EOG's main forum compared to other sites, has gained on and passed others,including X

Journeyman

EOG Master
With a 2-1 new thread ratio over the X , in each's main forum, and it's not even close where the more knowledgeable people are hanging out now.

Way more topics of interest, way more personality and overall knowledge of sports and the games, and where to go to talk when the games are being played.

Props to Tuckman, Flamingo Kid, Tom Brady, Seymour, Jeff Jones, Raiders, Dirty, Ego, Reload, Royalfan, Shrink, Crazyl, OSU Cowboy, Winky, Gyno, Munson, SSI, Thor, Hoffa, Bucs, Mike H, Nick Pappagiono, cassius, and many more.

This forum is hopping now. :cheers

Re: EOG's main forum compared to other sites, has gained on and passed others,includi

Re: EOG's main forum compared to other sites, has gained on and passed others,includi

:thumbsup

Re: EOG's main forum compared to other sites, has gained on and passed others,including X

journey - why didnt ya list me, sir?

Re: EOG's main forum compared to other sites, has gained on and passed others,including X

Is Raiders a compensated thread starter/poster here?

Its great the EOG is 2x busier than someone. Always liked the main forum.

Is Raiders a compensated thread starter/poster here?

Its great the EOG is 2x busier than someone. Always liked the main forum.

John,

You know I luv ya but why is this any of your business?

Please enlighten me...

Thanks,

THE SHRINK

I always love this attitude where if an anonymous poster asks a question of someone, he expects the question to be answered.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

I always love this attitude where if an anonymous poster asks a question of someone, he expects the question to be answered.

Jeff, you are correct my friend...this thread should be moved to the dump......IMMEDIATELY!

ShavenCoinpurse

EOG Dedicated

I think a better tool of measure would be how many members post over a certain number of posts per day or something like that. J-Man alone can make a forum look like it has lots of traffic. But would that mean the forum is beating others when other forums have more members involved? Would a book really want to put up advertising at a site with lots of traffic but 90% of that traffic is dominated by a handful of people? Just a question.....:+clueless

No way to dump... Too much valuable info here.

We have learned that The Shrink is making EOG payroll decisions without checking with SBR first.

I think a better tool of measure would be how many members post over a certain number of posts per day or something like that. J-Man alone can make a forum look like it has lots of traffic. But would that mean the forum is beating others when other forums have more members involved? Would a book really want to put up advertising at a site with lots of traffic but 90% of that traffic is dominated by a handful of people? Just a question.....:+clueless

That's a very thoughtful question and the answer is NO.

If any forum is dominated by just a handful of people, no sports book with any business savy will pay to advertise there...

In this envirnment, a gambling site must provide results or it is doomed...

Fortunately, EOG has enough sponsors to sustain the payroll.

THE SHRINK

John,

You know I luv ya but why is this any of your business?

Please enlighten me...

Thanks,

THE SHRINK

OK Ken, I guess I know the answer now. He started an odd thread at SBR and I asked him there but he danced around it.

I like Raiders, Journey and all the rest. I'm a firm believer the industry is better with good sites. Sort of like why BurgerKing, Wendys, McDonalds and Taco Bell put their stores right next to each other. Take one away and the remaining stores actually see business decline.

Journeyman

EOG Master

journey - why didnt ya list me, sir?

Ya know after I posted, I thought to myself, 'shoot I missed ID, Tony and a few others.

I could have listed more and apologize for missing you poriginally, surely you are high on the list.

:cool:

Journeyman

EOG Master

Good points and I considered that when I looked it over, I don't post as much as people seem to think, while I avg 50+ a day and use to post that at X....

I see a major decline over there and this is coming from someone who was the catalyst thread starter over there for 5+ years...they are lacking, and obviously this is not the end all barometer , it's just an observation , more and more very good postwers are over here at EOG and more frequent and some other places have slumped off.

journey - while you are right about the main forum, the sports forums here, and the dump, are suffering....

I agree with what John said about all the food places being next to each other. Too much of any one place is boring. Each site offers something different, I've found EOG to be more entertaining lately.

If you look at any of the "big 3" sites, excluding Covers, the handicapping forums all probably could improve, but that's just because people including myself are lazy and would rather shoot the shit.

Appreciate the info, but I suspect that there are many, many here who don't give two goddams about what's going on at another site. Just my dos centavos. . . .:cheers

Journeyman

EOG Master

I agree , first things first.

Progress has been made , I still believe EOG has to go out and tap into new poster blood ...the core group is getting stronger IMO.

For all your festering, you really all are just idiots.

Do what you want.

The sports (picks) forums are slowly but surely getting busier and stronger, will have a better indication when football comes back around

As Journeyman pointed out, one of the keys is getting some new blood pumping into the forum and I personally have seen some positives in that the past month or two.

Also, most overlooked by many forums is "retention", in other words keeping the posters you already have happy and participating.

I never see that.
You're too busy jaywalking across the other sections. :cheers

OK Ken, I guess I know the answer now. He started an odd thread at SBR and I asked him there but he danced around it.

I like Raiders, Journey and all the rest. I'm a firm believer the industry is better with good sites. Sort of like why BurgerKing, Wendys, McDonalds and Taco Bell put their stores right next to each other. Take one away and the remaining stores actually see business decline.

I totally agree.

With a 2-1 new thread ratio over the X , in each's main forum, and it's not even close where the more knowledgeable people are hanging out now.

Way more topics of interest, way more personality and overall knowledge of sports and the games, and where to go to talk when the games are being played.

Props to Tuckman, Flamingo Kid, Tom Brady, Seymour, Jeff Jones, Raiders, Dirty, Ego, Reload, Royalfan, Shrink, Crazyl, OSU Cowboy, Winky, Gyno, Munson, SSI, Thor, Hoffa, Bucs, Mike H, Nick Pappagiono, cassius, and many more.

This forum is hopping now. :cheers

What a hypocrite...:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

THE SHRINK

Seymour

EOG Dedicated

Ken, the big guy's going to have his forum up real soon - are you gonna join?

BEANTOWNJIM

Banned

SHRINK DONT YOU FEEL LIKE A REAL ASSHOLE WASTING THANKS DADS INHERITANCE ON THIS F-CKING BAFFOON JOURNEYMAN :doh1

SHRINK YOU REALLY KNOW HOW TO BUY FRIENDS :LMAO

SHRINK DONT YOU FEEL LIKE A REAL ASSHOLE WASTING THANKS DADS INHERITANCE ON THIS F-CKING BAFFOON JOURNEYMAN :doh1

SHRINK YOU REALLY KNOW HOW TO BUY FRIENDS :LMAO

You may never hear these 3 words from me again beaner but here goes...12io4j2w90

YOU ARE RIGHT!!!!

THE SHRNK