I took the Spurs +230 pretty good!

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated
I had NO in games 1,2 and 5 at home and went somethign like 5-2 for the series. SPurs have been good to me this playoff season. This line is HIGH for my blood. I figure i can always hedge later too. The Spurs are going to take everyone away they can and make Koby win all alone and that is hard. Spurs are starting to click and at +230 I will bite. The spurs are the perfect playoff team and this will be a war but I like these odds. Thoughts men?

Seymour

EOG Dedicated
Re: I took the Spurs +230 pretty good!

I think LA should be a small fav and nothing more - Duncan was having monster games against the Suns and should do so against Gasol - Pop will thoroughly review how Detroit shut Koke down - we may employ a doubling of a 2 guard.

munson15

I want winners...

I can't criticize anyone taking the Spurs after that takedown of the Hornets in their own building. They have a way of choking the life out of a team defensively, and everytime they need FT's, Ginobili has the ball. A very clutch, tough-minded team that knows how to win. Does the Laker supporting cast have what it takes in crunch time? We shall see, but +230 is a pretty good price. One comment, why not wait until the Spurs lose game 1, they are going to be a little winded after all the travel and the 7-game series, the price will go up then.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

Line to me shows me the Spurs won't be getting many calls. Lakers may win this series easy. Its strange how a high line somehow dictates calls on games. Well strange to some. If anyone saw the Denver LA series and the LA/Utah series both teams UTAH and Denver screamed about the calls and rightfully so. Kinda reminds me when the Sixers went to the finals. All ridiculous lines and all three teams they beat were furious with the calls. Life in the NBA.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

I can't criticize anyone taking the Spurs after that takedown of the Hornets in their own building. They have a way of choking the life out of a team defensively, and everytime they need FT's, Ginobili has the ball. A very clutch, tough-minded team that knows how to win. Does the Laker supporting cast have what it takes in crunch time? We shall see, but +230 is a pretty good price. One comment, why not wait until the Spurs lose game 1, they are going to be a little winded after all the travel and the 7-game series, the price will go up then.

Good point. Some would believe the SPurs have a good shot in game 1 being on a roll and if they do find a way to win then you will lose these odds. Not a bad idea at all Munson but the odds seem right and I have gotten burned before playing the gussing game....like when to hedge etc etc.

Seymour, I agree. Odds are a little too high. Come on SPurs.

I am surprised that money is coming in at these odds on the Lakers. Interesting and I would not have thunk it.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

I am surprised that money is coming in at these odds on the Lakers. Interesting and I would not have thunk it.

Maybe they are moving the line up to suck more people into taking the Spurs? It is a business to make money no?

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Maybe they are moving the line up to suck more people into taking the Spurs? It is a business to make money no?

that is sort of what I mean. I thought some money would come in on the Spurs by this point. Still a little early so we shall see. I would think it will be under +200 for sure by game time. Not looking that way thus far.

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"

I like it Tom

Lakers are outmatched at 3 key positions, especially underneath where Duncan will dominate.....

A real Clipper fan would never post a picture of Kobe in uniform. What kind of fan are you?????

munson15

I want winners...

Good point. Some would believe the SPurs have a good shot in game 1 being on a roll and if they do find a way to win then you will lose these odds. Not a bad idea at all Munson but the odds seem right and I have gotten burned before playing the gussing game....like when to hedge etc etc.

Seymour, I agree. Odds are a little too high. Come on SPurs.

I certainly can appreciate your feeling that you won't be burned again trying to get in at the right moment. The whole stuck in the airport story, how old and tired the Spurs are, seems to make game 1 look like an easy game for LA. Could be a trap.

GL on the San Antonio play, they are a great, veteran team and this is a fascinating matchup. This Laker team has never faced what they'll see from the Spurs defensively and savvy wise, and has no champions outside of Bryant. I see the Spurs spotting them game 1, then digging in for a big effort in game 2 before going home and really turning the screws. The price is right, I agree with that, also.

Call it a trap, but I can't believe anyone lays 7 points with the Lakers and considers it a good value. That line is crazy. The Spurs are always playing mind games though, the thing that always pissed me off about them. They just toy with their opponents and Pops does call off the dogs early when he feels it makes a good statement. Sort of the rope a dope basketball style.

Yes I am fully convinced this team has lost or at least not tried to win some games in the past and I do have a concern this might be one of them. But still the Lakers are not 7 points better than them from a value perspective.

royboy

EOG Dedicated

lakers in 5... kobe is focused and playing team ball, and finally has the horses to run with him

but i've been wrong before

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

I think the Lake show is overpriced, but i do think they'll win.

The problem i see with hammering the spurs (action bet ok, hammer no) is because the Lake show has done something that very few teams have done this playoff season.

1) they swept an opponent in 4 games. (has anyone else swept anyone?)

2) they've not only won multiple road games, but they've beaten good teams in Denver and Utah.

3) they haven't been embarrassed at all this playoff season...they either won, or were 'in' every game.

San Antonio was embarrassed 4 seperate times in games they didn't even try....which shows me the Lakers 'want it more'. San Anto went thru the motions in one game vs Phx and 3 games vs N.O where as the Lakers put up HUGE fights in every game and showed big time 'desire'. Very few, if any, of these other teams in the playoffs showed that kind of hunger in every game. Lakers didn't give away one possession in any game, and SA has given away many.

The Lakers aren't a sure thing by any stretch, but i don't think they are a vulnerable favorite. If SA wins this series, they're going to have to be great to do it. Lakers aren't giving them one inch in any game....SA is going to have to play extremely hard in all 7 games to win this series.....and, from the looks of their previous serieses, they don't really want to play all that hard all the time, they want to pick and choose when they play hard.

I wouldn't want to back a team like that....at almost any price.

SA is probably going to have to win game 7 in LA to win this series as i dont believe they are good enough to win this series in less than 7 games. Can SA win game 7 vs Kobe in LA? I'd be worried if i was a Spurs bettor counting on an outright win in that game.

In fact, if this series goes to a game 7, the Lakers might be 5 or 6 pt faves in that 7th game, which means SA will be at least +150 on the ML.

I think i'd rather wait for game 7 and grab the 150 and get to see the previous 6 games, instead of backing at team who might not even make it to game 7.

If you believe SA can win this series in LESS than 7 games, you might be able to make more money betting individual games on the ML than you can with a series bet.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Ok series line has not moved and it +220 at Greek, +235 at Bookmaker, +240 at Pinny. That line is high. Let the games begin!

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Well, had a great chance to hedge yesterday if I took the Lakers at the half. All they had to do was win the game at that point and if they did lose and i lose the bet, but it looks better for my series bet. If they win, I immediately make money on the series. THey won and I missed the hedge. Disappointing. Koby is too much. I say the same thing that I saw against the Hornets and that is the Spurs are in trouble. The differnce is KOBY. He did it all in the 2nd half. I mean he was the only one and was simply devastating. Missed opportunity but hopefully there will be more chances.

Heim

EOG Master

"I say the same thing that I saw against the Hornets and that is the Spurs are in trouble. "

Earth to Brady....I think the Spurs won that series.

Nice thread though. If the Spurs lose no big they're
supposed to. If they win...well Brady's the man

They (Spurs) ain't gonna win East Coast homie.....

PS. You were better off looking for a better price on the Lakers
than the other way around.

Spurs are a veteran team. They'll shake off what happened last night better than just about any other team would.

Wouldn't be surprised at all if they take Game 2 and the Lakers are the demoralized team heading to SA for Games 3 and 4

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Spurs are a veteran team. They'll shake off what happened last night better than just about any other team would.

Wouldn't be surprised at all if they take Game 2 and the Lakers are the demoralized team heading to SA for Games 3 and 4

I would like to see it. I am still in awe of seeing Koby destroy them in the 2nd half. Like a bad dream.

Seymour

EOG Dedicated

Some many factor causing that meltdown - Finley - Manu - Udoka taking way too many shots late - Duncan passing too much - not doubling Kobe - officiating - we could really use G2

Apple

Banned

Fisher horrible game
Odom horrible game

Down 20 with 6 mins left in third and the Lakers still won.. I don't think you can blame Lakers backers/fans for being a little more confident about the series now.

Heim

EOG Master

I had NO in games 1,2 and 5 at home and went somethign like 5-2 for the series. SPurs have been good to me this playoff season. This line is HIGH for my blood. I figure i can always hedge later too. The Spurs are going to take everyone away they can and make Koby win all alone and that is hard. Spurs are starting to click and at +230 I will bite. The spurs are the perfect playoff team and this will be a war but I like these odds. Thoughts men?

"The spurs are starting to click..."

That's great top shelf capping there Tom

So Tom how is the hedging coming along?

Are you still hedging at the half to save your series bet :LMAO

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

I like TB Numero 2, but the fact is he is a GREAT FADE. One of the best. Read his posts to verify. Brady says San Antonio which means LA. Knowing who to fade can be very profitable. We have a gold mine here folks.:+money-8+

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Spurs not looking good. I am not hedging tonight at these prices (at least ML game at this point and still early to decide). Playoffs been very very good to me. Good luck to all!

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Amazing how a controversial D Fish play comes back to haunt the Spurs, again. Was not the Spurs year. And they really should not have won last year. As soon as Mr. NBA gave Gasol to the Lakers it was already decided. Even coach Pop said that. Even better, Suns and Mavs made desperate moves to upgrade and downgraded. Hornets are a player away from being right there. If that game was in LA, and Kobe got ran into, ft time.

OF...:hung

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Amazing how a controversial D Fish play comes back to haunt the Spurs, again. Was not the Spurs year. And they really should not have won last year. As soon as Mr. NBA gave Gasol to the Lakers it was already decided. Even coach Pop said that. Even better, Suns and Mavs made desperate moves to upgrade and downgraded. Hornets are a player away from being right there. If that game was in LA, and Kobe got ran into, ft time.

OF...:hung

Yeah I hear you Froggie. This does show how great SPurs are. The Lakers are younger, deeper, faster, have the best player and have home court. The Lakers are better. Still the Spurs with any breaks could have won 3 of 4 and it is very reasonable to be 2-2 right now. Up 20 in game 1 midway thru the 3rd and Giniobelli had a makeable 3 with seconds to go and then Barry fiasco in game 4. It has not happened for them. Kudos to Duncan, Pop and all the Spurs as their time is winding down.

Heim

EOG Master

Brady#1 is the quintessential gambler....

All his posted plays lose all others win...

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

I had a nice hedge with the Lakers at the half tonight. The game ML was too high and was fortuneate enough to have a nice halftime line. The Lakers just had to win. If they lost it would have put me in a shaky position in game 6. It won though. Good luck to all!