhat insignificant at this time which is all I was saying and it is the truth.

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

Whatever Royal. I love the game and so do millions of others. If the game gets great ratings or not doesn't mean shit to me, I don't care if 10 or 10 million are watching the game along with me. As long as the game is on some channel I will watch it, why should I care if it is Versus or ESPN?

Almost as many people attend NHL games as NBA games, but most at NHL games are real fans and not there because its fashionable to be seen in the crowd or because they got the tickets from work or from clients. Hockey fans are true fans, shelling money out of their pockets for a sport they enjoy. Most so-called basketball fans wouldn't spend a dime on the game.

You should watch it if you love it. Never said you shouldn't. I also agree, the sport is a great live event. And many people get free tickets as a result in that sport as well as all other major sports. Hockey fans are passionate. Just unfortunate there aren't very many of them these days. Thus the sport haveing to be shown on some shit channel for a majority of the games. Game used to be great with the best annoucners ever. Now, generally speaking nobody cares which is the truth and yet you try and tell me what I like and don't like. I like anything where there is money to be made and that included hockey.

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated

As a Canadian reviewing this thread, it does not surprise me that there are those who think that hockey is a marginal sport that no one really pays attention to in the US. It's true. However I scratch my head at those who would rather watch NBA basketball over the NHL. That reflects a Canadian reality that the NBA is a marginal sport in Canada. We watch all forms of hockey, but not basketball. Hockey in our media is ALWAYS the first sports story both print and broadcasts. Women's basketball gets more air in the US than hockey does, try and figure that one out!

Am I watching this series? Absolutely! I wouldn't miss it. The Red Wings are my team. I am in Europe and wake up at 2:15AM to watch the games, with a 6 hour time difference. I watch it streaming on my computer. No TV. I thought that the Capitals series was incredible. I also enjoyed the Dallas series with both Ducks and Sharks. Philly had some exciting games too. I have enjoyed the playoffs as I do every year. Would I rather see the Hurricanes or Ducks or Lightning in the final - NO! I like this Wings-Pens series better as the potential is there for some great offensive play-making - so far it hasn't quite materialized, but I am hopeful.

The fact that the NHL in its wisdom has decided to move games to VERSUS rather than stay with ESPN was a mind-numbing decision for me as it took the game away from more US households. How can they start to enjoy a game on a channel many don't even have??! It was short-sighted and stupid. I never said that Gary Bettman understood the game and its market. I prefer the post-lockout game better with more skating and passing and less obstruction. I think it is more exciting and more watchable than the Devils trap days. I would like for Americans to 'get it' and start watching, but it won't change the commitment we have to it in my country. I work for a US company and I talk the game up with my US colleagues.

The next three (or four) games should be very exciting, and if it goes to a seventh game then you are not a sportsfan if you do not watch an all-or-nothing the winner takes a championship game. Shame on you if you don't as you will miss some incredible drama. Some of the best young stars of the game are on the ice and they have talent like you cannot believe. In the end I hope my Wings are triumphant, whether anyone in US is watching it or not. I can tell you that the atmosphere in both buildings is like nothing else! The Joe will be ROCKIN' for Game 5!!

You should watch it if you love it. Never said you shouldn't. I also agree, the sport is a great live event. And many people get free tickets as a result in that sport as well as all other major sports. Hockey fans are passionate. Just unfortunate there aren't very many of them these days. Thus the sport haveing to be shown on some shit channel for a majority of the games. Game used to be great with the best annoucners ever. Now, generally speaking nobody cares which is the truth and yet you try and tell me what I like and don't like. I like anything where there is money to be made and that included hockey.

I'm sorry but I just don't agree. 21 million people attended a regular season NHL game this year. When you add in Canada about 5 million watched game one of the Finals, even with it competing with a Pistons playoff game. Hockey is having a great run right now and the fan numbers are better than ever.

Look at it this way, if the Jazz had beaten the Lakers many more people in North America would be watching the NHL than the NBA this week.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

NHL is a great sport. That game is played by more guys who would 'play for free' than probably any other sport. NHL is not like the NBA where a team wins one, than gives one away and goes zig zag...teams don't give shit away in the NHL. Its a man's sport, you can't be a pussy to play this game, these guys are freaking tough and the action is better than any sport of the 4 major sports.

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

I'm sorry but I just don't agree. 21 million people attended a regular season NHL game this year. When you add in Canada about 5 million watched game one of the Finals, even with it competing with a Pistons playoff game. Hockey is having a great run right now and the fan numbers are better than ever.

Look at it this way, if the Jazz had beaten the Lakers many more people in North America would be watching the NHL than the NBA this week.

You can spin it any way you want, but the bottom line is that the ratings suck, and nobody cares in the US any longer about this sport in general. I am right, I know that. And I could give a shit about Canada. I am talking about the best country in the world here and to include Canada is insulting. Live attendances are good and that is great, but nobody watches it on TV thus, the shitty ass versus network to view games.

:LMAO

But yet Royalfan is wrong.

:LMAO

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

NHL is a great sport. That game is played by more guys who would 'play for free' than probably any other sport. NHL is not like the NBA where a team wins one, than gives one away and goes zig zag...teams don't give shit away in the NHL. Its a man's sport, you can't be a pussy to play this game, these guys are freaking tough and the action is better than any sport of the 4 major sports.

Strange that very few give a shit about it then.

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated

royalfan - you may not give a shit about Canada, and that's a shame but the rest of the world reallly care less about you and your sports. What's the most popular sport in the world? Football. Not NFL Football but soccer. Watch the soccer world cup or catch any of the Europe Cup in June and you'll see the world's most popular sport.

"Best country in the world here..." hmmm the rest of the world might take some exception to that, but I'll leave you to it.

For those non-hockey fans looking for some visual entertainment to show you some of the game, here it is:

Great Moments In Hockey Video

Two of the sweetest goals you'll ever see:

YouTube - Sweet Spezza goal

YouTube - Ovechkin on his back